Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS?
1359 11 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RonaldWill
lvl.1

United States

So.. I'm new here I'm thinking of buying a new drone. So my question is it already pre-installed with a GPS?

If so what could you elaborate upon it to me? I'm torn on what to get and can't decide on my own so that's why I want to hear others' opinion of this.
2017-8-29
Use props
RonaldWill
lvl.1

United States

Sorry forgot to mention that I need a GPS so I can know where it goes
2017-8-29
Use props
crispyN8
New

Philippines

From my experience, I strapped my drone with an external GPS device to track my drone in case it crashes. You should probably check for some reviews on drones to see if they come with GPS. Might not be the best response since i'm newbie too.
2017-8-29
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Phantom P3S comes with all the GPS u need and the go app and litchi is a great OS for the P3S, in my opinion no need for extra GPS on this Bird
2017-8-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the DJI go app and it is the only GPS you need.  IMO
2017-8-31
Use props
RonaldWill
lvl.1

United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-8-30 11:57
Phantom P3S comes with all the GPS u need and the go app and litchi is a great OS for the P3S, in my opinion no need for extra GPS on this Bird

Oh is a P3S the newest model of drones out there, what if I buy a P4 would it be pre-installed with the GPS devices needed.

Appreciate the reply
2017-8-31
Use props
RonaldWill
lvl.1

United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-8-31 19:06
I use the DJI go app and it is the only GPS you need.  IMO

Oh the DJI go app, I'll look into it, Thanks

Still, I'll try to see what other GPS things is viable.
2017-8-31
Use props
RonaldWill
lvl.1

United States

crispyN8 Posted at 2017-8-29 23:22
From my experience, I strapped my drone with an external GPS device to track my drone in case it crashes. You should probably check for some reviews on drones to see if they come with GPS. Might not be the best response since i'm newbie too.

Thanks fellow newbie, I'll research more about these things youtube might help me find what I need, I'll consider taking an external GPS if so.
2017-8-31
Use props
crispyN8
New

Philippines

RonaldWill Posted at 2017-8-31 19:23
Thanks fellow newbie, I'll research more about these things youtube might help me find what I need, I'll consider taking an external GPS if so.

IMO, since most affordable drones already come with GPS, I suggest utilizing the external GPS tracker to a different property like your vehicle or your bag if you're the adventurous type of guy.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ronald, yes, most of DJI drones have the built-in GPS module to locate itself, there is no need to use external GPS.
2017-9-1
Use props
RonaldWill
lvl.1

Singapore

crispyN8 Posted at 2017-8-31 21:18
IMO, since most affordable drones already come with GPS, I suggest utilizing the external GPS tracker to a different property like your vehicle or your bag if you're the adventurous type of guy.

Yeah if you say the GPS already comes with GPS, I'll forego  of buying a GPS on the drone and put it on other things lol.
2017-9-3
Use props
RonaldWill
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-1 00:16
Ronald, yes, most of DJI drones have the built-in GPS module to locate itself, there is no need to use external GPS.

Thanks DJI Mindy for clarifying, I guess I'll buy an external GPS anduse it on things that don't have GPS built-in on them.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules