1688 10 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys.
Me and my friends often got no signal ~500m (with OTG).We always thought because DJI applied CE for Vietnam.But yesterday,DJI confirmed to me VN is FCC -->I should have the range ~2000m right?
What do you think could be the reason for short range?We ofter play in the city,could it be the wifi interference?
Screenshot_20170829-061846.png
2017-8-28
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

If you want to do an actual check of the regulatory domain of your RC and/or your Spark, you can go the following way :

Use a PC with a dual band (2.4/5.8) Wifi and boot it under Ubuntu Mate 16.04 (you'll find a how to here : https://ubuntu-mate.org/how-to-create-bootable-usb-drive/)

Once running under Linux, start your RC (Spark OFF) and connect to the RC wireless network from the Ubuntu machine. Once connected, In a terminal, type de command

iw reg get

that will display the regulatory domain of the RC.

Then you can do similar thing for the AC.
Turn your RC OFF. Turn Spark ON, press button for 6s (2 beeps) to delink it from RC. From the ubuntu machine, connect to the Spark SSID (you may have to first turn wifi off an on again).
Once connected, in a terminal issue the same iw reg get command.

On my system, my RC is set to US regdomain, but my Spark is set to FR

As far as I understands it, the Access Point drives the mode that client will use, so even if the Spark says FR when used in standalone (where it is the access point) it should stick to US when used with the RC. I have however no reliable ways to check that so far...

2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the position of the antennas for the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the picture below. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance. P4P_Controller_EN.gif
2017-9-2
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-2 23:07
Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the position of the antennas for the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the picture below. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance.[view_image]

Hi DJI Thor,
Thank you for your suggestion. I actually know a lot about engineering (as I am an mecha-tronics teacher in university), and I assure you everything is up to the book and follow strictly to DJI advice. So the antenna is always correct.
However, no matter where I try in Vietnam, the result is the same. Because you said OTG not supported, I use wifi only. I made sure I choose the least interference channel, and I always have ~500m for 2.4Ghz, and ~300 for 5.8Ghz. Can you please help to check with your engineers that did they un-intentionally mistake CE for Vietnam? If so, can you please ask them to enable FCC for Vietnam?
Thanks.
2017-9-3
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

HI Friend!

to know if you are in FCC, just watch how many channels you have on the 2.4ghz wifi

11 channels = FCC
13 channels = CE

I do not understand .... why this information to the call center DJI is not explained to us ... it is simple and straightforward ...
have a nice day

2017-9-3
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Lian82 Posted at 2017-9-3 00:17
HI Friend!

to know if you are in FCC, just watch how many channels you have on the 2.4ghz wifi

Hi, according to your explanation, I have 13 channels, then it should be CE in VN.
However, if you see my attached email above, DJI engineers confirmed they apply FCC to Vietnam....

\Now I am confused @@

Or your information is not correct...Or DJI engineers are not good at all.
2017-9-3
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-9-3 00:33
Hi, according to your explanation, I have 13 channels, then it should be CE in VN.
However, if you see my attached email above, DJI engineers confirmed they apply FCC to Vietnam....

you are in CE mode.

my information is correct.

I live in italy ... so CE, trust that FCC there are only 11 channels.

other information on google.
2017-9-3
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Lian82 Posted at 2017-9-3 00:39
you are in CE mode.

my information is correct.

Thanks, I also confirm your information is correct. Then I guess DJI gave me the false information... I just lost hope in DJI days by days...
Untitled.png
2017-9-3
Use props
PedramN
lvl.4
Iran

Hi, considering last comments, it seems that everywhere but US approached as CE. Is there anybody out of US that has 11 channels on 2.4Ghz?
2017-9-3
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lian82 Posted at 2017-9-3 00:17
HI Friend!

Strength and signal channel are 2 different things.

CE and FCC is based on the power output of the controller. This is governed by the GO app. The GO app decides based on your GPS what the controller outputs to. If DJI is not sure of the countries restriction, then it default to CE..

FCC is output is 1.0 and CE is 0.4 output.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-9-3 00:08
Hi DJI Thor,
Thank you for your suggestion. I actually know a lot about engineering (as I am an mecha-tronics teacher in university), and I assure you everything is up to the book and follow strictly to DJI advice. So the antenna is always correct.
However, no matter where I try in Vietnam, the result is the same. Because you said OTG not supported, I use wifi only. I made sure I choose the least interference channel, and I always have ~500m for 2.4Ghz, and ~300 for 5.8Ghz. Can you please help to check with your engineers that did they un-intentionally mistake CE for Vietnam? If so, can you please ask them to enable FCC for Vietnam?

I understand your situation now, Vietnam should work with FCC standard. The 11 and 13 that you mentioned below are the channels, we would not say that how many channels depend on the standard of an area. I suggest sending your flight data and records to our support team support@dji.com, we could try to evaluate it if it could be the hardware issue. Or sending the drone in to manage a range test. We would help to check. Appreciate your feedback.
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules