NEW RANDOM P4P Issues ( right after RC Fw Update)
1663 16 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
France

Hello Guys .

I encountered a couple of random issues that i never had with my P4  Pro before  ( barely had issues  with it since the purchase , but Again i NEVER ran an Update on it ) .

The Air Craft was pretty fine/ stable and very enjoyable as oposed to my P3 STD experience .
I had for the past few days the Remote Controler Firmware update notification ( that i ignored ) , i finally then updated the following :

Previous setup since ooo ( Out of the Box) :
BEFORE :
The RC  : Version 01.04.00.00+
The App : Version 4.1.5

AFTER ( now)
RC : 01.04.01.00
App : 4.1.7

And FINALLY An NFZ UPDATE that popped up on my screen was also done right after the RC UPDATE .

Since then , i had the following issues since yesterday morning :

- BEEPING remote control when powered ON with the Red LED flashing ( NEVER HAD THIS BEFORE )
- Aircraf Disconnect at 60meters  with MAX alitutude travel and flight reached /Unable to control the Aircraft /AC started FLYING AWAY when initiated RTH  ( NEVER HAD THIS BEFORE )
- Today , started a fly without issues and about 1km away at 100m alititude lost the signal and AC DISCONNECTED ( was flying on a PRivate RC PLANE are with NO interfefences or signal issues,  i have acheived 13kms round trip in that same spot location ) .

Those issues really really  made me mad since it was right after the FW update on the RC .
The scary part was the drone FLYING AWAY from me when i initiated the RTH , luckily , i was still low ( that 's the only thing the remote would do , go a bit lower and higher but very very slowy , no matter how far the stick were pushed all the way ...

I was on an empty field and able to walk to the AC , got it low enough and grab it /turn the engines off ...

Here are the steps i did in order :

**** BEEPING remote ( but still possible to FLY)  :

Turning OFF AC/ RC  and back on again                              --> FAILED to remove the BIP  
C1 C2 combo  key  re - assignment  + RC Re lync to the AC  --> FAILED to remove the BIP  
RC reset                                                                          --> FAILED to remove the BIP  
FW update and RC + AC reboot                                         --> FAILED to remove the BIP  
RC + AC rebooted on 4th attempt                                      --> BIP FINALLY STOPPED and i was able to fly without BEEPING SOUND

****AC Disconnect with MAX ALtitude and Flight  distance reached :

Grabbing the AC and turning of the power  , let it sat for 5 minutes , rebooting and was able to fly without issues .
* The RTH in the wrong direction did really scared me taugh **

****Random RC Disconnect on a safe area/ environment ***
Happened a couple of hours ago , initiated RTH and landed safely , haven't tried another fly yet .

Please note that :

--- i have near 200 flights and know my way around the APP so the details like :
    BEGINNER MODE /SET MAX  Altitude or Distance
    Antennas position / interferences / batteries level / Tablet or phone memory allocation .... were all CLEARED OUT Manually right after my UPDATES .     Went thru ALL calibrations as well ( IMU/Gimball/Remote ...)

Has anyone already encountered these symptoms before ? this is the VERY FIRST TIME for me having issues with my P4 P  ( RIGHT AFTER the only SW App  and Remote FW update )

I am very sad that this was GOING SOOOO WELL , i really enjoyed this P4P , but these issues rigght after  the RC update + NFZ updtes are really bothering , might not have anything to do with anything but ....  that's Sucks big time !!!

2017-8-30
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

BEEPING remote control when powered ON with the Red LED flashing

This happens to me quite frequently and I am not sure what causes it but it has something to do the the sticks. I normally turn the RC off, wobble the sticks around, then turn it on again and it is OK.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

As for the beeps, try to calibrate the RC.
For the MAX ALtitude and Flight distance reached, please try to restart the APP when the drone is hovering in an open area.
For the Random RC Disconnect issue, please try to fly the drone in different open areas, see if it is same. Besides, you can check the HD settings, try 5.8 G, or other channels.
2017-8-30
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-30 22:14

This happens to me quite frequently and I am not sure what causes it but it has something to do the the sticks. I normally turn the RC off, wobble the sticks around, then turn it on again and it is OK.

If beepeeng remote controler you nead simply recalibrate it. I have the same isue and recalibrating help me.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-30 22:14

Jenee, try to calibrate the RC, it should work.
2017-8-30
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

Diana, do you get perks from DJI? to tell everyone to re calibrate, shut off your controller mid flight? This is BS and everyone on this site knows it, just have DJI do the right thing and fix our issues.. I am so tired of this ,, I am fed up to tell you the truth..
2017-8-31
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-30 22:30
As for the beeps, try to calibrate the RC.
For the MAX ALtitude and Flight distance reached, please try to restart the APP when the drone is hovering in an open area.
For the Random RC Disconnect issue, please try to fly the drone in different open areas, see if it is same. Besides, you can check the HD settings, try 5.8 G, or other channels.

Thank you for your feedback , i had to restart both devices after another RC calibration, performed a long range flight , worked just fine , i don’t know what happened but for now it is working .
P.S i also did a factory reset on the AC using Dji Assistant 2 on my mac .
2017-8-31
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-8-30 22:32
If beepeeng remote controler you nead simply recalibrate it. I have the same isue and recalibrating help me.

Thank you , i ve done it a couple of times but i t came back , worked the third time after reseting the AC thru Dji Assistant 2 . thanks buddy .
2017-8-31
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

hdlou94 Posted at 2017-8-31 02:51
Diana, do you get perks from DJI? to tell everyone to re calibrate, shut off your controller mid flight? This is BS and everyone on this site knows it, just have DJI do the right thing and fix our issues.. I am so tired of this ,, I am fed up to tell you the truth..

I totally agree with this comment ( a bit Abrasive i know and would have said it differently) but sometimes the responses , advices are making us think like we are just super dumb or haven’t tried the basic commons same on first troubleshooting steps that my 12years old boy do on his own before even read on  online forums , that is very sad , but just the way it is .
2017-8-31
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-30 22:29

Thanks Diana. I have done the calibration. Will have to wait and see after flying if the problem has gone.
2017-8-31
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 2017-8-31 03:52
I totally agree with this comment ( a bit Abrasive i know and would have said it differently) but sometimes the responses , advices are making us think like we are just super dumb or haven’t tried the basic commons same on first troubleshooting steps that my 12years old boy do on his own before even read on  online forums , that is very sad , but just the way it is .

sorry for the abrasive replies, but sometimes you have to say it the way it is,, when you finally reach that point sometimes crap falls from the lips of fed up people,, but thank you for the comment.. maybe someday DJI will final listen to us....
2017-9-1
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

hdlou94 Posted at 2017-9-1 02:37
sorry for the abrasive replies, but sometimes you have to say it the way it is,, when you finally reach that point sometimes crap falls from the lips of fed up people,, but thank you for the comment.. maybe someday DJI will final listen to us....

You are welcome, no problems , i deeply understand how you/  most of us can feel sometimes ,
2017-9-4
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

hdlou94 Posted at 2017-9-1 02:37

I feel the same way.

I don't mean to be a jerk or abrasive ... it's just I am out of options here, at the total mercy of DJI.

It does get frustrating, and it is not the DJI employees or advocates that I am directing any of this to. So hopefully they understand that.

I will add ... if I had never opened up my Inspire 2 for the first time, and had that UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING life experience, I would not care so much about getting it fixed. So that is a compliment DJI. You guys make UNBELIEVABLE products, and for those of us that have seen that side of it, we are losing our minds with what we have now due to firmware.

Not sure if you meant to blow us away like that ... but the latest firmware was complete opposite of that "blown away" experience.

Please forgive me for continuing to push this issue. My heart is broken right now.

Thank you.
2017-9-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Critical comments about the DJI reps is plain stupid and outright cruel.  They are trying to do the best they can.  I don't know how they can keep their cool dealing with so
many smartass idiots.
2017-9-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-30 22:29

I did the RC calibration and had 3 or 4 flights without the problem but it is back again now with the beeping RC controller when it is turned on.  The only way I can get around it is to turn the RC off, wiggle the sticks and then turn it on again. Sometimes it works the first time but sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-10 21:55
I did the RC calibration and had 3 or 4 flights without the problem but it is back again now with the beeping RC controller when it is turned on.  The only way I can get around it is to turn the RC off, wiggle the sticks and then turn it on again. Sometimes it works the first time but sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.

Is there any physical damage on the RC? It seems one of the sticks is hard to be centered, looks like a hardware problem since it can't be resolved by the RC calibration. I would recommend you send the RC in for diagnosis and repair,
2017-9-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-11 00:47
Is there any physical damage on the RC? It seems one of the sticks is hard to be centered, looks like a hardware problem since it can't be resolved by the RC calibration. I would recommend you send the RC in for diagnosis and repair,

Thanks for your response Diana.
There is no damage to the RC and it has never been dropped. It has had this problem since I got it. It has already been to a repair centre when I had to have other issues fixed on the P4Pro. I am not even sure if they checked the RC as I had to relink when I received everything back.
There does not appear to be any problem with the sticks and they are perfectly centered. As it happens only intermittently at this time, I will just put up with it.
Perhaps an RC firmware update may fix it in the future.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules