DJI Go in French
3131 31 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Hey, it has been asked a lot on DJI GO's Play Store page but nothing changed...

iOS users have the app in French but not the android users. It has been like that for months.
All it would take is 10min of the developpers' time to copy paste the translation from the iOS version to the android version.

Could a moderator or anyone bring this to the devs? Since they don't seem to read the reviews on the Play Store...

Thanks

2017-8-30
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm actually a certified French to English - English to French translator - DJI, I can do that for you easily - translated many Apps in the past as well as my own Apps... So yeah, if the dev team wants to get someone to do proper translation for their Android App, I can do that
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the feedback, I'll forward this request to our engineers. Hope that we will add French version on Android devices.
2017-8-30
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

@chalde: merci, mais je saurais le faire aussi (je l'ai déjà fait pour d'autres applications). La traduction est déjà faite sur iOS, il suffit juste de copier coller dans la version Android.

@DJI Thor: thanks a lot
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
Hong Kong

Hi Samoth, sorry about the delay in implementing a French version of DJI GO for Android. We are in the process of doing a total review of Android DJI GO in English, after which we will be translating it into French and several other languages. We have in-house translators that will do it. We plan to release the French version in the next month or two if all goes according to plan. Thanks for your feedback and patience, and thanks for supporting DJI.
2017-9-3
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Ranen Posted at 2017-9-3 18:47
Hi Samoth, sorry about the delay in implementing a French version of DJI GO for Android. We are in the process of doing a total review of Android DJI GO in English, after which we will be translating it into French and several other languages. We have in-house translators that will do it. We plan to release the French version in the next month or two if all goes according to plan. Thanks for your feedback and patience, and thanks for supporting DJI.

Hello, it has been 4 months that you said "next month or two", why does it take so long to copy paste the French translation from iOS to Android? It should take only several minutes...
2018-1-1
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-30 20:26
Thanks for the feedback, I'll forward this request to our engineers. Hope that we will add French version on Android devices.

Hello, DJI Renen seem to be on vacation...
Could you check for the French translation please?
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Samoth Posted at 2018-1-8 01:19
Hello, DJI Renen seem to be on vacation...
Could you check for the French translation please?

Sorry for keeping you waiting, I don't have the related news about the French version on Android devices, but since our engineers mentioned this, I will inform our engineers and see if we could speed up the process. Thank you so much for your patience.
2018-1-8
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

Thanks for your help
2018-1-9
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Sorry for keeping you waiting, we are planning French version.Please wait patiently.
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Samoth Posted at 2018-1-9 03:04
Thanks for your help

Hi Samoth, the post in 10# in from our developers, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-15
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 03:08
Hi Samoth, the post in 10# in from our developers, appreciate your patience.

Hi, it has been 7 months that I created this thread (if I count well) and still no French.
People have been asking for French way before me and all it would take is several minutes from a dev...

Is it possible to wake them up?
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Samoth Posted at 2018-4-2 07:51
Hi, it has been 7 months that I created this thread (if I count well) and still no French.
People have been asking for French way before me and all it would take is several minutes from a dev...

Sorry Samoth, our development team is still working on it, please note the future APP update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-4-3
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

Hello, still nothing with today's update...

People have been asking a french translation at least since December 2016 (look on the Play Store page: many bad reviews are because of French that is missing)
I've created this post 10 months ago and today nothing has changed.
Worse: I saw a new review on the Play Store, a guy contacted DJI about a french translation and they answered him that nothing was planned for the months to come.

I already worked on a translation from English to French for an app. When we were over with the translation, it took minutes to update the app on both iOS and Android. And I'm not talking about a team of professional developers, I'm talking about an amateur dev who works alone and doesn't earn much. Here, the translation is already done, all it needs is a copy paste to the Android version.

So, do I have to understand that in one year, devs from a company we paid a lot for a drone (or several ones) don't have few minutes of their time for this?

I know you mods have nothing to do with the devs, it's not your fault, but you are the only intermediate between us, users, and them
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Samoth Posted at 2018-5-21 07:28
Hello, still nothing with today's update...

People have been asking a french translation at least since December 2016 (look on the Play Store page: many bad reviews are because of French that is missing)

Samoth, we could understand your frustration and I also feel the same way, but what I get from our engineers is they are still working on it, we will forward your frustration again, hope it will be available soon.
2018-5-21
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

Hello, me again

Today, there was an update: they added Spanish language to the app. I believe they didn't receive your message to suggest to add French too. They had the opportunity to do it and the translation is already made (since it has been available on iOS for more than a year)
2018-6-11
Use props
IMAGENCE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 601834 ft
Switzerland

Même si l'anglais est très répandu dans le monde de l'informatique et de la communication, pas tout le monde le maîtrise. Concernant votre domaine, il y a un enjeu supplémentaire: la sécurité.

Si on ne maîtrise pas la langue de l'interface utilisateur, ça devient compliqué pour rester intuitif et réactif lors de l'utilisation d'un drone. Cela ajoute un stress inutile à une activité qui en génère déjà un certain niveau avec tous les paramètres qui demandent une attention permanente ainsi que les différentes alertes qui peuvent s'afficher en vol.

Disposer d'une interface dans la langue que l'on maîtrise n'est pas un luxe, c'est une nécessité. Merci d'en prendre bonne note et d'y remédier dans les meilleurs délais.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

IMAGENCE Posted at 2018-6-25 01:57
Même si l'anglais est très répandu dans le monde de l'informatique et de la communication, pas tout le monde le maîtrise. Concernant votre domaine, il y a un enjeu supplémentaire: la sécurité.

Si on ne maîtrise pas la langue de l'interface utilisateur, ça devient compliqué pour rester intuitif et réactif lors de l'utilisation d'un drone. Cela ajoute un stress inutile à une activité qui en génère déjà un certain niveau avec tous les paramètres qui demandent une attention permanente ainsi que les différentes alertes qui peuvent s'afficher en vol.

We totally understand, our engineers are working on it but we don't have the estimated date, your need will be forwarded to our engineer again to attention, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-6-25
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-25 02:41
We totally understand, our engineers are working on it but we don't have the estimated date, your need will be forwarded to our engineer again to attention, sorry for the inconvenience.

That's not what another user has been told: that there is no French version planed for now.

I don't really understand since it's already made (on iOS)
2018-6-25
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

IMAGENCE Posted at 2018-6-25 01:57

Si on ne maîtrise pas la langue de l'interface utilisateur, ça devient compliqué pour rester intuitif et réactif lors de l'utilisation d'un drone. Cela ajoute un stress inutile à une activité qui en génère déjà un certain niveau avec tous les paramètres qui demandent une attention permanente ainsi que les différentes alertes qui peuvent s'afficher en vol.

On pourrait dire ça pour toutes les langues alors.
Mais ici, ce que je ne comprends pas, c'est que ça fait plus d'un an que c'est en français sur la version iOS, il ne suffirait que de copier coller sur la version android
2018-6-25
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

One year and a month after this thread... Nothing changed.
And it has been maybe 2 years that French has been available on the iOS version...
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Samoth Posted at 11-4 03:31
One year and a month after this thread... Nothing changed.
And it has been maybe 2 years that French has been available on the iOS version...

We are really sorry that the French is still not available in Android device, we have pushed our engineers again and hope it will be available soon.
2018-11-4
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-4 19:00
We are really sorry that the French is still not available in Android device, we have pushed our engineers again and hope it will be available soon.

Thank you Mindy. If engineers were as quick as you are, it would be done by now...
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Samoth Posted at 11-4 22:40
Thank you Mindy. If engineers were as quick as you are, it would be done by now...

I understand your frustration, really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-11-5
Use props
djiuser_yllmLUAFSvBw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457690 ft
France

Samoth Posted at 2018-6-25 04:34
On pourrait dire ça pour toutes les langues alors.
Mais ici, ce que je ne comprends pas, c'est que ça fait plus d'un an que c'est en français sur la version iOS, il ne suffirait que de copier coller sur la version android

Il existe une version FR traduite par des passionnées du groupe facebook Mavic Free flight France.
2019-1-8
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

djiuser_yllmLUAFSvBw Posted at 1-8 13:12
Il existe une version FR traduite par des passionnées du groupe facebook Mavic Free flight France.

Une version modifiée de DJI Go?
J'ai été voir, c'est un groupe fermé avec lettre de motivation pour pouvoir entrer (enfin presque)...

Puis je préfère avoir la version officielle, qui est mise à jour via le Play Store.

Mais c'est à DJI de mettre la traduction française : ça fait plusieurs années que c'est fait sur iOS et toujours rien sur Android...
Pas professionnel du tout (par contre, le prix du drone était pro, lui...)
2019-1-8
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

Will we reach one more year without a proper translation in French?
Thank god it's one of DJI's top priorities!
2019-4-21
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

Almost 2 years aniversary of my post! And still nothing...
During more than 2 years (because it has been asked before I did) the devs couldn't find the time to achieve a task that should take minutes... Maybe it would be time to hire devs that actually work?

Common, it's clearly that they don't give a sh*t, which is outrageous when you consider that DJI makes high end (at high costs...) drones...
@DJI Mindy
@DJI Thor
@DJI-Ranen@DJI Mindy  
2019-8-25
Use props
domi13690
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5620 ft
France

Bonjour,
Je viens de m'offrir un mavic pro platinum, mais a ma grande surprise pas de français dans DJI GO 4 ??? Que faites vous DJI ?
2019-12-17
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

So... The Mavic Mini is out with a brand new app that includes French language.
I created this thread 2 years ago, at that time, people were already asking since a year, whist iOS version already had French.

What are you playing at? Devs can't find several minutes in years?
Premium drones maybe, but certainly not premium services
2019-12-29
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

French please?
Can't find 2 minutes in years to do it?
2020-2-11
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

So, I just sold my Mavic Pro, I won't ask for French translation anymore, since I don't need the app.

But for the sake of others, please put the translation, it's becoming ridiculous: in years, nothing changed...
2020-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules