Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS and ATTI Problem
1800 5 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
todoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39035 ft
France

Hello

In a French forum, I saw several losses of Spark drones after the loss of GPS then crossing ATTI ending with flyaway. This in places without interference, in places rather than uncovered. This is what happened to me, more with a loss of connection. DJI was kind enough to support 100% replacement of the drone.

2 questions:

- Does the Spark have a GPS management problem, with a satelitte loss too fast?
- Does the Spark have a pilot bug in ATTI mode?

I switched to ATTI last week. I knew that the piloting was different, but it was uncontrollable. I crushed him on the ground so as not to lose.

Best

2017-8-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Why would a compass error disable GPS?
Orientation (compass data) and position (GPS data) are different but related.
When the Spark is moving and getting position information from the GPS that tells the Spark that it is travelling in a different direction from what it's getting from compass data, The Spark programming can't work with the data conflict.
The solution is to drop data from one source and since the Phantom can't fly without a compass but can without GPS, it's the GPS data that gets dropped.

There have been some compass problems with Sparks lately or your issue may have been related to something you did.
I'd be curious about when and where you calibrated it and where you launched from as these may be relevant factors.
You can also see the flight data to learn more and perhaps solve the mystery of your incident.

Having only flown Atti mode once with spark , it's no different than any other dji drone, yes if your not used to it , it can be tricky and it helps to be in a good environment for flying.

If Spark didn't switch to Atti and drop gps it would be much more difficult to control, with conflict between compass and gps data.
2017-8-30
Use props
todoweb
lvl.2
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-30 09:24
Why would a compass error disable GPS?
Orientation (compass data) and position (GPS data) are different but related.
When the Spark is moving and getting position information from the GPS that tells the Spark that it is travelling in a different direction from what it's getting from compass data, The Spark programming can't work with the data conflict.

What I read is that the Sparkle made a flyaway after switching to ATTI mode. The support assumed responsibility for the reimbursement of the spark. There were several cases, immediately after the update.

As for my drone, I had 2 times the ATTI mode. Once I lost the drone. Another that I could report with difficulty, even the joysticks at 0, the drone continued to leave.

I think there is a problem with the GPS signal loss more also in ATTI mode control.

As soon as I have data, I will share.

I also search for a specific flight manual in ATTI mode.
2017-8-30
Use props
Sinclair48K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29409 ft
United Kingdom

I think this is the issue with lost sparks and attitude mode. The main issue of course being the loss of compass causing it to revert to atti mode, is this a bug or the environment? The spark seems to be more susceptible to it though so perhaps a bug or hardware problem. But the other problem is that once it's in atti mode it's very difficult to control if you even have the slightest wind or your are not used to craft in this mode, no wonder people talk about it flying off as if out of control.
2017-8-30
Use props
todoweb
lvl.2
Netherlands

Sinclair48K Posted at 2017-8-30 12:29
I think this is the issue with lost sparks and attitude mode. The main issue of course being the loss of compass causing it to revert to atti mode, is this a bug or the environment? The spark seems to be more susceptible to it though so perhaps a bug or hardware problem. But the other problem is that once it's in atti mode it's very difficult to control if you even have the slightest wind or your are not used to craft in this mode, no wonder people talk about it flying off as if out of control.

In ATTI mode, you should be able to control the drone without too much difficulty, even if you must have a certain habit. I drove a few drones in manual mode, I managed to make them fly.

With the Spark, it's really complicated, I'm not even sure it keeps the altitude. The switch between GPS / ATTI mode is violent. Moreover, the Spark very quickly loses the satellite.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For ATTI mode, GPS is not used for positioning, and the aircraft only uses its barometer to maintain altitude. So users need to be very careful when the drone enters to ATTI mode. For normal case, Spark will not have GPS managing problem, except the GPS module was failed, the drone needs to be sent in this case.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules