DJI Go - No "Done" key on numeric keyboard
1507 16 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

I'm using the new 10.5" iPad Pro as my screen for the Mavic Pro. It works really well, with one exception... There is no "Done" button, or a hide keyboard button on the numeric keyboard. This means it's impossible to enter any number on any of the settings fields. If you try, you can't submit the entry and you can't get rid of the keyboard, you have to close the app and restart it.

If DJI is reading this, this seems like a very simple fix, so how about a quick update to solve this minor problem?
2017-8-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

As the new Ipad is not on their recommended list, I doubt they will do anything.
I would think the keyboard that is displayed is coming from the Ipad.
Are you using a standard keyboard or have you loaded a different one. Perhaps try a different keyboard.
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide us with some screenshot of this case so I can refer more for this coz I don't have an iPad Pro at my hand to look into it. Thanks for your kind understanding and appreciate your feedback.
2017-8-29
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-29 22:28
Could you please provide us with some screenshot of this case so I can refer more for this coz I don't have an iPad Pro at my hand to look into it. Thanks for your kind understanding and appreciate your feedback.

I cannot attach a screenshot for some reason... Otherwise I would!
2017-8-30
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-29 20:33
As the new Ipad is not on their recommended list, I doubt they will do anything.
I would think the keyboard that is displayed is coming from the Ipad.
Are you using a standard keyboard or have you loaded a different one. Perhaps try a different keyboard.

When the numeric keyboard comes up, iOS ALWAYS displays the standard iOS keyboard, regardless of any 3rd party keyboards installed... That's per Apple.
2017-8-30
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-29 22:28

Ok... the DJI Go 4 app won't let me upload a screenshot, but the web version will... Here's the screenshot of the iOS numeric keyboard, with no "Done" button, or any way to close the keyboard. NoDoneKey.PNG
NoDoneKey.PNG
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jyunte Posted at 2017-8-30 12:30
Ok... the DJI Go 4 app won't let me upload a screenshot, but the web version will... Here's the screenshot of the iOS numeric keyboard, with no "Done" button, or any way to close the keyboard.

Thanks for the feedback. Though iPad Pro is not on the support device list, I'll help to transfer to our engineers. And I would suggest that you set the MC settings by another device at present.
2017-8-30
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-30 23:35
Thanks for the feedback. Though iPad Pro is not on the support device list, I'll help to transfer to our engineers. And I would suggest that you set the MC settings by another device at present.

Thanks. Yes, I set everything via a cellphone, though it's pretty inconvenient!
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jyunte Posted at 2017-8-31 23:56
Thanks. Yes, I set everything via a cellphone, though it's pretty inconvenient!

Understand this situation, hope it will be fixed in the near future.
2017-9-1
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

This problem can not be reproduced currently, we will keep trying to figure out this problem until it's solved.
2017-9-1
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

AidanKless Posted at 2017-9-1 05:18
This problem can not be reproduced currently, we will keep trying to figure out this problem until it's solved.

I've seen a couple of other people with the exact same problem post on here about it, just FYI.
2017-9-1
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

AidanKless Posted at 2017-9-1 05:18

I just found the problem...

It *does* have something to do with third party keyboards... in my case Google's keyboard, Gboard. With Gboard installed, but not "active" (that is, the default iOS is first in the list of keyboards in the iOS settings), this problem exists.

With Gboard completely removed from the iPad, the problem goes away and there are keys for both "Done" and hide keyboard.

So, while Apple says the default iOS numeric keypad is ALWAYS shown when the numeric keypad is requested by an app, this is clearly not the case.  Attached is the default iOS numeric keyboard that is brought up. See that it's not just a numeric keypad, like the one shown in my earlier post. Swiping with Gboard is a much faster way to type, but Gboard is clearly incompatible with DJI Go. :-(
IMG_0037.PNG
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jyunte Posted at 2017-9-1 08:34
I just found the problem...

It *does* have something to do with third party keyboards... in my case Google's keyboard, Gboard. With Gboard installed, but not "active" (that is, the default iOS is first in the list of keyboards in the iOS settings), this problem exists.

Thanks for getting back, and 10# is from our engineers. We are working on this case, and I'll also forward your latest feedback to the engineers. Appreciate your assistance.
2017-9-15
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Thank you for your information, we will continue to improve our products
2017-9-18
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

AidanKless Posted at 2017-9-18 06:18
Thank you for your information, we will continue to improve our products

Well, I'm not sure if it's a Gboard update or the DJI Go 4 update that fixed this, but there's now a "Complete" button on the Gboard keyboard! This means that I can now type data into the various fields in the DJI Go app and exit the input mode as well. Cooll! Back to being able to swipe instead of hunting and pecking on the keyboard!
2017-9-18
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-9-18 20:54
Well, I'm not sure if it's a Gboard update or the DJI Go 4 update that fixed this, but there's now a "Complete" button on the Gboard keyboard! This means that I can now type data into the various fields in the DJI Go app and exit the input mode as well. Cooll! Back to being able to swipe instead of hunting and pecking on the keyboard!

I guess I spoke too soon! There's a "Complete" button on the keyboard when you go to the various settings pages... But if you press the green "GPS Position" banner at the top left side of the screen, to get the general details screen, there is no "Complete" button there.
2017-9-19
Use props
djiuser_MIk8DqhbOASI
New

United States

I had the same issue today with an iPhone 7 (with no 3rd party keyboards installed)
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules