Gimbal not installed
1413 8 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans607b5fee
New

Australia

Hi...

Is anyone else having issue with active track or tap to fly not being available and message that appears on the screen is "gimbal not installed"? Resseting didn't help and software is up to date.
I have attached a screen shot of the issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this.... thanks
Screenshot_20170830-214632.png
2017-8-30
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I will look mine, but the last time it was ok.
But it was before the last update.
2017-8-30
Use props
fans607b5fee
New

Australia

Thanks... I had this issue since it was new... camera and gimball work fine I just can't use those options...
2017-8-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans607b5fee Posted at 2017-8-30 04:24
Thanks... I had this issue since it was new... camera and gimball work fine I just can't use those options...

Support is going to have you downgrade/upgrade/refresh your firmware and do a clean re-install of your app, so you might as well try those before opening a support request. Good luck.
2017-8-30
Use props
fans607b5fee
New

Australia

Thanks for the advise... I will try that..
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like Machina mentioned, had you upgraded the drone's firmware? Please update first. Besides, please check if the "gimbal not installed" will also exist on the app's transmission interface. And I saw an N/A on the SD card info, check the SD card, try to format it. Also, please if the anti-drop hooks are mounted properly, you can refer to our tutorial:
Keep us updated if case persists. Thank you.
2017-8-30
Use props
fans607b5fee
New

Australia

Thanks for the information. So I have the latest software and I have tried reinstalling software and that didn't help.. message does not appear in the app's transmission interface and hooks are mounted properly. The SD card error appears on every time.. it would record for 5 min and then message apears "Card error, please replaced it" but still records with no problem... have tried formating and using different sd card but issue is still there with card and gimbal... I didn't notice that two appear at the same time but rather at diferent times...
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans607b5fee Posted at 2017-8-31 02:47
Thanks for the information. So I have the latest software and I have tried reinstalling software and that didn't help.. message does not appear in the app's transmission interface and hooks are mounted properly. The SD card error appears on every time.. it would record for 5 min and then message apears "Card error, please replaced it" but still records with no problem... have tried formating and using different sd card but issue is still there with card and gimbal... I didn't notice that two appear at the same time but rather at diferent times...

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please provide us with the info below?
1. Your app and drone's version info on About at General Settings;
2. The operations procedures before you saw "Gimbal not Install";
3. Is there any problem with controlling the gimbal with gimbal wheel;
4. Is the image transmission working;
5. Will this also appear except Active Track and Tapfly?
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Still waiting.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules