New Issue: Maximum heigt 8 meters and Forward Stick doesn't work
1538 33 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

The truth is that currently I panic to fly the drone due to all the problems I am reading from other users: I think that at any time the drone will take off and never come back again...

Today's problem has been:

Take off, everything ok. Car tracking (less than 10 km hour), I lift the drone higher to have a higher view, the drone loses tracking, I change to normal control, prompt maximum height  reached error (Only 8 meters heigt), and then when I intend to return it to me the "forward" stick of the RC does not work, I mean the drone does not respond to the RC. Luckily I had it nearby and I was able to control it with the other directions, which did work.

I just imagine what would happen if a direction Stick stops working when the drone is several meters away, and I do not have a good visualization to control it. A disaster...

Please DJI, I need instructions to download and send the flight logs so that you can review all the errors that the drone has suffered, since I do not know how to do that.

thank you very much.

2017-8-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Did it (stick) work backwards?
Maybe it "saw" something in front?
How clean is your sensor area?
2017-8-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had similar functionality, but not at 8 meters.  If I use the DJI Goggles (and I don't connect to the app first), I'm in flight limitations, where I cannot fly beyond some distance (forward stops working, even backward would fail if I were facing it towards me).  Also, I've had some evidence (been difficult to verify) that if I fly without a home point set, I also am under the same flight restrictions (even if I'm flying from the app).  This one is very hard for me to confirm, because the spark itself wants to set a home point, and most of my attempts (launch and fly away immediately) result in the spark auto-setting a home point during the maneuver.

But again, in every one of my cases, I've never faced an 8 meter limit.
2017-8-29
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Nothing in front, only clear sky. Sensors very clean. First time 8 meters maximum height error.
2017-8-29
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had the same when i had the old firmware
Did you update to .600 fw?
2017-8-29
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Everything last update.
2017-8-29
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you change the homepoint during this flight?
2017-8-29
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you have these messages. In also was in active track,than the drone lost me. In changed homepoint to controller , but drone got confused
IMG_1694.PNG
2017-8-29
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I was only 30 meters away from drone, but it says suddenly 7500 meters or so. But this was with the previous fw
2017-8-29
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Fans I didn't change homepoint, and yes I had a message like that, and Forward stick (only forward) didn't respond.

How do you print your screen like that, with all the parameters and drone route?
2017-8-29
Use props
roberteb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131417 ft
Netherlands

Flightrecord in your app and you can make screenshot.. you can reply your flight (and see message and stick movement)

If you tap on the RC icoon, you can also see you stick movement
2017-8-29
Use props
roberteb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131417 ft
Netherlands

FR.jpg
2017-8-29
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Roberteb thanks! I've just flight 2 batteries without any issue, up to 80 meters high and 60 meters far away. Well, actually I have had bad image transmission from 50 meters away. I was flying wit OTG, no bluetooth or wifi around, just a desert beautiful beach in croacia and us. What do you think about bad image transmission? Should I connect iphone to RC via wifi?
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Please notice the message from the app and give us the screenshot. How about the GPS signal there? Please try to connect your devices via wifi and see if it can work well.
Flying with OTG is not tested and not recommended.
2017-8-30
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-30 02:58
Please notice the message from the app and give us the screenshot. How about the GPS signal there? Please try to connect your devices via wifi and see if it can work well.
Flying with OTG is not tested and not recommended.

Hi Elektra, I didn't see any message in the app while flying, just bad image reception even lag or quick lost image. The GPS signal is good, about 13 satellites. I will try connecting devices via wifi. What kind of screenshot do you want to see?
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Nemroig Posted at 2017-8-30 03:04
Hi Elektra, I didn't see any message in the app while flying, just bad image reception even lag or quick lost image. The GPS signal is good, about 13 satellites. I will try connecting devices via wifi. What kind of screenshot do you want to see?

Can you provide us the video which you filmed at that time? You can also upload your flight data to DropBox and share the link here.  
2017-8-30
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-30 03:10
Can you provide us the video which you filmed at that time? You can also upload your flight data to DropBox and share the link here.

Ok I'll try later. The thing is that the final video is ok, but the video signal is often lost when the drone is away.
2017-8-30
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-30 03:10

Here the screenshots when I lost image transmission. As you can see, wifi signal was very weak. Then I changed to 2.4hz (choosing an available channel) and the result was the error message "30 meters maximum heigh and distance", even rebooting AC and App.

I'm using an Iphone 6. Bluetooth off.

Here, those flights logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsqo13 ... 0-34-41%5D.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjnjqt ... 0-39-15%5D.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5h2gbn ... 0-43-19%5D.txt?dl=0

I have seen that there is no error message when video transmission is weak or lost.

Just let me know if you need more files or information.

Thanks.
2017-9-1
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Here the pics
IMG_4034.PNG
IMG_4035.PNG
2017-9-1
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Here we can see the wifi signal very weak, even with AC very close to me. I was using only App here, no RC. Could it be a hardware problem with AC wifi antenna?
IMG_4045.PNG
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nemroig Posted at 2017-9-2 00:16
Here we can see the wifi signal very weak, even with AC very close to me. I was using only App here, no RC. Could it be a hardware problem with AC wifi antenna?

Nemroig, here is the solutions:
1.Did you reboot your app,drone and see if your wifi works well again?
2.Please change a mobile device
3.Change your channel to 2.4G
4.Check your environment, any interference?
Please keep us updated, thanks.
2017-9-4
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Elektra, I reboot app and drone every time I fly. Only used an iphone 6 all times, I don't have another device but I assume this is a good enough one, isn't it?. As I said, I tested with 2,4 and 5,8 G, with Rc and only app, many times. The result is the same: Bad image transmission and lost transmision. I understand it in some places where could be interferences, but I think this is not normal in a  long and lonely beach. What else can I do? Thanks for your help.  
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Nemroig Posted at 2017-9-4 03:52
Elektra, I reboot app and drone every time I fly. Only used an iphone 6 all times, I don't have another device but I assume this is a good enough one, isn't it?. As I said, I tested with 2,4 and 5,8 G, with Rc and only app, many times. The result is the same: Bad image transmission and lost transmision. I understand it in some places where could be interferences, but I think this is not normal in a  long and lonely beach. What else can I do? Thanks for your help.

In this case, please wait for the analysis of the flight data. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-4
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Ok, I'm sending you the complete flight logs today, and lets see what you find out. Thanks
2017-9-5
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Croatia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-4 23:00
In this case, please wait for the analysis of the flight data. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Elektra. Have you seen the logs and videos I sent to you?
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Nemroig Posted at 2017-9-7 05:39

Sorry for the late respond. I had forwarded it to our engineers. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-8
Use props
bytemann
lvl.1
Germany

When the AC is in very close vicinity but at at a high position (in the case of your first figure), make sure you let the wide facet of the RC antenna faces the AC.

2017-9-8
Use props
Connor-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202549 ft
United Kingdom

Nemroig Posted at 2017-9-2 00:16

Was Bluetooth on, this causes issues for sure? also near any large metal objects?  Air Conditioning box etc caused me great issues once!
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nemroig Posted at 2017-9-7 05:39

Nemroig, please try to spread out your palm and put your spark on your hand to keep the drone level. There is a chance that it tilted because you hold it wrong.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Nemroig Posted at 2017-9-5 05:16
Ok, I'm sending you the complete flight logs today, and lets see what you find out. Thanks

About maximum height, based on the  data, your spark were in atti mode, please try in a wide place with good GPS signal.
Just to verify, did you fly toward sunshine and it may have a bad influence on vision system.
2017-9-8
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-8 02:19
Nemroig, please try to spread out your palm and put your spark on your hand to keep the drone level. There is a chance that it tilted because you hold it wrong.

Maybe I held the AC too strong, and thats why it behaved strangely when taking off. I will be attentive to this and keep you informed.

Thank you very much.
2017-9-12
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Connor-UK Posted at 2017-9-8 02:21
Was Bluetooth on, this causes issues for sure? also near any large metal objects?  Air Conditioning box etc caused me great issues once!

I always switch my mobile to airplane mode, with only wifi. I do it with my iwatch too, and even ask my friends (if their are close to me) to do the same with their devices They think I'm **** crazy.
2017-9-13
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

bytemann Posted at 2017-9-8 01:24
When the AC is in very close vicinity but at at a high position (in the case of your first figure), make sure you let the wide facet of the RC antenna faces the AC.

I was not doing very well with the antennas position. Now I've seen the tutorials and tried a lot. The results are a bit better, but no so much. Thanks
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Nemroig Posted at 2017-9-12 23:58
Maybe I held the AC too strong, and thats why it behaved strangely when taking off. I will be attentive to this and keep you informed.

Thank you very much.

You are welcome. Please keep me updated if you have more questions.
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules