2283 14 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3441542 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have a problem with the app dji go 4 compass, after a flying time the  compass hangs to unlock it I have to close and reopen the app

ver. 4.1.7
ipad mini 4
2017-8-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

More information please.
Which compass is giving the problem.
What does it do?
2017-8-29
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

This compass
IMG_1015.PNG
2017-8-29
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

WIRING THE DEVICE THE COMPASS REMAINED BLOCKED
2017-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guido Merelli Posted at 2017-8-29 08:20
WIRING THE DEVICE THE COMPASS REMAINED BLOCKED

That's referred to as the 'Radar' not the compass. But North on the radar should always point North

Perhaps the compass on the display device needs calibrating (which does sometimes need done, although very rarely) ?
2017-8-29
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-29 08:37
That's referred to as the 'Radar' not the compass. But North on the radar should always point North

Perhaps the compass on the display device needs calibrating (which does sometimes need done, although very rarely) ?

Aardvark
That's the first I've heard about that, "display device" having a compass or more specifically that it may need calibrating.   Where is that written?  How does one go about calibrating it?
Thanks
2017-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-29 08:52
Aardvark
That's the first I've heard about that, "display device" having a compass or more specifically that it may need calibrating.   Where is that written?  How does one go about calibrating it?
Thanks

You'd have to research that for whichever device you were using, but I believe generally walking in a figure of eight pattern should sort out compass calibration on most.

For example there are lots of compass applications for iOS devices, they need to get the information from somewhere as to which direction they are pointing, and that somewhere just happens to be a magnetometer, there's a good explanation Here
2017-8-29
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-29 09:28
You'd have to research that for whichever device you were using, but I believe generally walking in a figure of eight pattern should sort out compass calibration on most.

For example there are lots of compass applications for iOS devices, they need to get the information from somewhere as to which direction they are pointing, and that somewhere just happens to be a magnetometer, there's a good explanation Here

OH, stupid me...
You are talking about a cellphone or tablet's compass, correct?  I was thinking something different.  So, the app uses that info as well to provide you info on it, ok.  Yeah then you'd have to calibrate it based on that devices procedures, which I have no idea about, it's never been an issue and hopefully it will stay that way.  I don't rely on my electronics for the simple stuff, when it comes to compasses I'm in the stone age, I actually use a compass...Thanks for clearing that up!
2017-8-29
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

The problem is not radar accuracy or the north radar locks after a little flying, i need to close and reopen the app then it works, does not center the calibration
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with Aardvark. Calibrate the compass of mobile device will be helpful, just have a try.
2017-8-29
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

The problem is not the compass of the device on the map the direction of the drone is perfect is just the radar that stops, if i turn myself 360 degrees the radar stays what i should not
2017-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guido Merelli Posted at 2017-8-29 23:44
The problem is not the compass of the device on the map the direction of the drone is perfect is just the radar that stops, if i turn myself 360 degrees the radar stays what i should not

I'm thinking that when the radar stops working (when it stops moving) that may be an indication that compass calibration on display needs doing. But maybe not.
You could always try deleting DJI Go 4 and reinstall it.
2017-8-29
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

The problem arises after the latest app update
2017-8-30
Use props
fans88402f11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1175535 ft
Italy

same problem for me with mavic pro + ipad mini 4, after upgrading to firmware 1000 and updating app dji go to 4.1.9 the radar has stopped running properly.
Does not follow rotation of rc / tablet.
I've tried using a compass app at the same time and this works perfectly.
Also, by unlocking the map orientation at the bottom right of dji go, this in general (but not always) follows the rotation of the rc / tablet orientation.
2017-9-12
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

now i try with new app update and ios11
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now