1027 4 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Oh DJI... We had our fair share of troubles in the past: First Gen Ronin not working well, First Gen Osmo not working well, First Gen Dji Osmo Mobile not working well neither, but hey... My new Osmo and Mavic Pro are working flawlessly so maybe your first Gen products are to be avoided like the plague... Now, I thought to myself, hey, the Osmo Pro Combo is a year old now, I can get one and be sure that it will work nicely... Oh my, I was wrong.

Monday I placed my order on the DJI.com store, Tuesday I was informed that the product is on its way and today (Wednesday) the product finally arrived... Charged the battery and... DOA or Dead On Arrival, the X5 module will not work.

I tried with another battery: Same.
I tried with my Osmo Grip (The own that came with the X3) : Same.
I tried with the External Battery Extender: Same.

Contacted the support (Chat), and they said that I have to send it back... YEAH... I just sent an email to the support and we will see.

Now, maybe it's me, but GOOD LORD you guys at DJI has some serious quality control problem.
2017-8-30
Use props
cyclops2810
lvl.1
Australia

Just a note, I have an Osmo+ and now an Osmo X5R. When I first turned on my Raw I thought it was dead, then remembered I had to connect via wifi to it to activate it, once I remembered and did that it sprung to life. I thought I'd tell you in case that's the issue here
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product, appreciate the warm note by Cyclops on 2#, he's right, can you detect the wifi of Osmo Pro and then enter the APP to activate the device? What is the system indicator when you power on the Osmo Pro?
2017-8-30
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

cyclops2810 Posted at 2017-8-30 16:13
Just a note, I have an Osmo+ and now an Osmo X5R. When I first turned on my Raw I thought it was dead, then remembered I had to connect via wifi to it to activate it, once I remembered and did that it sprung to life. I thought I'd tell you in case that's the issue here

I succeed to connect it to the App, the gimbal moved left and right a few time and then the green light on the X5 when dark and the gimbal will stop working... Still, on the App I could see the video feed...
2017-8-31
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-30 23:53
We are sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product, appreciate the warm note by Cyclops on 2#, he's right, can you detect the wifi of Osmo Pro and then enter the APP to activate the device? What is the system indicator when you power on the Osmo Pro?

As replied above. I succeed to pair it to the App, the Gimbal will shake left right a few times, maybe two or three times and then the light on the X5 turn-off and the gimbal will stop working, then the handle start to beep... Still I have access to the video feed and on the Info about the X5 the firmware version is: unknown.

I contacted DJI Int by email yesterday, 24h later no news, did the same with DJI Japan (where I am located) and no news.

DJI.com ticket number is 716563. DJI Japan does not have a ticketing system in place apparently. Just a dumb email saying that until August 21 they are in Holidays, we are August 31... Way to go DJI Japan.

Really frustrating to work with you guys.
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules