Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bird fell down after 2 weeks of flying. Warranty claim rejected!!!
2149 19 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shamot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1515246 ft
Czechia

Hello,

my P4A+ fell down out of sky in the middle of the flight (1st of August):
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=iuPEPg

As it is covered by a warranty (only enjoyed it for about 2 weeks till the fall) I've sent it back to local reseller in Czech Republic.
According to law the seller has to deal with the warranty claim within 30 days otherewise he must refund the full price to customer.
26th day the seller sent me an email informing me he can't make it within 30 days so that he would need more time and my permission to prolong from 30 days to do all the diagnostic in DJI Germany service center.
I was threatened that my warranty claim will be refused (with no reason!) and the bird will not be repaired at all if I don't agree with this prolongation.
I didn't agree and requested the ticket ID and the reason why my claim should be rejected (I supposed there should be some protocol sent by DJI service).

I received another email from the seller informing me they definitely rejected my claim (no reason given) and let me choose to charge me for the whole repair or send it back unrepaired and charge me for delivery.
There MUST be an exact and strong reason given if the claim should be rejected according to local law otherwise it's considered invalid and the period of 30 days to deal with warranty claim still counts.

30 days are goind to be over on monday 4th of September. I will ask the full refund then. If the seller reject the refund I will be forced to get involved in a lawsuite with the local DJI parner.

DJI admin, could you please verify my bird was really sent to DJI center in German to check what caused the fall ?
Ticket ID should be CAS-879996-B0Z8Z8

Thank you

Regards

Tomas

2017-8-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why does everyone give Airdata links?
Airdata is next to useless for investigating incidents.
If you want help, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
Then we might be able to get an idea of what happened.
2017-8-30
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 2017-8-30 04:20
Why does everyone give Airdata links?
Airdata is next to useless for investigating incidents.
If you want help, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

sorry, didn't know that. Here you are:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/G50ZDZ8LBHUPBOTBXEH3/
2017-8-30
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

shamot Posted at 2017-8-30 04:28
sorry, didn't know that. Here you are:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/G50ZDZ8LBHUPBOTBXEH3/

I don't see anything wrong in there, except that the log ends without landing.
I would expect that one to be replaced under warrantee, certainly needs an explanation of why not.

Do you have any video from the drone when it fell?
2017-8-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you have a gimbal guard fitted ?

2017-8-30
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-30 08:22
Did you have a gimbal guard fitted ?

Aardvark: No, I didn't have gimbal guard fitted.

Nigel_: Yes, I was recording the flight so I also have a footage. The mp4 record had some headers missing and could not be played. I managed to recover it using special software because I was curious to see the bird falling down but it turned out P4 stopped recording in the air (in the very some moment the log ends) - no shaking, nothing weird. It seems to me like it completely shut down including camera recording.
2017-8-30
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

This is last footage my P4A+ ever did:
2017-8-30
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

shamot Posted at 2017-8-30 09:45
Aardvark: No, I didn't have gimbal guard fitted.

Nigel_: Yes, I was recording the flight so I also have a footage. The mp4 record had some headers missing and could not be played. I managed to recover it using special software because I was curious to see the bird falling down but it turned out P4 stopped recording in the air (in the very some moment the log ends) - no shaking, nothing weird. It seems to me like it completely shut down including camera recording.

From that height it had plenty of time to write some more even if a motor failed so I agree, something seriously wrong and no evidence of pilot error.  
2017-8-30
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Where the batteries at optimum temperature before take off?
2017-8-30
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

zu_lu Posted at 2017-8-30 10:57
Where the batteries at optimum temperature before take off?

It was about 25°-27°C that day and batteries were fully charged the day before so I guess there should not be problem with batteries. I also think the batteries temperature information can be read from log and there is no any warning about this.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Shamot, we are sorry for the crash accident, we have no idea about the local law, please negotiate with your dealer. And you are right, the drone was sent back to DJI official repair center in Netherlands by your dealer.
From the data analysis, the drone cannot be turned on after crash unfortunately, so we are unable to retrieve the flight data for further analysis but only flight records. Here is the details of data analysis:
1)The GPS signal was strong in flight.
2)Pilot used Sport mode and pushed pitch stick forward and throttle up, the aircraft ascended and flew forward, then the record stopped at 5:23, h=243m, d=606m.
Conclusion: Unable to know incident reason only base on app record.
We are deeply sorry for this situation.
2017-8-30
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-30 19:27
Shamot, we are sorry for the crash accident, we have no idea about the local law, please negotiate with your dealer. And you are right, the drone was sent back to DJI official repair center in Netherlands by your dealer.
From the data analysis, the drone cannot be turned on after crash unfortunately, so we are unable to retrieve the flight data for further analysis but only flight records. Here is the details of data analysis:
1)The GPS signal was strong in flight.

Are you telling me that technical support can not get data from the crashed bird when it can not be turned on ? It's quite common the bird can not be turned on when it's broken. Of course I will negotiate with the local dealer but to be honest I'm a bit surprised by the technical (in)ability of official DJI support which is unable to get the flight data from the crashed dron. You still have a flight log from RC and video recorded on SD card in bird.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

shamot Posted at 2017-8-31 00:03
Are you telling me that technical support can not get data from the crashed bird when it can not be turned on ? It's quite common the bird can not be turned on when it's broken. Of course I will negotiate with the local dealer but to be honest I'm a bit surprised by the technical (in)ability of official DJI support which is unable to get the flight data from the crashed dron. You still have a flight log from RC and video recorded on SD card in bird.

We are sorry for that, I will contact local team to see if there is anything further we can do. I will keep you updated.
2017-8-31
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 18:10
We are sorry for that, I will contact local team to see if there is anything further we can do. I will keep you updated.

thank you for checking this out
2017-9-1
Use props
havrosh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566785 ft
Czechia

Vendor can not access data from crashed drones??? Who else?
Really strange response from DJI...

Tomas, let us know the result of this case, especially negotiation with the dealer.
2017-9-1
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

havrosh Posted at 2017-9-1 10:04
Vendor can not access data from crashed drones??? Who else?
Really strange response from DJI...

sure, I will post the result here. You can also check out my post updated at FB in "Zkušenosti s provozem dronů DJI" group
2017-9-1
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 18:10

@DJI Mindy any news pls ? why does the update take too long ?
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

shamot Posted at 2017-9-1 12:16
@DJI Mindy any news pls ? why does the update take too long ?

Sorry that it is weekend at present, I will keep you posted once there is update.
2017-9-3
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-3 02:15
Sorry that it is weekend at present, I will keep you posted once there is update.

you wrote you'd contact the local team on Thursday. Is there any update about this issue ? I'm sorry but I don't understand why getting the specific information from your local team should take 3 days. I'm really disappointed by DJI support in general.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

shamot Posted at 2017-9-4 00:31
you wrote you'd contact the local team on Thursday. Is there any update about this issue ? I'm sorry but I don't understand why getting the specific information from your local team should take 3 days. I'm really disappointed by DJI support in general.

Shamot, we are sorry to have kept you waiting. The update was delayed because of weekend.
Local team is working on retrieving the log today, but unfortunately, the fight log in the aircraft was damaged because of crash (please forgive my improper explanation in my previous post) and there is no RC data for Phantom series products. Therefore, we are unable to analyze the precise reason of accident based on the limited APP flight records.
I understand your frustration and will escalate your case to appropriate department for further resolution. You have our sincere apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules