Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Range and height
1060 12 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dayviduk
Second Officer

United Kingdom

What is a reasonable ,not Max distance and height for the P3s to travel befor you may get int problems
Do range extenders make a differenc and if so how much
2017-8-30
Use props
MerlinL14
First Officer
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Without trying to be obtuse, there are tens of threads on here about range and how to increase it and what equipment you would need. Just be aware that this is a DJI moderated forum and any posts about modifications will get deleted.
2017-8-30
Use props
DustMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 973373 ft
United States

Really depends on wifi traffic and structures in your flying zone. And yes range extenders do work very well. Worth the $
2017-8-30
Use props
dayviduk
Second Officer

United Kingdom

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-8-30 03:19
Without trying to be obtuse, there are tens of threads on here about range and how to increase it and what equipment you would need. Just be aware that this is a DJI moderated forum and any posts about modifications will get deleted.

You are correct , i could spend a couple of hours searching this and other sites for an answer , or as i have done posted a question then come back some hours later to read any replies, if any specific to my question .,
Their are many people on many forums that love to answer questions even if they have been asked before, as their are those equally that enjoy telling people about a search button and really not contributing anything to the thread in question .
I suppose the P3s has been around long enough now with enough questions asked to just have this section as reference only.

2017-8-30
Use props
MerlinL14
First Officer
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Just not that plethora of answers you were expecting then!
2017-8-31
Use props
dayviduk
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Academic now , as i am now the proud owner of a P3A
2017-8-31
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-8-30 03:19

Not so when it comes to the Argtek Antenna Threads. This mod does not break any DJI firmware it just enhances signals.

Argtek thread link below

http://forum.dji.com/thread-85652-1-1.html
2017-8-31
Use props
sSunSetter
First Officer
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Reasonable and Maximum distance for me now is like 200' high and 300' out. I have to update firmware now. I want the 1000' range...  But only need 400' high and 800 out. Recommend you stay within line of sight.
2017-8-31
Use props
DronerX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

sSunSetter Posted at 2017-8-31 12:52
Reasonable and Maximum distance for me now is like 200' high and 300' out. I have to update firmware now. I want the 1000' range...  But only need 400' high and 800 out. Recommend you stay within line of sight.

With an easy and cheap antenna upgrade you can get over a 1km (3200 ft).  There's been many posts about flyers getting several kilometers.  I think the furthest I've seen is 7km.  I've only been able to get just over a kilometer in the Rocky Mountains.  It's easy to break the 400 ft limit, but that is currently the legal limit in the US.
2017-8-31
Use props
sSunSetter
First Officer
United States

yep..... I'm now finding that out. Excited tonight here, first flight over 300' and over  20 minutes......  PR     
2017-8-31
Use props
sSunSetter
First Officer
United States

Also, That's a very nice looking Sturgon.
2017-8-31
Use props
dayviduk
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Thank you around 27lbs , not bad for France , but tiny if caught in Canada.
I didnt want huge heights or distance as i will mainly be filming lakes here in the uk ,up to around 600yds out and up to 300 feet up .
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the drone itself, we had 500 meter's restriction for height, but we don't have distance restriction yet, of course, need to base on the local regulation and no fly zone restriction firstly. Besides, we don't  suggest using any third-party accessories like the range extender. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules