Why now the "glitches"
951 14 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Since the latest software upgrade I really have had no issues until the past couple of days. I've been flying behind my home as usual that consists of farm land and lots of country areas to fly. I am now experiencing lots of "glitching" in my IPad Pro screen. NO colored lines in the screen, but lots of glitching , "loss of signal" and "high wind warnings" ( where there seems to be very little wind). I am seeing between 15-17 satellites on the screen. I updated the "no-fly zones" thinking that may be an issue, but no difference in the glitching.
Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I know the "high wind warning" has been an issue in other reads. The cable I am using from Ipad to RC is a year old. Maybe a cable issue?????
Thanks!!
2017-8-29
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Oh, I'm flying a P4!
2017-8-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

When you say "latest software upgrade", are you referring to DJI Go4  version 4.1.7 for iOS  which has been released in the last few days?  Or an older release?
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, the high wind warning will appear when the wind speed is more than 7m/s in the air.
2017-8-30
Use props
Y Photography
New
Flight distance : 5745 ft

Senegal

Hello all,

Sorry for my post here but I'm a new user and I don't know how I should do for open a new thread to ask my problem.

My
2017-8-30
Use props
Y Photography
New
Flight distance : 5745 ft

Senegal

Hello all,

Sorry for my post here but I'm a new user and I don't know how I should do for open a new thread to ask my problem.

My P4 controller has fallen and the connector who connect the camera in the controller has damaged.

I want to know how can I do to have a new connector or a new controller for my drone.

I also want to know how can I do to connect an other controller on my drone please.

Thank you for your understanding and your attention, and sorry for my bad english.

Cordially,

Youssef.
2017-8-30
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-30 00:23
Generally, the high wind warning will appear when the wind speed is more than 7m/s in the air.

Hello DJI Susan.........my high wind warning appears when I first launch and the P4 is hovering right in front of me, 3 feet off the ground, with very little if any wind.
2017-8-30
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-8-29 14:00
When you say "latest software upgrade", are you referring to DJI Go4  version 4.1.7 for iOS  which has been released in the last few days?  Or an older release?

Yes, DJI GO4 and I just checked on the version I am on. I am using version 4.1.5 for iOS and am not seeing a version update before I fly. I didn't know they released the 4.1.7 version for iOS.
2017-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Imovetheearth Posted at 2017-8-30 04:14
Yes, DJI GO4 and I just checked on the version I am on. I am using version 4.1.5 for iOS and am not seeing a version update before I fly. I didn't know they released the 4.1.7 version for iOS.

You can read about it here:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-110949-1-1.html
2017-8-30
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Imovetheearth Posted at 2017-8-30 04:00
Hello DJI Susan.........my high wind warning appears when I first launch and the P4 is hovering right in front of me, 3 feet off the ground, with very little if any wind.

I think that your P4 is still in ground effect at that height.  Air being pushed down hits the ground and comes back up to put it in simple terms.  That air disturbs the air around the P4 causing it to think it is wind.  If it stops at say 10 feet then that seems to be the problem I would think.  Just thinking.  
2017-8-30
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Ercoupedriver Posted at 2017-8-30 04:56
I think that your P4 is still in ground effect at that height.  Air being pushed down hits the ground and comes back up to put it in simple terms.  That air disturbs the air around the P4 causing it to think it is wind.  If it stops at say 10 feet then that seems to be the problem I would think.  Just thinking.

It's a  possibility, however it wasn't showing me a "high wind warning" a year ago under the same circumstances. With the new updates maybe the P4 is more sensitive.
2017-8-31
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Well im using the P4 Pro Plus And I get nothing like this mabe becuase of memory on the phone or try it on a diffrent phone because this could help. ;)
2017-8-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Y Photography Posted at 2017-8-30 01:06
Hello all,

Aloha Youssef.,

Go back to the Forum page and click on the DJI Forum icon.  Then choose what product you have (P4) so the discussion subject will concern your product.  When your product Forum page opens, the upper right will have a blue tab with New Thread on it.  Click on it and introduce your problem and discuss what you want help on.  If you have not browsed the Forum enough and acquired enough points asking questions, I think there used to be a rule that you cannot start a thread.  There may still be.  If you still cannot post a thread, then the rule is still in place.

From what you have written so far though, you could solve many of your problems by downloading the P4 manual for your product from the P4 page of the DJI.com web site (downloads).

http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads

Then you can read about your issues and what it takes to solve them.  The manual will also be helpful in providing the names of the various parts of your flying computer network.  Make sure you have the P4 and not the P4A, P4 A+ (plus) or the P4P.  Each one has a different manual.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Imovetheearth Posted at 2017-8-31 14:07
It's a  possibility, however it wasn't showing me a "high wind warning" a year ago under the same circumstances. With the new updates maybe the P4 is more sensitive.

It is a feature of new DJI GO 4. I would recommend you to test whether the reminder always pops up in low air hover status.
2017-9-2
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

DJI Susan. Off this topic I know. I understand the wind warning as used to fly a Mavic. What about IMU Error in GO App since last P4 firmware. GO has been updated and it still shows this error when IMU is warming up.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules