86567 388 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why don’t people read the full announcement? YES THE NEW PROPS WORK WITH THE MAVIC PRO!

Like the refresh,  it’s not enough  to tempt me to invest mind. Would be interested in the new props though if that will help reduce the dB level even if it’s minimal. They do look cool as well! Shame I have about 4 brand new spare pairs already! Any takers?!
2017-8-31
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

Getting the new props for sure! I saw a video comparing the regular props with a carbon fibre prop and there was NO difference in weight or noise, which it claimed it would make these differences. I'm on the reminder list when they get more in stock!
2017-8-31
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Cebrady17 Posted at 2017-8-31 07:21
Are you able to use the new Props on a standard Mavic Pro? Will this increase flight time and provide quieter flight for the standard Pro?

have you just read the post??
question nuber 2 :" Can I use the Mavic Pro Platinum battery/props/rc in my Mavic Pro?
Yes, you can.

Soo exited to try the new blades!!!!!
2017-8-31
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-8-31 10:15
If the new battery and the new props do the job ( noise reduction, more flight time ) = $99 , then Why the Platinum body and the RC = $ 1000?

Logically, the price of $ 1,099 is for Mavic pro set + new platinum battery + new platinum props!

It's not the battery that is different but the ESC controlling the motor.... so same battery as the Mavic Pro
2017-8-31
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

welcome  to new world
2017-8-31
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

Landjet Posted at 2017-8-31 08:19
Just wondering about the flight time difference with the props on a Pro.  Does the Platinum have different motors, a little lighter or just  what prevents the Pro from achieving the same performance?

I think that maybe even the new blade helps to reach the claimed 30 min flight time so maybe, apart from the noise reduction, we can see some very small small small improvements in flight time using the new blade on the "old" Mavic Pro....
2017-8-31
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-8-31 10:54
Why don’t people read the full announcement? YES THE NEW PROPS WORK WITH THE MAVIC PLATINUM!

Like the refresh,  it’s not enough  to tempt me to invest mind. Would be interested in the new props though if that will help reduce the dB level even if it’s minimal. They do look cool as well! Shame I have about 4 brand new spare pairs already! Any takers?!

I should hope so since the new props come with the Platinum!
2017-8-31
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's my understanding that the battery is slightly different as well.
2017-8-31
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

mixmaven Posted at 2017-8-31 07:28
Why that question isn't in the FAQ or wasn't anticipated...    Let's hope the props fit and we get quieter flights on the Mavic Pro but probably not as large of a boost in flight time since the Platinum has different ESC's.

FAQ 3:  Can I use the Mavic Pro Platinum battery/props/RC in my Mavic Pro?
Answer:  Yes, you can.
2017-8-31
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Looks like some good improvements.  It might be worth getting the Platinum batteries and props for the Pro.  Not too keen on the platinum color, however.  I imagine the Platinum would be harder to see at a distance.
2017-8-31
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Any new flight mode on the platinum? If so, can MP utilized it?
2017-8-31
Use props
Repaid1
lvl.3
United States

I think one big difference which DJI has not stated here but the Propulsion Guru for DJI (Dr. Turbo) has confirmed on RCG is that the new Platinum version along with what was mentioned, now indeed does have a usable 1080 60FPS. So they have changed the hardware somewhere to get rid of the Binning and gave the most requested feature since the MP was debuted.Many didn't buy the Mavic because of this limitation, wheter it is worth upgrading is up to you, but on all my other DJI products I use 1080 60 exclusively.
2017-8-31
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Repaid1 Posted at 2017-8-31 11:46
I think one big difference which DJI has not stated here but the Propulsion Guru for DJI (Dr. Turbo) has confirmed on RCG is that the new Platinum version along with what was mentioned, now indeed does have a usable 1080 60FPS. So they have changed the hardware somewhere to get rid of the Binning and gave the most requested feature since the MP was debuted.Many didn't buy the Mavic because of this limitation, wheter it is worth upgrading is up to you, but on all my other DJI products I use 1080 60 exclusively.

Now why wouldn't they announce that?  Seems like a glaringly big omission?  
2017-8-31
Use props
bauskr4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2474 ft
Italy

Hi all! I'm newbie to drones and i'm really motivated to to buy my first drone here from dji!
I'm looking for mavic pro platinum because i really like noise reduction but it is already "out of stock". When do you think it will be avaiable again?

Actually i don't understand anything about props, battery, RC, drones in general etc. and i'm going to learn about all in these days nevertheless i'd want to ask you a question:

Shoud i wait to buy this new drone or can i just buy the previus model mavic pro and then upgrade it for noise reduction, somehow? I won't know if i'm able to upgrade it and how difficult it can be to do so...

Any advices?

thank you in advance for answering me
2017-8-31
Use props
Rol
First Officer

United States

Nice, you covered most of my questions right from the start!
2017-8-31
Use props
Rol
First Officer

United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-8-31 10:21
Hey they should give us forum members a nice sizable discount ? come on moderators ?

Trade in program?
2017-8-31
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Based on the small changes, I certainly wouldn't upgrade...except that my MP was stolen a few weeks ago. So, @DJI Joe, do we have a stock date and, ideally a waiting list we can get on so that we've got a number in the queue?
2017-8-31
Use props
Aboveclouds
Second Officer
Spain

They should have made the mavic pro 100$ cheaper instead of 100 more for the platinum
2017-8-31
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

People keep asking is the battery interchangeable............

Surely the battery is identical.

The ONLY thing that has changed is the ESC's and the prop design. Is that correct? Oh.............and............that............colour.
2017-8-31
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Do people even raead the post before asking a questuion like "Are you able to use the new Props on a standard Mavic Pro? " when it says "Can I use the Mavic Pro Platinum battery/props/RC in my Mavic Pro?    Yes, you can."  OK the rest of the question isnlt answered but its pretty obvious.
2017-8-31
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-8-31 11:33
Any new flight mode on the platinum? If so, can MP utilized it?

You can click on compare between the pro and the platinum. No difference in flight modes. All I see is the flight time, color, and noise.
2017-8-31
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Jinjur Posted at 2017-8-31 13:08
People keep asking is the battery interchangeable............

Surely the battery is identical.

And noise....
2017-8-31
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

With all respect,....this update can hardly be called an upgrade and to launche it on a "new" product?

I'll  buy the new blades,...and they can keep the extra flight minutes.
Do i now own a Mavic Pro Platinum Light?
2017-8-31
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Somewhat annoying since I only just bought my Mavic Pro - hey ho - always thew way
2017-8-31
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

When will we be able to place an order for the Mavic Pro Platinum, Fly More Combo? - The web site won't take an order saying "Out Of Stock" - Looking forward to it - Thanks
2017-8-31
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Can a moderator confirm if there is actually a new battery higher mAh? 4100? 4200? Or is it the same exact battery from the mavic pro?
2017-8-31
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You are all get it wrong. The new Platinum is not for you all who currently own a Mavic. The current Mavic is discontinued and will last with current stock. Similar to Phantom 4 that you can hardly get one. So if you damage out of warranty Mavic and still love it you can get the new Paltinum and use all previous Mavic accessories.
2017-8-31
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Repaid1 Posted at 2017-8-31 11:46

Usable 60fps and 90fps is worth the upgrade. I am so peeved that DJI chose to pixel bin and omitted that information in the Pro only editions.
2017-8-31
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-31 14:41
You are all get it wrong. The new Platinum is not for you all who currently own a Mavic. The current Mavic is discontinued and will last with current stock. Similar to Phantom 4 that you can hardly get one. So if you damage out of warranty Mavic and still love it you can get the new Paltinum and use all previous Mavic accessories.

I agree, the Platinum is for new customers. They have to continue to make changes, no matter how insgnificant they are for some.

The silence from DJI on the hardware changes for the 1080/60 issue suggests to me that there will be no fix for the Mavic Pro.
2017-8-31
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

I just want my current Mavic to work! It doesn't.  As for color, make it reflective, something that doesn't absorb heat.
2017-8-31
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yep, looks like just a sort of Q-tip prop design - that's it.  
2017-8-31
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Zamboon Posted at 2017-8-31 08:31
Wonder where they have all gone…. Sold out already!

Weird!  Are they ever even open for sales?  Or just directly go to sold out status?
Anyway a new colour, props and ESC for $100 extra!  Thanks I pass!
2017-8-31
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-31 08:47
Manufacturers have to produce something new to catch new customers, even when they already own the old model.
Look at the iPhone, people have been rushing out for years to buy "old wine in new bottles".
This strategy may also work for DJI with the Mavic Pro Platinum.

Yeah... but not with $100 more of such tiny little uplift.
2017-8-31
Use props
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mcflying Posted at 2017-8-31 13:26
With all respect,....this update can hardly be called an upgrade and to launche it on a "new" product?

I'll  buy the new blades,...and they can keep the extra flight minutes.

I agree. I expected a major upgrade or the P5 by now. Maybe there has been a delay?
2017-8-31
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

From prop design
2017-8-31
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-31 14:19
Can a moderator confirm if there is actually a new battery higher mAh? 4100? 4200? Or is it the same exact battery from the mavic pro?

Dude.....
http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... ht-battery-platinum
2017-8-31
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Reduction of 4 dB in noise indeed cut about 60% of sound energy in term of physics. However, when this 4 dB(A) reduction translate to human perception of sound loudness, it is another story. So I expect the noise reduction is noticeable but not a huge reduction.
2017-8-31
Use props
Jumbo333
lvl.2
Flight distance : 797930 ft
France

The new battery is probably with a painted color, more flimsy...
2017-9-1
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Any chance of seeing these propellers even for the spark?
2017-9-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI - Perhaps you could clarify the camera/other hardware differences?
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules