Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blocked from maximum altitude after swapping battery
542 9 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drewson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111066 ft
United States

Today I was flying, was at about half my maximum altitude, about 60m.  
I flew for a while, returned, and powered the Spark down while leaving everything else on.  I don't usually do this, as I usually only fly one battery at a time.  I put in the new battery and powered up the Spark.  I had to reboot the RC controller to get it to connect (also, if it is relevant, I use OTG).

Once connected, I took off again and was stopped from going past about 25m.  It reported "Maximum Altitude Reached".  I landed, took off again.  Both times it registered GPS mode and RTH location set.  Still blocked from going above 25m.

Landed, turned everything off, turned everything back on, now I could fly up to my normal maximum altitude.  

Anyone had an experience like this?

2017-8-29
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 11639147 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There are many forum posts about this now. Just check them below.
But short. Close down dji go app and reboot the app before changing battery
2017-8-29
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 11639147 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And disconnect otg and than connect otg cable into the rc again
2017-8-29
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.3
United States

YES....same here, swap out 2nd battery and max altitude at 90m, set it at 120m
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

Glad you solve the problem. If there is anything new and not solved, please let us know. We are willing to help.
2017-8-30
Use props
koko_
lvl.2
Norway

@DJI Elektra: what exactly do you mean by "solved"? This is a buggy behavior, we all have to kill/restart the go app if this arbitrary limitation shows up. DJI should investigate what's the problem... there are already so many users here experiencing same issue!
2017-8-30
Use props
LotusFan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48783 ft
United States

So when is the next firmware release to fix this bad behavior?   
2017-8-30
Use props
Urban flyer
lvl.1
United States

Yes my friend and I both did today 8/29/17.  We both have Spark drones and his restricted flight distance and altitude first. Then mine did the same after I replaced the battery.
2017-8-30
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294528 ft
United States

Urban flyer Posted at 2017-8-30 17:08
Yes my friend and I both did today 8/29/17.  We both have Spark drones and his restricted flight distance and altitude first. Then mine did the same after I replaced the battery.

Can you test and see if the flight restrictions disappear after you set home point?
2017-8-30
Use props
koko_
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Go 4.1.9 just appeared in iOS store...
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules