9597 53 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jose Ramos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 72825 ft
Portugal

El Diablo Posted at 2017-8-30 05:32
Could be... never happened to me before though... and why only on the way down and not ascending?

Perhaps wind increased while descending no?
2017-8-30
Use props
Ronald Teeburg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9708 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, I think i'm having the same problem. took this footage over the weekend
The Spark was 250m away. Flying with an RC, hard wired into my phone. Great conditions. No wind.
I used the rotation switch on the RC to move the gimbal from down to up..... so i just pushed the rotation switch all the way to the right, so it should rotated at an even speed, but the footage still seems jerky.
Is this something i need to correct in post? to be honest i don't even know how to do that!

thank you in advance for any advice

Theron
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is probably not the same issue. The image seems fine, but the motion is clearly not smooth.
Straight from sd card I assume?
2017-8-30
Use props
Ronald Teeburg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-30 13:27
This is probably not the same issue. The image seems fine, but the motion is clearly not smooth.
Straight from sd card I assume?

thanks for the reply. when you say 'straight from SD card'......do you mean is this footage taken straight off the SD card card? then yes. recorded direct on the micro sd card in the spark. have i got the frame rate wrong? is it down to the signal being weak? i remember that it was jerky whilst i was watching the live stream but just assumed that was a livestream issue and not that's how it was actually recording to the sd card. is there a way to check i've got the right SD card?

sorry, so many questions!
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ronald Teeburg Posted at 2017-8-30 13:49
thanks for the reply. when you say 'straight from SD card'......do you mean is this footage taken straight off the SD card card? then yes. recorded direct on the micro sd card in the spark. have i got the frame rate wrong? is it down to the signal being weak? i remember that it was jerky whilst i was watching the live stream but just assumed that was a livestream issue and not that's how it was actually recording to the sd card. is there a way to check i've got the right SD card?

sorry, so many questions!

I mean, did you take it straight from the SD card and not do any editing to the files before uploading?
I think so, but just to rule variables out.
Maybe the signal from the remote to the Spark is interrupted because of the distance (so it moves the gimbal little by little)
It's just a guess, I don't have a clear reason for this.
What happens if you try when the Spark is flying close to you?
2017-8-30
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jose Ramos Posted at 2017-8-30 03:40
Update: I flew on the exact same place yesterday, trying a different 32 and 64gb card (both Samsung Evo). It was windy at the beginning and very windy one hour after, with several high wind warnings on the Dji go app. Even though the Spark is awesome handling strong winds, it looks like the gimbal just can't keep up with them, specially for horizontal shakes, which the electronic stabilization can only compensate to a certain level.

Still, since this is the only Spark I've ever used, I'm still wondering if this is normal and expected behavior?

Confirmed with our engineer, it is a normal behavior in windy conditions, no worries, try to shot a video in a windless day, it should be better.
2017-8-31
Use props
Ronald Teeburg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-30 22:02
I mean, did you take it straight from the SD card and not do any editing to the files before uploading?
I think so, but just to rule variables out.
Maybe the signal from the remote to the Spark is interrupted because of the distance (so it moves the gimbal little by little)

Hi Montfrooji,

so yes, it's straight from the SD, no editing before uploading.

moments before i started that shot, i had a couple of 'rc lost connection' messages. So maybe i should have waited a few more seconds to establish a more stable connection.

so last night i sent it 100m straight up from my house and it started to do the same

i can give it a go close up tonight
2017-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Also one movement on the stick and gimbal dial?
Strange stutter indeed
2017-8-31
Use props
Ronald Teeburg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-31 13:07
Also one movement on the stick and gimbal dial?
Strange stutter indeed

Definitely one movement on the gimbal dial.
I think my thumb may have been a bit jerky on the stick as i was trying to find the sunset on the live feed, but for sure the on the gimbal there's definitely some lag.

2017-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would suggest contact DJI for that with a clear example shot close range (close to the remote).
They probably want your fly log also
2017-8-31
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am experiencing a similar issue. I thought it might be my ND filters so I removed them. No improvement. I thought it might be wind or props so I removed all three"variables" with no filter, wind or propellers installed and tested by setting it on a table in my home. Stable. The minute I hold it in my hand the gentlest of movement results in shudder of vertical features. Bummer.
2017-12-3
Use props
fansfdcc5ccf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233209 ft
Germany

Hi Jose Ramos,
after searching  threads about this issue, I´ve found yours.   I`ve got  the same vibrations in my videos. I`m using Spark for half a year now
and I saw the jitter last week for the first time. Spark has flown 120 km until now (no crash) and no jitter occured before.
For this reason I think in insn`t a proplem of EIS, probably a malfunction of the gimbal. (footage example:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh2460a1plz6mnk/2017-12-10_1.MP4?dl=0  )
You can see the original thread here:
https://sparkpilots.zone/threads/vibrations-in-video.3313/

Did you sent your Spark in for repair?
2017-12-17
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Jose Ramos Posted at 2017-8-30 05:13
The gorgeous Madeira Island! Would love to do some filming there!

I don't think an ND filter would aggravate this, as this seems to be mostly caused by electronic stabilization on the horizontal axis.

Just my opinion. But, as someone else mentioned, shooting video requires a lot of practice and smooth stick movement.
Here is what you might try. Dial down your gimbal speed real low. When you get to the area you want to shoot, go into "Tripod " mode. If it there is a ton of sun, use a ND 32 filter. If moderately sunny, use a ND 16 fliter. You might see some better results.
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules