Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gyro Data Error after firmware update / no more compass calibration
3752 19 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nightreaver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103369 ft
South Korea

Hello

I just got mavic a while ago, couldn'T flight much during that time, maybe 10min total, 5meter height...

As I wanted to prepare for a trip I wanted to take some time practice flying and when i turned it on now, it said Firmware update available.
So i charge the remote and the mavic battery, turned on the controller and the mavic and started the firmware update.
Everything went well 100% on first "try"... but since the update GYRO2 is just displaying "Data Error", and I can't calibrate compass anymore (I can do 20x 360° turns without any effect) and it was working flawlessly right before the firmware update! Dunno with firmware was on before

I tried "refeshing" the firmware with Assistant2 and clicked "factory reset" - nothing changed.
I also tried after letting it cool down for a few hours with just the same effect - "Data Error" and no compass calibration

Any Ideas?

2017-8-28
Use props
Nightreaver
lvl.1
South Korea

I tried the latest (obviously) Firmwares
1.3.10000, from 2017-08-22 and
1.3.10000, from 2017-08-25

with factory reset

(which btw the worst verisoning i've seen in years - absolute no-go!)

I tried it inside my apartment and outside in the woods and with different batteries as well
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please provide some screenshots about this issue for better assistance?
2017-8-28
Use props
Smibsh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236161 ft
United Kingdom

This has happened to me as well, exacly the same set of circumstances only mine has the error with GYR01
2017-8-29
Use props
Nightreaver
lvl.1
South Korea

Of course, as many as you want!

Status

Status

Compass

Compass

IMU

IMU

About

About

Battery

Battery
2017-8-29
Use props
Smibsh
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My devices are at the same firmware versions.

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus not sure if that makes a difference?

Firmware versions

Firmware versions

2017-8-29
Use props
AntMD
lvl.1
Brazil

I have a new mavic pro with updated firmware and the same problem Cannot calibrate the IMU nor the compass
Help!
2017-9-2
Use props
AntMD
lvl.1
Brazil

Screenshot
IMG_1841.PNG
2017-9-2
Use props
Nightreaver
lvl.1
South Korea

So i'Ve tried downgrading with help of harry potters fellows... but no success.... even with going back older firmware versions, the issue persists.

I've talked to the support, they told be to send it in for a repair! But DJI doesnt offer global warranty.. with... will cost me a lot of money to get it repaired within warranty!
Right now.. i can't believe that!
2017-9-2
Use props
Smibsh
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've tried downgrading to various versions with no solution. I’ve now resulted in sending the drone back to DJI to get the problem resolved.
2017-9-2
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

Any news from DJI?
2017-9-8
Use props
aleReimondo
New
Flight distance : 81775 ft
Argentina

Same situation here.
In my case, the update (to same version) has been requested a few days ago; and today I tried to take off; after successfull IMU calibrarion (first time it prompted to be required).
All goes as usual; good satellites signal, got home point reg., all green...
when the mavic wanted to hover after take off it started to make crazy moves from one side to the other, and crashed to a monument (it was good to move to that direction because on the other side it was a few girls playing and the history could be other end).
I tried to stop motors, and mavic reach the floor level (from 1 meter high); only a few lines on the top, nothing visible broken.
After the "accident", I realized that the app is not reporting bad IMU value on GYR01 and it is green for take off.
I tried more that five times to recalibrate IMU and compass (both reported as need calibrarion if I enter the sensors page) but both do not work.
What should I make to repair the (in my opinion) software problem introduced by the update?
Ale.
2017-9-16
Use props
aleReimondo
New
Argentina

aleReimondo Posted at 2017-9-16 18:44
Same situation here.
In my case, the update (to same version) has been requested a few days ago; and today I tried to take off; after successfull IMU calibrarion (first time it prompted to be required).
All goes as usual; good satellites signal, got home point reg., all green...

After IMU calibration, restared the Mavic Pro; waited aprox one minute for IMU initialization...
and the GYRO1 value reports Data Error again.
The message on the control is that the AUV is good to take off using vision... :-( (I am actually indoors in a flat, so no satellites)
The calibration page of IMU reports data error for GYRO1 and Compass calibration page shows a red bar for Compass1.
I tried many times to calibrate compass but after multiple circles in all directions it is always green in the first stage of calibration.
2017-9-17
Use props
aleReimondo
New
Argentina

aleReimondo Posted at 2017-9-17 05:19
After IMU calibration, restared the Mavic Pro; waited aprox one minute for IMU initialization...
and the GYRO1 value reports Data Error again.
The message on the control is that the AUV is good to take off using vision... :-( (I am actually indoors in a flat, so no satellites)

Adding screens with values...

IMU Initializing

IMU Initializing

Compass

Compass

GYRO1 Data Error

GYRO1 Data Error
2017-9-17
Use props
m4jp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1228780 ft
United States

I just got my mavic pro from DJI and have the same problem. Did my initial firmware upgrade and then calibration for compass and IMU. I got the GYRO2 data error  and unable to do a compass calibration. Can anyone for DJI help? Thanks in advance
2017-11-22
Use props
Meni
New
Austria

i have the same problem!
my mavic pro is brand new and after the firmware update i have a gyro1 data error!

2018-2-18
Use props
Nightreaver
lvl.1
South Korea

Yeah, no choise but sending it in.

Solving that issues is around 480$ if not fixed under warranty.
2018-2-18
Use props
fanscde86b90
lvl.1
Canada

DJI support told me that: Technically Gyro2 error is a hardware relating issue.Which means you motor specifically the ECS malfunction or not communiating with your aircraft affecting the Gyro sensor malfunction aswell for navigation and calibration.ESC its the motors internal system including the LED light status indicator for your aircraft, and its directly connected internally to your aircraft sensors for Gyro.Most likely it will end-up filing a repair request for we don't wanna waste time troubleshooting with 5% chances.
2018-4-20
Use props
Nightreaver
lvl.1
South Korea

Well sure, i guess it depends on the exact issue, and there is still the point if you are able to fix it on your own.
But I don't understand why onboard IMU should be connected to motors ECS, doesnt make sense to me though.

Anyways... if calibration/resetting/reformatting doesn't fix it, you'll have to send it in anyways.
2018-4-24
Use props
Mohinder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Belgium

What number this firmware is?
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules