Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
It can be done !
595 6 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Why, I don't know?

2017-8-30
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Reckless ..... while it is amazing they managed to pull this off there is more at stake here. The video clearly shows the drone falling and drifting towards a car park ... I dare say had they not pulled this off the drone could have hit a car etc. or just smashed itself to pieces on the car park. Had the wind been blowing in a different direction it could have damaged a house, a person, a driven car !!! ... let alone the loss of a rather expensive drone!

No time for idiots like this and they give the wider respectable drone community a bad name.
2017-8-30
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Bigga J Posted at 2017-8-30 03:25
Reckless ..... while it is amazing they managed to pull this off there is more at stake here. The video clearly shows the drone falling and drifting towards a car park ... I dare say had they not pulled this off the drone could have hit a car etc. or just smashed itself to pieces on the car park. Had the wind been blowing in a different direction it could have damaged a house, a person, a driven car !!! ... let alone the loss of a rather expensive drone!

No time for idiots like this and they give the wider respectable drone community a bad name.

You sound real jealous
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well not jealous at all here, but I totally agree upon how stupid this is.
Some people go too far for some extra views.
(that is my point of view of course)
2017-8-30
Use props
BernieB
Captain
Flight distance : 18737 ft
United States

It does answer the question about restart though, so if you ever find it necessary to do an emergency shut down, it is worth a try to restart if the situation permits.
2017-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

One thing it doesn't answer is surely the CSC (Emergency only) menu option should disable that shutoff unless the drone reports an error.  It would appear at least that doesn't work which leaves open the possibility of an accidental CSC mid flight.
2017-8-30
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Swedrone Posted at 2017-8-30 03:27
You sound real jealous

!! .... Sorry, I find this a very strange comment. What exactly am I supposed to be jealous of?

I have a Mavic Pro, I have other drones including racing ones etc. I own the car in my avatar etc. etc. ... no reason for jealousy in my life, one of the worst traits in people and you don't know me so you have no clue that I genuinely don't do jealousy whatsoever.

The general rules in the UK (I know the video in question was not shot in the UK however, laws are laws and I guess you have similar laws in the US) not to fly the drone within 50m of a road, houses, cars etc. i.e. not to endanger others ..... these goons had no way of knowing whether they could recover the drone to a safe flying mode, they had no control over it, the wind was obviously taking it way off course etc.

If you want to do this without the risk of endangering others then do it in an area where people tend not to be, it's not as though you guys in the States are short of space to do this and then the only risk is if they do not recover the drone it smashes into the ground thereby, losing them $1000 or so!
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules