1718 12 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Hello!

I think I discovered a bug : when modifying RTH location when drone is in flight ( setting RTH to drone position ) and then flying away the drone limits itself to max high 30m and max distance 30m.

My configuration :
- max high 120m , no max distance defined ( disabled )
- Flight with RC and OTG
- IOS DJI Go APP
- Latest update ( firmware and app )

Could anyone else do the check if it occurs for them? After restarting the drone the problem is solved.

Cheers!

AR
2017-8-28
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Time permitting I'll try and duplicate this test.  Clarify if I'm wrong, the use case is as follows:  After launching and setting home point, fly some distance away (say 500 feet), and reset home point at this new location, and test if there are any imposed flight restrictions.

I did a similar test already, but I was using home point of RC when I relocated.  I did not use home point of craft.  I will try home point of craft.
2017-8-28
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-28 07:50
Time permitting I'll try and duplicate this test.  Clarify if I'm wrong, the use case is as follows:  After launching and setting home point, fly some distance away (say 500 feet), and reset home point at this new location, and test if there are any imposed flight restrictions.

I did a similar test already, but I was using home point of RC when I relocated.  I did not use home point of craft.  I will try home point of craft.

That was what happened.

But I also switched battery...and there are many posts about issues when swapping batteries.
2017-8-28
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Arnor Posted at 2017-8-28 08:08
That was what happened.

But I also switched battery...and there are many posts about issues when swapping batteries.

Are you using only the drone and rc after the first battery swap (no phone/app)?  There seems to be a known "feature" where if the app is not connected to the drone on every startup, the drone's default behavior is restricted.

There MAY be a need to restart the app as well.
2017-8-28
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-28 08:26
Are you using only the drone and rc after the first battery swap (no phone/app)?  There seems to be a known "feature" where if the app is not connected to the drone on every startup, the drone's default behavior is restricted.

There MAY be a need to restart the app as well.

I used RC + App.

When drone was limited, I landed it, restarted only the drone and no more issue. I kept the RC and app on.
2017-8-28
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

Were you able to replicate the same errors without OTG?
2017-8-28
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I performed an experiment/test.  I ensured that I was not under flight restrictions, then I landed the craft and replaced the battery (I left everything else connected and running).  After starting the craft (and everything synced up), I set home point and flew again.  I was under no flight restrictions.  Thus I was unable to duplicate your results.  BUT...

I did another test, where I tried to fly around after a battery swap but not before I set a home point and not before the craft was able to set a home point (and it's tricky to do that).  I found that if the craft did not have a home point set, I was under flight restrictions.

I really wasn't able to test that use case very thoroughly, so I would not call it a "conclusion".  Just an observation that needs to be verified.  But I think the results are:  If the craft has no home point set, it will behave as though under flight restrictions.
2017-8-28
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-28 09:22
I performed an experiment/test.  I ensured that I was not under flight restrictions, then I landed the craft and replaced the battery (I left everything else connected and running).  After starting the craft (and everything synced up), I set home point and flew again.  I was under no flight restrictions.  Thus I was unable to duplicate your results.  BUT...

I did another test, where I tried to fly around after a battery swap but not before I set a home point and not before the craft was able to set a home point (and it's tricky to do that).  I found that if the craft did not have a home point set, I was under flight restrictions.

great feedback!
2017-8-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've really been unable to confirm this though.  The craft is tenacious about obtaining a home point.
2017-8-29
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

I think this is related to the Maximum Distance Reached bug that many have been experiencing.
I have experienced it both horizontally and vertically (maximum altitude).
2017-8-29
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

TranceMist Posted at 2017-8-29 05:31
I think this is related to the Maximum Distance Reached bug that many have been experiencing.
I have experienced it both horizontally and vertically (maximum altitude).

i think it's but here we try to find the root cause. Swapping batteries is not the only trigger.
2017-8-29
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

Arnor Posted at 2017-8-29 05:35
i think it's but here we try to find the root cause. Swapping batteries is not the only trigger.

Agree. File an SR with DJI Support. When they get enough of them they'll realize there's a problem.

http://www.dji.com/support/product
(see bottom of the page)
2017-8-29
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

TranceMist Posted at 2017-8-29 06:18
Agree. File an SR with DJI Support. When they get enough of them they'll realize there's a problem.

http://www.dji.com/support/product

Done, also contacted them via the chat :-)
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules