Short flight time
1794 9 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

Hi,

I have a new Tattu 22000 mah (or bought from a guy who had it unused all in package and clean and so on), don't know how long had been sitting. But however, I get flighttime around 10 min and after that I have like 21.2V left and I come down. When I go home and charge battery to "storage" I see that it discharges a little and then it's done. Doesn't this mean that there's around 50% or a bit more battery left (since storage is in 50%?). And as I understod you can use 80% of the battery? So why it drops so quickly to 21.2V? Or can I just change the lower limit lower? Or are the batteries so bad even though after flight there's so much left? Or is there just something I don't understand about these batteries? Same thing with few batteries that came with copter (these were used ones)

Checked and app shows the voltage pretty much correctly (like +/- 0.1V).

Regards,
Madis

2017-8-28
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I am no expert on lipo batteries and I am fairly new to using them. But I remember reading somewhere that they first reach their full capacity after 10 cycles. So maybe to soon to tell what the status of your battery is. What do you usually get from a this size of a battery?And what is the total weight of your drone and temperature when flying?
2017-11-10
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

What drone do you have? Are you flying in cold weather?
2017-11-30
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

Runi Posted at 2017-11-10 12:45
I am no expert on lipo batteries and I am fairly new to using them. But I remember reading somewhere that they first reach their full capacity after 10 cycles. So maybe to soon to tell what the status of your battery is. What do you usually get from a this size of a battery?And what is the total weight of your drone and temperature when flying?

Hi, Might be the case bu tI dont think the difference should be that big?
temperature was around 15 C probably and weight is normal S1000 with Blackmagic gimbal + Go pro. Havent actually checked the exact weight of it.
2018-3-22
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-11-30 11:44
What drone do you have? Are you flying in cold weather?

S1000 and 15Celcius. Not flying during winter.
2018-3-22
Use props
sftmthd
lvl.2

what’s the voltage when you plug it in to recharge? You might be seeing enough voltage drop under load that 21.2v isn’t 80% discharged. I had the same issue with a Tattu 12500. I lowered the voltage warnings after a few flights and now I land with that battery at 20.9. It bounces back to 22.2 at recharge and takes about 80% recharge.
2018-3-22
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Yea..you gotta be careful with the voltage...most guys are on the ground or have second level warning around 21.5V. Don’t go by what the voltage is after you land...use the voltage when flying...Do you have the OSD (On screen display) to monitor the voltage while you fly? That being said, if you have a Tattu 22,000 and are only getting 10 mins on a full charge just using a Black Magic with a GoPro then it sounds like you got a battery that wasn’t taken care of. I get 13-17 mins with the Panasonic GH series cameras....but the range is dependent on the type of manuvers I’m doing for the shot...you should easily get significantly more flight time than you are.....
2018-3-22
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

sftmthd Posted at 2018-3-22 15:05
what’s the voltage when you plug it in to recharge? You might be seeing enough voltage drop under load that 21.2v isn’t 80% discharged. I had the same issue with a Tattu 12500. I lowered the voltage warnings after a few flights and now I land with that battery at 20.9. It bounces back to 22.2 at recharge and takes about 80% recharge.

When I land and turn copter off the OSD voltage jumps up, But I think that's normal, it goes down again when you start motors and fly again. I have to check voltage next time before charging.
2018-3-22
Use props
fansdb0d1578
lvl.2

Finland

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-3-22 19:13
Yea..you gotta be careful with the voltage...most guys are on the ground or have second level warning around 21.5V. Don’t go by what the voltage is after you land...use the voltage when flying...Do you have the OSD (On screen display) to monitor the voltage while you fly? That being said, if you have a Tattu 22,000 and are only getting 10 mins on a full charge just using a Black Magic with a GoPro then it sounds like you got a battery that wasn’t taken care of. I get 13-17 mins with the Panasonic GH series cameras....but the range is dependent on the type of manuvers I’m doing for the shot...you should easily get significantly more flight time than you are.....

I have OSD. Interesting since batteries were new, but they were bought from private person so I dont know how long they had been stored. Shouldn't be that bad. I've flown quite calm.
2018-3-22
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

fansdb0d1578 Posted at 2018-3-22 22:06
When I land and turn copter off the OSD voltage jumps up, But I think that's normal, it goes down again when you start motors and fly again. I have to check voltage next time before charging.

That’s normal....that’s why I suggested to not use the voltage when you shut down...Do you have a voltage checker that plugs into the equalization plug? The one that reads each cell? If not I’d really suggest getting on...they are cheap....then you can see if you also have a bad cell....
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules