Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Editing Program and Music
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alida Jordan
lvl.1
Australia

Hi All

I normally use the DJI App on my tablet to do quick edits for my boss after being on site. Just wanting to know what others reccommded/use to create such wonderful videos i have been seeing.

When adding music to you videos where do i reccommend i start searching, again i like the music on the app however i can access this style on my Mac without sitting on the web for hours.

I want to take my flights to a new level as my boss uses my footage for the company

TIA

Ali
2017-8-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you want to step up a notch, then move away from editing on your tablet. The best way is to copy the material off the MicroSD card in the aircraft to a desk top computer and edit it using Final Cut Pro, Premier, or even better, the completely free and fabulously powerful Da Vinci Resolve from Blackmagic Design (BTW, it is an Australian owned company). These programs are not easy peasy, they require a bit of learning to master them, but there are plenty of on-line tutorials on how to use them, and the upside is you learn a new skill.
2017-8-29
Use props
Alida Jordan
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-29 16:53
If you want to step up a notch, then move away from editing on your tablet. The best way is to copy the material off the MicroSD card in the aircraft to a desk top computer and edit it using Final Cut Pro, Premier, or even better, the completely free and fabulously powerful Da Vinci Resolve from Blackmagic Design (BTW, it is an Australian owned company). These programs are not easy peasy, they require a bit of learning to master them, but there are plenty of on-line tutorials on how to use them, and the upside is you learn a new skill.

Thank you,  i will have a look at these

NB:I only edit on the tablet for a quick view of some of the footage as i don't carry my Mac when travelling to construction sites.

2017-8-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Alida Jordan Posted at 2017-8-29 17:08
Thank you,  i will have a look at these

OK, as far as music is concerned, it can take some time to find good music, and I am not put off by having to pay for it. I tend to look for European or Scandinavian small-time composers and you can often buy the rights to use their compositions for small fees.
2017-8-29
Use props
slamblood
lvl.1

Russia

Geebax right.

I can recommend to search here - background music.

Also you can use their live chat and they will help you to find cool music for no cost.
2017-12-4
Use props
NGF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

Hi. Using your iMovie editing on your Mac is great. It's there for the taking and does have some truly fantastic functions that are easy to use. As far as music goes, I too pay for mine. A great site is mp3va.com
The music is pennies and there is a great library to choose from.
2017-12-4
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try http://soundimage.org/ . Eric's music is free and all he asks is an acknowledgement in the credits.
2017-12-4
Use props
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Thanks to sky wombat for the recommendation. I too have trouble finding music I can use and helping to promote an artist is good networking.
I use Da Vinci Resolve on occasion but have found NCH Suite, also of Austrailia, to be a good mix of audio and video combined set of tools.
I will always prefer to buy the software instead of the yearly lease thing as some big companies are doing, same with the cloud rentals.
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules