4K @ 24fps Phantom 4 PRO
1778 7 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyticlus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322684 ft
Belgium

This is the first time i tryed the phantom 4 pro, this is a little preview of shooting in 4K @ 24fps

I'm pretty happy with the end result, The images taken with the Phantom 4 pro are pretty sweet as well. for those check my IG ( follow me =D )  

https://www.instagram.com/dronedisaster/

21147860_272819289887742_198517417100443648_n.jpg

2017-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shot!
Is it me, or is your horizon not level? (video)
2017-8-29
Use props
skyticlus
lvl.4
Belgium

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-29 11:27
Nice shot!
Is it me, or is your horizon not level? (video)

didn't notice that about the horizon until now that you mention it, I will take a look, maybe I need to adjust the settings a little? I thought the gimbal adjusts automatic.
2017-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't own a drone yet, but from what I've read you can calibrate it on some models.
But you can also correct it in the app (as far as I know).

I am still saving money and trying to decide which model is best for me.
2017-8-29
Use props
skyticlus
lvl.4
Belgium

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-29 11:53
I don't own a drone yet, but from what I've read you can calibrate it on some models.
But you can also correct it in the app (as far as I know).

For someone that doesn't fly and doesn't have a drone, you have one hell of an eye for detail. I'm gonna take a look at the gimbal tomorrow, you can adjust the settings through the app, however the device is also not updated, since its new and I did read on the forum lots of negative reviews about the latest update release. I'm gonna wait a little longer
2017-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

skyticlus Posted at 2017-8-29 12:03
For someone that doesn't fly and doesn't have a drone, you have one hell of an eye for detail. I'm gonna take a look at the gimbal tomorrow, you can adjust the settings through the app, however the device is also not updated, since its new and I did read on the forum lots of negative reviews about the latest update release. I'm gonna wait a little longer

I do like to investigate bigger purchases like this before buying, but only a matter of time before I will fly.
The only thing might be the Dutch government, they can really ruin the party here if they decide to further ban drone flying..
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The video looks great! Thanks for sharing with us.

As for the horizon, please keep an eye of gimbal level once powered on. Also, you can do gimbal calibration in APP.
2017-8-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyticlus Posted at 2017-8-29 12:03

Aloha skyticlus,

The real test for any 24 FPS video is a rotation.  The flicker rate of the human eye is 25 frames per second.  The Cinematic effect of 24 FPS is expressed in a jerky rotation reminiscent of old, classic movies.  The jerky motion is due to the lost frame of the frame rate.

Maybe I have this all wrong, but I would love to be corrected.  I prefer smooth rotations so we can see the extreme detail in a 4K video.  Maybe you can do another test at the 24 FPS setting that includes a slow rotation or maybe you can determine how slow the rotation has to be to provide a smooth video of the rotation.

I can see where 24 FPS can be used for a video effect tool.  Sometimes you need the effect I noted above.  Shooting at 30 FPS (or 29 FPS) is real good for smooth rotations.  Some of the videographers on this forum do really good work and are better versed than I am on this subject.

Keep working at it.  Despite what I said, it really was a good video clip.  I love that 4K.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules