How do I record without connecting to the app?
2899 5 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AbqDunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

without connecting to the app?

hello, I am trying to record on my Osmo without connecting to the app. I turn it on, hit the record button, it sounds like it's recording but when I look on the microSD card there is nothing there. Is there a way to record video without connecting to my phone app?
2017-8-29
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I do that exact same thing - I connect via the app - change resolution/settings. Disconnect and film.  No problems whatsoever.  You don't need the phone to record, just make sure you hit the record button and not the photo.  Also, format your card from within the app first.
2017-8-29
Use props
AbqDunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hmmm. I'll have to try to it in a sec. iv used this card before. I turn osmo on and hit record(not photo). Nothing recording on card
2017-8-29
Use props
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

I do it all the time, ive used it with the app to select the settings i want but then i just record "blind" like a GoPro. works everytime.. maybe its a firmware issue?
2017-8-30
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

I try to remember to leave the camera in auto for video and still when I finish up..... then if I need a quick shot I can just grab and shoot. Not perfect but better than missing a shot while you connect the phone, wi-fi etc. Always worked well. What happens when you connect the phone and use the app? If it works that way it should work without it too....
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AbqDunn, will the left indicator blink red slowly when you hit record button? Can you hear the sound which means the Osmo begins to record? Please format or change SD card to have a try. Thanks.
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules