Inspire 2 Arm Replacement
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronshopromania
lvl.2

Romania

Hello community.

I had a bit of an incident with my Inspire 2 and the right arm got bent. I am in the middle of changing it and hit a snag. There are two bolts holding the arm to the frame of the motor. How can this be removed? I have not found one single information about it.
Did anyone try or had to disassamble the drone? Any suggestion would be appreciated. If you have done this before please help me out.

Thank you.
2017-8-30
Use props
fans41f3800c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are not bolts they are pins turn the drone over and you'll see set screws that hold them in from the bottom loosen them and push them through with a small screwdriver
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We don't recommend to disassemble the drone by yourself because this may avoid warranty, please send it in to official repair center for repair. Thanks. exclusion.png
2017-8-30
Use props
dronshopromania
lvl.2

Romania

fans41f3800c Posted at 2017-8-30 12:08
They are not bolts they are pins turn the drone over and you'll see set screws that hold them in from the bottom loosen them and push them through with a small screwdriver

Thank you so much for the help. Figured it out eventually, just had to use my brain a bit.
Thank you for your reply, you were the only one on like 10 forums who actually had a solution.
Have a great day.
2017-8-31
Use props
fans41f3800c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem good luck I've had to do a couple of repairs on my inspire 2 due to horrible customer service from DJI. I just take my time and take pictures while I'm doing them remember to do a compass calibration and I MU calibration when you're done
2017-9-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

These are the only videos regarding the Inspire 2 that I have seen.  maybe you can see what you need?
Rich

2017-9-1
Use props
pperaza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121 ft
Uruguay

Hi, I cant the drone to DJI, and I have the replace  part 19, but I dont know how I can replace the part  19, please can you help me to uninstall the part 19.
thank
PABLO
2018-2-12
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is too complex to explain here. There are other authorized repair centers. In 2015 I broke a arm on Inspire 1 and sent to DJI repair in May. They were fair in pricing but kept it 3 months while they relocated their repair facility. After that experience and the availability of parts on eBay I decided not to use their service the next time. I have done a complete teardown of the I1 to replace an arm. I can see in the videos above a lot of improvements were made for serviceability like the connectors for antennas instead of having to solder mini coax to the antenna plates.
My I2 is now at end of warranty and I am dealing with a recent issue with the part that connects the aux arm to the right arm sliding off in flight. I have reset it 2 times now using red 263 instead of blue locktite for the clamp screw however it is moving again.
2018-3-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

daev2018 Posted at 2018-3-15 15:48
[view_image]

It is too complex to explain here. There are other authorized repair centers. In 2015 I broke a arm on Inspire 1 and sent to DJI repair in May. They were fair in pricing but kept it 3 months while they relocated their repair facility. After that experience and the availability of parts on eBay I decided not to use their service the next time. I have done a complete teardown of the I1 to replace an arm. I can see in the videos above a lot of improvements were made for serviceability like the connectors for antennas instead of having to solder mini coax to the antenna plates.

Looking at your photo of the ratchet clamp. Are those screws going into the carbon fiber tube? what is the screw size or Torx  ?   I never noticed this before.

Rich

2018-3-16
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-16 21:23
Looking at your photo of the ratchet clamp. Are those screws going into the carbon fiber tube? what is the screw size or Torx  ?   I never noticed this before.

Rich

They are Torx. I don't remember the size but it was a few steps smaller than the clamp screw that was T9. I checked them for tightness. I tightened it all back up again last Thursday. This time I put red locktite on the surfaces the clamp locks on also.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules