Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO Mobile - Locked Gimbal Error
12922 27 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
friikadello
New
Norway

hello everyone

I took my DJi Mobile on vacations, used only once and I got this error next day

Please Unlock The Gimbal to Continue
or
Gimbal Locked. Rotate gimbal to unlock

I tried to rotate in all imaginable ways. Nothing helps. Restarts, recharge, updated firmware. The strangest thing is that everything about locked gimbal is related to regular Osmos not Mobile ...
Any suggestions ?

2017-8-29
Use props
fans11b875a1
New
Philippines

I have the same issue, it was working fine until ive upgraded to the recent firmware version. the gimbal is just dead and not working.. yellow light is flashing...
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Friikadello, this issue will occur when you failed to balance the gimal properly before powering on.
Does this issue still persists? Have you tried another mobile device?
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans11b875a1 Posted at 2017-8-30 23:14
I have the same issue, it was working fine until ive upgraded to the recent firmware version. the gimbal is just dead and not working.. yellow light is flashing...

Yellow light keeps flashing means the gimbal is not functioning normally, have you balanced it well? Will one gimbal motor get extremely hot than the other two?
2017-8-31
Use props
fansd19d2ffd
New

Italy

I have the same problem, does any one found a solution?
2017-8-31
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 00:31
Yellow light keeps flashing means the gimbal is not functioning normally, have you balanced it well? Will one gimbal motor get extremely hot than the other two?

I have the same problem, does any one found a solution? iPhone 6s
2017-9-1
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

PAGR_FARO
Beginner

Romania

6#
View full quote

2017-9-1
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

2017-9-1
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

2017-9-1
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 00:23
Friikadello, this issue will occur when you failed to balance the gimal properly before powering on.

2017-9-1
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PAGR_FARO Posted at 2017-9-1 03:27

Can you please reply my question on 4# firstly?
2017-9-1
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

yes, in Android e same problem
Problems detected and aggravated after APP / Firmware update (DJI GO 3.1.15 2017/08/25; Firmware V1.6.0.80 2017/06/05):
IPhone 6s
- Loss of connection between OSMO / iPhone
- Poor stabilization or zero
- Films in LapsTime but does not record in memory. It only records 01 second.

2017-9-1
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-1 04:35

Problems detected and aggravated after APP / Firmware update (DJI GO 3.1.15 2017/08/25; Firmware V1.6.0.80 2017/06/05):
IPhone 6s
- Loss of connection between OSMO / iPhone
- Poor stabilization or zero
- Films in LapsTime but does not record in memory. It only records 01 second.

2017-9-1
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

I reset the iPhone 6s. I reset the OSMO MOBILE. I did resest in the DJI Application. Problems continue! 1º Does not complete the automatic stabilization. 2º loses connectivity between OSMO MOBILE and iPhone 6s. 3º Films in Time Laps for 10 minutes / 5/15 but only records in memory 01 seconds. Both OSMO MOBILE and the DJI App are up to date, as is the iPhone 6s. Made experiences with Android system and have the same problems. Shipped to arrangement on 09/09/2017 by UPS. Disappointed with OSMO MOBILE. Thank you for your attention. Paulo Ribeiro
2017-9-5
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

I reset the iPhone 6s.
I reset the OSMO MOBILE.
I did resest in the DJI Application.
Problems continue!
1º Does not complete the automatic stabilization.
2º loses connectivity between OSMO MOBILE and iPhone 6s.
3º Films in Time Laps for 10 minutes / 5/15 but only records in memory 01 seconds.
Both OSMO MOBILE and the DJI App are up to date, as is the iPhone 6s. Made experiences with Android system and have the same problems.
Shipped to arrangement on 09/09/2017 by UPS.
Disappointed with OSMO MOBILE.
Thank you for your attention.
Paulo Ribeiro
2017-9-5
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

I reset the iPhone 6s.
I reset the OSMO MOBILE.
Problems continue!
3º Films in Time Laps for 10 minutes / 5/15 but only records in memory 01 seconds.
Both OSMO MOBILE and the DJI App are up to date, as is the iPhone 6s. Made experiences with Android system and have the same problems.
Paulo Ribeiro
2017-9-5
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

I reset the iPhone 6s.
I reset the OSMO MOBILE.
Problems continue!
Paulo Ribeiro
2017-9-5
Use props
PAGR_FARO
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-1 04:35

I reset the iPhone 6s.
I reset the OSMO MOBILE.
Problems continue!
Paulo Ribeiro
2017-9-5
Use props
friikadello
New
Norway

Hi Mindy! I understand that Osmo needs balancing before so it doesn'toverload motors but it just suddenly stopped working and i tried different configurations with phone with/without case and friends smaller phone I still have the same issue. I tried to power it on and tried to feel any heat from motor, negative. None of motors doesn't emit any heat, it could be regarding that it doesn't even try to do anything my phone is just hanging there "balancedly"
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PAGR_FARO Posted at 2017-9-5 07:27
I reset the iPhone 6s.
I reset the OSMO MOBILE.

Please stop posting in every thread, please keep us updated in your own thread, we will follow up, thanks.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

friikadello Posted at 2017-9-5 08:19
Hi Mindy! I understand that Osmo needs balancing before so it doesn'toverload motors but it just suddenly stopped working and i tried different configurations with phone with/without case and friends smaller phone I still have the same issue. I tried to power it on and tried to feel any heat from motor, negative. None of motors doesn't emit any heat, it could be regarding that it doesn't even try to do anything my phone is just hanging there "balancedly"

Can you enter APP interface to turn off the ''Mobile device check'' in gimbal settings? Well I guess not.
Then please take a short video about the balancing process and error message, I will report to our engineers for further suggestion, thank you.
2017-9-6
Use props
fans43ec2df1
Flight distance : 619741 ft
Sweden

PAGR_FARO Posted at 2017-9-1 03:25

Just bought the damn thing. Didi exactly step by step as described in manual and tutorial videos.
Worked for maximun 1min then Gimbal is not responding. Press to times on trigger sometimes get message gumbal is in sleep mode??? How long does in have to sleep?
Is it broken or what did i miss?

Will send it back if nothing helps... sorry that you made the product seem like a dream for mobile recording, but instead i cant even film a straight shot?
Zoom works all other exept joystick and balance. So why.
Tried to callibrate Gumball but after 2 houers still att zero % i gave up. Two days now cant find eny reasonable solution.

Use Iphone 7+ black is that the problem?

/Adam
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans43ec2df1 Posted at 2017-9-15 09:11
Just bought the damn thing. Didi exactly step by step as described in manual and tutorial videos.
Worked for maximun 1min then Gimbal is not responding. Press to times on trigger sometimes get message gumbal is in sleep mode??? How long does in have to sleep?
Is it broken or what did i miss?

When you turn off the osmo mobile, did the gimbal balanced your phone well?
What color was the left indicator? Was it blue?
Please try to change a mobile device and balance your gimbal again and see if it works.
2017-9-15
Use props
fans43ec2df1
Flight distance : 619741 ft
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-15 19:28
When you turn off the osmo mobile, did the gimbal balanced your phone well?
What color was the left indicator? Was it blue?
Please try to change a mobile device and balance your gimbal again and see if it works.

Everyting whent fine throug the tutorial... next time i turned it on same procedure right light solid green, left light solid blue. Pictures film reverse cam zoom everything works except gimbal or engine.
Done everything I could find on the internet and all forums.
Now right light solid red and I press trigger and stutter 3 times I get green slowly yellow light. Still no movement or stability.  Used app to exactly balance iPhone 100% accurate. So what happens.
What to reinstall firmware but get rejected after 50% and calibrate gimbal 0% after 15minutes I turn of.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans43ec2df1 Posted at 2017-9-17 04:51
Everyting whent fine throug the tutorial... next time i turned it on same procedure right light solid green, left light solid blue. Pictures film reverse cam zoom everything works except gimbal or engine.
Done everything I could find on the internet and all forums.
Now right light solid red and I press trigger and stutter 3 times I get green slowly yellow light. Still no movement or stability.  Used app to exactly balance iPhone 100% accurate. So what happens.

If you try all recommended solutions and your gimbal still work abnormal. Please contact our support and send your osmo mobile back for check.
Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-17
Use props
fansa0ba2d70
lvl.1
Germany

I have exactly the same issue.
It worked fine for some time. Now When I switch it on (Balanced with my phone perfectly) it tilts, then rotates and hits the end of the rotation possiblity. Then the motors are set free and the light blinks yellow.
Newest Firmware, Phone detection sensor sticked with a tape, Phone detection off.
Reset, Firmware update, nothing helps.
2018-2-22
Use props
Bob Fielder
New
United States

This worked for me, but you're not going to like it. The pitch and roll motors were working fine, but the tilt motor was "stuck." Meaning, with the power off, I could manually rotate it, but it was extremely stiff. I think this was causing the gimbal locked error. I simply manually rotated the arm in both directions until I hit the mechanical stops. After that, it worked just fine. I'm sure that any DJI Techs reading this are cringing right now... But, hey, it was a paperweight, so what did I have to lose? :-)
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules