Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
4G+ drone concept
1555 5 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Just imagine a drone with not a wifi connection , but a 4g and a 40 minutes battery maybe this is the near future but it sounds a very good idea to me ....Any comments welkome ...
2017-8-28
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

problem with 4G is the lag and also it takes a lot more power streaming via LTE signals..  i wouldn't mind having a 3G/GSM  system built in with a nano sim card for recovery purposes and tracking purposes.. that makes good sense, but modern day 4G cell signals are high latency for live streaming, lower latency for simpler work like packet testing and stuff...  also have to consider the amount of data that will consume..  spark's video stream is about 875KB/Sec spark -> RC- > Phone.  so 40 minutes of 875KB/Sec = 2GB per flight.
other issue is alot of deadspots...  where i fly sometiems is basically deadzone for most carriers...   and sometimes just better to have direct control..

ontop of that i think for size of the spark.. 20 minute battery is more reasonble...maybe 25 minutes..  even so.. still 1GB or more using 875KB/Sec for 20 minutes+
2017-8-28
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

There is a company that makes a 4g/LTE connected drone for professional work, I think more to do things like surveying or mapping than flying around in FPV.  can't remember the name right now though.  
2017-8-28
Use props
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

A crazy dude just did it....
2017-9-15
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-15 12:21
A crazy dude just did it....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Txyy7Xstms

It all cool that he can get the lights to blink, I'd like to see it fly.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your sharing and I think it is a creative idea to have 4G drone.
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules