Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it (still) worthy buying a Phantom 2 Vision Plus?
5945 10 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DjiDroneDude
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Community,
As I´m thinking about purchasing my first DJI-Drone, I thought about buying an older one, so in case of it being utterly destroyed by my ultimate flight skills (XD) It wouldn´t be as bad as when I´d crash a Phantom 4/Mavic Pro. I saw different offers on used Phantom 2 Vision Plus-Drones - And here´s my question (as in title): Is it still worth the money (~ 200-300€) buying a Phantom 2 (Vision Plus)? What do you think about that idea? Do you still own/have owned a Phantom 2?
Thanks for all answers in advance!
- DjiDroneDude

Remark: As I´m german I stated the price in euros, in dollars it would be almost the same.

2017-8-30
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No ... if you want a cheap and simple drone, get the P3 Standard.   The P2V+ is too old and its tech is too primitive and the camera has a fisheye lens.
Phantoms are much easier to fly than you imagine.
Just make sure you do your early flying in a big, open area.
If there's nothing to hit, it's hard to get into trouble.
2017-8-30
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Labroides.  A P3 Standard is $499 or less so unless you are getting the Vision+ for $200 or less I would advice against it.  You will also have issues getting a replacement camera/gimbal should you crash a Vision+.
2017-8-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You shouldn't be afraid.  The Phantoms are solid.  Read the manual at least twice and don't be reckless and you'll be fine.  

If you want old, I'd get a P3A or P3P.  You get much more value for your money than anything less, IMO.  

Otherwise get a toy and play with that until you're confident or you crash it.  People seem to like the Syma.  
2017-8-30
Use props
DjiDroneDude
lvl.1

Germany

Thank you for all the answers to this topic!
I´m still thinking if I should get a Mavic or a Phantom 3 / Phantom 4, but Phantom 2 Vision+ is out of discussion now.
You guys are one of the best forum community´s out there, thanks to all of you!
- DjiDroneDude

Remark: I´ve already bought myself a toy drone @MarkTheDroner
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DjiDroneDude Posted at 2017-8-30 11:47
I´m still thinking if I should get a Mavic or a Phantom 3 / Phantom 4, but Phantom 2 Vision+ is out of discussion now.

As discussed above, I would recommend you to consider Phantom 3 series. Please let us know when you make the decision.
2017-9-3
Use props
Homer Simpson
Second Officer

Canada

DjiDroneDude Posted at 2017-8-30 11:47

You will also find here no-one talks about the Phantom 2 anymore. DJI basically stopped supporting them.
2017-9-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Nobody talks about 'em and they're not supported and I'm not trying to confuse the OP, but I still have two and they still fly great.  And it's nice to know there will never be a bad firmware update or a surprise DJI NFZ zone popping up out of nowhere.  Here is a P2V+ flight from a couple weeks ago - 17,672 ft out.

Still - it's late 2017.  Pay the extra money and get the lightbridge.

2017-9-6
Use props
fans28c393b2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, If you buy a Phantom 2 Vision plus DJI no longer make the Wifi Modules, and if that fails you will have a bad time getting a replacement.  I had that happen to me and if a friend had not helped me by giving me his brand new spare one I would still be grounded. So think before you act. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions, and if I can help I will. Regards Ian.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

I have seen some fly with Phantom 2 Visions (no plus). However, much progress has been made as the Phantom 3 series became more available. If you do purchase a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, consider it a learning experience that will provide good foundation.
2017-9-12
Use props
Film Nation
lvl.1

Mexico

Hi  I just read this old post and just curious about what you decided? I own an old primitive dji vision 2 plus, and after a good crash its still flying!  but yes, spare parts are now almost impossible to get.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules