Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Kings Park Psychiatric Center Long Island, NY
2576 11 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mazfilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19396 ft
United States

This is my first ever video shot with my Mavic Pro. Just purchased the drone about 3 days ago, this is about my 4th flight and decided to shoot some footage over in Kings Park at the abandoned buildings. Amazing scenery and you can see some cool shots of my friend jumping a little ramp with his gas RC car lol.

All the editing was done on IMovie, raw 4k files from the drone with the camera settings to manual and auto focus. Some color grading was done as it was very cloudy and stormy that day (Had to end the flight midway because it started to drizzle).

If you could leave some positive feedback on how I can improve and maybe even leave a like

Thank you! Happy flying!

2017-8-30
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Pretty cool. The site looks pretty accessible, is there much in the way of security?
2017-8-30
Use props
Mazfilms
lvl.1
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-30 08:26
Pretty cool. The site looks pretty accessible, is there much in the way of security?

Yeah it's easy to get too. Parking lot is not far away. The park is open during the day, but you cannot go inside the buildings. Once the park closes at nighttime its considered trespassing. It's pretty hard to get into them anyways, as almost every entrance is boarded up. All in all, I want to get as much footage as possible as they are tearing all the buildings down soon. They knocked down a few so far. They have plans for a whole new town, mall and suburban area.
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video, especially the part with the little RC car. That was nice to watch.
The first part maybe lacked some 'story', just like somebody is looking around.  (it got much better in the second part).
To my eye the colours were a bit too saturated, but that is a matter of taste of course.
All in all very nice work!
Looking forward to seeing more!
2017-8-30
Use props
Mazfilms
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-30 09:57
Cool video, especially the part with the little RC car. That was nice to watch.
The first part maybe lacked some 'story', just like somebody is looking around.  (it got much better in the second part).
To my eye the colours were a bit too saturated, but that is a matter of taste of course.

Thank you for the feedback! The little ramp jumps were definitely fun haha. Unfortunately a ton of overcast that day, so the original footage looked like black and white. Had to mess around with color grading in post. Another problem was I had the exposure high, so I had to decrease the brightness in post. Overall I have some things to improve on. Thank you for the tips and helping me out!
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I can imagine
The second part was interesting to watch, but I can imagine it is hard to tell some story when flying over something as impressive as this location.
I am not sure how I will manage, since I have yet to buy a drone.
Not decided which one it will be.
2017-8-30
Use props
Mazfilms
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-30 11:02
I can imagine
The second part was interesting to watch, but I can imagine it is hard to tell some story when flying over something as impressive as this location.
I am not sure how I will manage, since I have yet to buy a drone.

The Mavic Pro is definitely one of the best drones for beginners and even professionals. The Spark is absolutely amazing, the only reason I didn't opt for it, I didn't want to have problems in high wind, the props don't fold neatly and it doesn't support 4K video. Other than that, the spark or mavic are awesome starters and runners.
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mazfilms Posted at 2017-8-30 11:44
The Mavic Pro is definitely one of the best drones for beginners and even professionals. The Spark is absolutely amazing, the only reason I didn't opt for it, I didn't want to have problems in high wind, the props don't fold neatly and it doesn't support 4K video. Other than that, the spark or mavic are awesome starters and runners.

Yes, these are on my shortlist for sure.
My real problem with Spark is the disability to record 25 fps.
I have two other camera's that run 25 fps and I would love to combine footage.

And yes, Mavic can do that, but the price is holding me back.
2017-8-30
Use props
Mazfilms
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-30 11:59
Yes, these are on my shortlist for sure.
My real problem with Spark is the disability to record 25 fps.
I have two other camera's that run 25 fps and I would love to combine footage.

Yeah the price is a bit steep. But for the quality and what it can do I can justify DJI for pricing it around 1k. Maybe wait till winter time and there's guaranteed to be some sales.
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope they will also have that in The Netherlands.
We did not get the current summer sale...
2017-8-30
Use props
Mazfilms
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-30 13:42
Hope they will also have that in The Netherlands.
We did not get the current summer sale...

Yeah I wouldn't know Maybe some local deals can be found by you. If you have any type of student email DJI gives you 2 10% off coupons for the mavic and 12% off for the spark.
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I surely hope so!
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now