649 4 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FireSphynx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175151 ft
United Kingdom

Hello friends.

I'm looking for advice. I am planing to film lighthouse sooon. Like to film a POI all around it. The thing is that all cameras are not suggested to point towards the bright lights, lasers etc so before doing something stupid I wanted to check with someone of you who already did such things in past. If you film working lighthouse and the beam hits the camera can it potentially burn or damage in any way the Mavic Pro camera sensor??

Long time in the past I did film festival when the laser did hit my 5D mk3 which resulted in burned stripe in the middle of my sensor and repair did cost 700Euro I do not want something similar to happen again.

2017-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would say that beam contains far too little energy to do damage to a sensor.
The lasers used on most festivals however have really focused high energy beams and will destroy your sensor in seconds.

But I'm not a physicist and could not find any proof of concept online.
2017-8-29
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

I think the lights will be okay, not strong enough to do damage but I'm not aware of any lighthouses using lasers at all.
2017-8-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Plenty of lighthouses already online in videos.  I sure wouldn't worry about it.  It won't hurt your eyes, so it shouldn't hurt your camera.
2017-8-29
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-8-29 09:13
Plenty of lighthouses already online in videos.  I sure wouldn't worry about it.  It won't hurt your eyes, so it shouldn't hurt your camera.

Filmed many no problems at all
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules