Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost my 2.4/5.8 and Sport mode
12Next >
2516 51 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madwand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

Just got off the phone with DJI after having this mind boggling conversation.

I told him I just switched from Samsung S7 to a iPad mini 4 to control the Spark with my RC.  
I told him since the switch I had, but lost the ability to chose from 2.4 or 5.8, now only 2.4 shows.
I told him my Sport switch no longer does anything either for the drone or on the screen.

He checks with "the experts" and then comes back and tells me that the 2.4 or 5.8 option doesn't work with an iPad.
He then tells me that I CAN ONLY USE SPORT MODE WITH THE RC.  

To be clear, he is saying that you can only use the RC by itself to use sport mode.

So I asked him to turn on Youtube and watch hundreds of people use sport mode with devides attached to their RCs. Besides the fact that I was doing it yesterday with my Samsung S7.

He just kept repeating the same thing, so I hung up and came here...is this part of the language barrier?  Is the 5.8 option only available with the wifi-RC, not with the OTG?  When I disconnect the OTG and go wifi, I see the 5.8.  That seems to be the reason I lose the 5.8, simple as that.

Now the second guy I'm talking to is telling me that iOS is not capable of operating at 5.8...my understanding is that the dron and the RC talk to each other in either 2.4 or 5.8 and that the RC and the mobile device talk to each otehr on a different wifi signal.  Maybe I'm wrong there.  But I do not see what the mobile device I'm using has to do with the signal the RC and drone are communicating with.  This would all make sence if I had said I was trying to fly the drone with only an iPad, but I am only using the iPad to see what the drone sees...

2017-8-30
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

But you have the best option 2.4!... Gives you more range...
Sport mode!!! strange...

Reset the RC!...
2017-8-30
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

I don't want the more range option, I want the better signal option since I seem to be surrounded by power transformers.  But the silly thing is that you can't use the better signal option (5.8) when you are using the better signal connection method (OTG).  Anyway, still no Sport mode...DJI was unable to tell me of any way to reset the RC, unless you mean to reset the wifi, which I could try, might as well while I'm reinstalling all the software and refreshing the firmware...
2017-8-30
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Refreshed my firmware, nothing changed.  Deleted and reinstalled my app.  Nothing changed.  Switched back to my Samsung and hit the Sport button, got this message
"Not allowed to switch aircraft mode.  If needed, enable it in main controller settings."  Well, that's nice, if I only knew where to find that setting...you'd think a DJI tech support person might know this, but nope...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4h4z4 ... 830-144545.png?dl=0
So apparently, here's the answer:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/cant-engage-sport-mode.2776/

Now if I could just find that setting.  I've seen it before, but don't see it now.  Only thing under Main Controller Settings" --> "Multiple Flight Modes" is Beginner mode.
2017-8-30
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Portugal

Madwand Posted at 2017-8-30 11:12
I don't want the more range option, I want the better signal option since I seem to be surrounded by power transformers.  But the silly thing is that you can't use the better signal option (5.8) when you are using the better signal connection method (OTG).  Anyway, still no Sport mode...DJI was unable to tell me of any way to reset the RC, unless you mean to reset the wifi, which I could try, might as well while I'm reinstalling all the software and refreshing the firmware...

you are using OTG...
So first you have to connect with wifi and select 5.8 and channel. when done connect OTG and tablet in flymode.
2017-8-30
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Hour 5 dealing with these people on the phone.  This guy does not know what "Multiple Flight Modes" means.  He tells me to click the icon that looks like a remote controller and brings up "intelligent flight modes."  I tell him that's not what I said.  I am looking for the Multiple Flight Modes option to switch between P mode and S mode.  He tells me it should automatically awitch when you flip the Sport switch...He then starts asking me if I see the word sport on top of the screen...really?  I don't think the level 1 support at DJI has ever seen a drone in their lives.
2017-8-30
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

lafoto Posted at 2017-8-30 12:29
you are using OTG...
So first you have to connect with wifi and select 5.8 and channel. when done connect OTG and tablet in flymode.

Ok, I'll try that, but I really don't care any more since I can't get the thing to fly more than 5 mph.
2017-8-30
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Portugal

Madwand Posted at 2017-8-30 11:53
Refreshed my firmware, nothing changed.  Deleted and reinstalled my app.  Nothing changed.  Switched back to my Samsung and hit the Sport button, got this message
"Not allowed to switch aircraft mode.  If needed, enable it in main controller settings."  Well, that's nice, if I only knew where to find that setting...you'd think a DJI tech support person might know this, but nope...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4h4z4 ... 830-144545.png?dl=0

Can't find it anymore!...

gone

gone
2017-8-30
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Portugal

Now is this (android)

gone

gone
2017-8-30
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

lafoto Posted at 2017-8-30 12:49
Can't find it anymore!...

Yep, I don't have that multiple flight modes. The 2nd picture is what mine looks like.  WHY??
2017-8-30
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Portugal

Madwand Posted at 2017-8-30 13:55
Yep, I don't have that multiple flight modes. The 2nd picture is what mine looks like.  WHY??

but we had it!...
So it was in the last version of the APP!...
2017-8-30
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Hour 8 on the phone with them...I tell her, "Not allowed to switch aircraft mode.  If needed, enable it in main controller settings." and that I cannot enter Sport mode.  She wants me to fly the drone and push the  intelligent flight modes to see if they work...so I start flying the drone and I tell her I can't because of the gimbal overload error and some gimbal level error or something like that, so now she has me doing an IMU calibration...so I had to hang up with her to do it and now I've been calibrating my IMU for almost an hour now, on page 3.  

I hear some people actually get to fly their drones.
The IMU calibration never did go past the 3rd page and the battery died.
2017-8-30
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Day 2 on the phone with DJI customer support.  The wait time is pretty long today, there was none yesterday.  Maybe people are starting to have this No Sport Mode problem. This guy seems like he may actually be listening to what I tell him, unlike the rest who are just reading from a help book.  I got him to admit there is supposed to be a "Multiple Flight Modes" under the main menu.  He asked if I did an IMU calibration, I said I tried but the battery doesn't last long enough.  He's checking with the "experts" now.  Now he says there is not supposed to be the word SPORT on the top status bar like there used to be.  He says it switches automatically and you will not see anything.  That's probably news to anyone else who is actually getting sports mode.  So he made me do a joystick calibration to be sure the RC was responding.  Then he tells me I have to send in my RC.  He doesn't seem concerned about  "Not allowed to switch aircraft mode.  If needed, enable it in main controller settings."  Boxed it up and applied their label, UPS tomorrow...
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation fulfilled us with regret, sincerely sorry for this. Please try to connect the mobile device and RC via WiFi and check if you can select 2.4/5.8 GHz. Then I have to say, there is NO enable Multiple Flight Mode on the app for Spark, when you switch to Sport mode, the icon of intelligent flight will disappear, you can confirm that. I will report your experience to our manager to keep improve the technical support of our voice call. Sorry again for this case, thanks for your feedback and kindness.
2017-9-3
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

The item you sent to DJI for exchange has been received. Your case No. is:

CAS-950705-XXXXXX

And your exchange is expected to be sent to you in five to seven business days. Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI Go app to view the exchange progress.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Madwand Posted at 2017-9-11 12:20
The item you sent to DJI for exchange has been received. Your case No. is:

CAS-950705-XXXXXX

Just checked your case, yes, it has been received, this case is under process now, our engineers will assess the drone soon, we will keep you updated. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know, we'd like to check it for you.
2017-9-12
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

So you are telling me that when DJI says, "your exchange is expected to be sent to you in five to seven business days," it's just a meaningless message to tell me they have it, but haven't even looked at it.

And it's not the drone, it's the remote.  They told me not to return the drone, just the remote.
2017-9-14
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

CAS-1048069-Q9D5C1 CRM:0674000001464

Just got the NEW remote back from DJI after waiting a month for them to replace it because the SPORT button was not doing anything.

Fired up the new remote and paired it with the Spark.  Did not attach a device.  Flew it in normal mode across the yard, ok.
Switched it to Sport mode, flew it across the yard, no change, still in normal mode.  Still in obstacle avoidance.  Still getting the Multiple Flight Modes error I was getting before.

If I hadn't bought a pile of accessories, I'd return it.  So now that I'm stuck with it, now what?

sport.jpg
2017-9-30
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Ok, so back on the phone with tech support trying to find someone who will admit there is a thing called Multiple Flight Modes...30 minutes on the phone and transferred to three people.  The last one will not listen, as usual.  She tells me she knows what Multiple Flight Modes is but then goes on to ignore it and tells me if I want to use Sport mode there will not be any obstacle avoidance, which I already know, but is not addressing the problem.  Then she tells me 4 times that I have to enable gesture control mode and obstacle avoidance.  4 times.  Then she says she's sorry, I have to DISABLE them both for Sport mode to work.

So I think this person doesn't have a clue what she's talking about.  Does anyone else have to go into the menu and disable these things when they want to flip the Sport mode switch on the RC?  I never had to before.  But I had enough of her, so I said I would try it.  Went outside, booted everything up, disabled gesture control mode and obstacle avoidance and then flipped the Sport mode button.  

"Not allowed to switch aircraft mode.  If needed, enable it in main controller settings."  Yeah, exactly what I expected.  Back to the phone...
2017-10-2
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Now they're telling me to send the Spark AND the new remote back for another month of delays.
I bought this on 8-13-2017, received it on 8-16-2017. Developed this problem on 8-30-2017, within the 14 day return period.  
On 8-31-2017 DJI finally authorized a return of the RC and then screwed around with it until 9-30-2017 when I got it back.  

Now that it has been entirely DJI's fault that I have not had the use of this thing since it was returnable, they now tell me I cannot return it.  
Didn't expect any better behavior from you DJI, way to be consistent!
Packing it up again.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-2 09:06
Now they're telling me to send the Spark AND the new remote back for another month of delays.
I bought this on 8-13-2017, received it on 8-16-2017. Developed this problem on 8-30-2017, within the 14 day return period.  
On 8-31-2017 DJI finally authorized a return of the RC and then screwed around with it until 9-30-2017 when I got it back.  

I am sorry, Spark doesn't have the multi-flight mode switch buttom. If you cannot reach to Sport mode, firstly, could you mind providing me with the RC picture that you received? How about switching to Sport mode after taking off? Besides, please try to refresh the firmware of the drone and RC, make sure all of them are all in the latest version. For the tech support, I will forward this case to the designated department and improve the tech service. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-10-2
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-2 20:27
I am sorry, Spark doesn't have the multi-flight mode switch buttom. If you cannot reach to Sport mode, firstly, could you mind providing me with the RC picture that you received? How about switching to Sport mode after taking off? Besides, please try to refresh the firmware of the drone and RC, make sure all of them are all in the latest version. For the tech support, I will forward this case to the designated department and improve the tech service. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

I don't know what you meant by your first sentence, you spelled something wrong.  If you meant BUTTON, I never said there was supposed to be a button.  It is supposed to be in the menu.

This is the error I get because it is not switched on:

Mine used to look like that and now it looks like this:

The setting is clearly missing now.
Switch after taking off...that is what I am doing.  It doesn't work.
I've already stated many times that all firmware and software is updated.
Now that you are well aware that there is supposed to be a Multiple Flight Modes setting and you can see that I don't have it, I would appreciate if you actually addressed that, as I asked in the message you replied to (in red), instead of defaulting to standard Level 1 tech support nonsense.  This has been stated and restated multiple times in this thread and you constantly refuse to address it.

2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-3 10:23
I don't know what you meant by your first sentence, you spelled something wrong.  If you meant BUTTON, I never said there was supposed to be a button.  It is supposed to be in the menu.
[/img]

Sir, I believe that Thor refers the switch button of RC, as you can see there is a button with the letter of Sport(between two sticks). Have you tried to toggle the button to the right side after take-off? If it does not work, please upload a short video of this, we'd look into the exact status. Appreciate your patience and cooperation.
2017-10-4
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Really?  You have to switch the button that says sport?
I stated in the 4th sentence in this thread that the BUTTON is what I have switched and it does not work, except it's not a button, it's a switch.  It would really help if someone would actually read the thread before talking to me like I'm stupid.  There is nothing else I can post, if you would just look at the pictures I've already posted.  And once again, you have ignored the issue of MULTIPLE FLIGHT MODES.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-4 08:53
Really?  You have to switch the button that says sport?
I stated in the 4th sentence in this thread that the BUTTON is what I have switched and it does not work, except it's not a button, it's a switch.  It would really help if someone would actually read the thread before talking to me like I'm stupid.  There is nothing else I can post, if you would just look at the pictures I've already posted.  And once again, you have ignored the issue of MULTIPLE FLIGHT MODES.

I am sorry for the late reply. As I had mentioned twice above, Spark doesn't have this option on the app, it is not missing. For this case, would you mind telling me that is the drone flying with OTG cable? Besides, could you please provide me with the screenshot of About on General Settings, operations before the message comes out, and export the flight data from the drone, upload it to Dropbox and paste the link here so I can forward your case to our engineers to confirm? Sorry for the inconvenience, appreciate your help.  
2017-10-4
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

I don't know how many times a "tech" can possibly get something so wrong.  I never once said that I thought you could switch to sports mode from the app, it is absolutely amazing the level of incompetence I am dealing with here.

THE SPORT MODE SWITCH IS ON THE REMOTE

THE SPORT MODE WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT MULTIPLE FLIGHT MODES SELECTED IN THE APP

I DO NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO SELECT MFM IN MY MENU.

Why are you asking me about OTG cables?  It is irrelevant, but no I am not using it. Why don't you look at the pictures I've already posted instead of constantly asking for more crap that is irrelevant?

Now that you are well aware that there is supposed to be a Multiple Flight Modes setting and you can see that I don't have it, I would appreciate if you actually addressed that. This has been stated and restated multiple times in this thread and you constantly refuse to address it.  How many times have I asked now?
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-5 05:27
I don't know how many times a "tech" can possibly get something so wrong.  I never once said that I thought you could switch to sports mode from the app, it is absolutely amazing the level of incompetence I am dealing with here.

THE SPORT MODE SWITCH IS ON THE REMOTE

I do not know why you insist that there is a Multiple Flight Mode option in Spark which doesn't exist in fact. See my picture attached below. For Spark, the pilot can simply switch the RC to Sport mode. It is abnormal to have the message like you posted above, for investigating this, we really want you to send back the flight data on the drone. For the OTG cable, we would like do the troubleshooting first. Very appreciate your understanding. MC settings.jpg
MC settings 2.jpg
2017-10-9
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

All I wanted was someone to address the issue since multiple people told me it was required. You are the first person to tell me it is NOT required after a month and a half of asking for clarification on it.

I don't have any flight data to send because the drone and rc have been at dji most of the duration of this thread.  You do, however, have my image showing that Sport Mode requires switching something in main controller settings. You still refuse to address that.  And NO, this was not with OTG cable.
2017-10-9
Use props
fans733a941e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132287 ft
Germany

Ich hab das gleiche Problem!!!
2017-10-13
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Case No:        CAS-1060303-J2F0H0
DJI Care Balance:        
Quote Date:        10-13-17
Remarks:        [Non warranty Repair] User stick command error FLY008 1. Unit was in P-GPS mode and was responsive to RC input; 2. At t=912s, relative height=144m, unit recorded external impact, then rolled over and fell. 3. User rolled right until impacting with large building. User then landed unit. Incident date:2017/10/04 Incident GPS location:41.8915071 -87.6119574 Conclusion: User stick command error. Impact in air is the root cause of user issue. [Non warranty Repair]

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Gimbal and Camera Module        1        112.00        112.00
Aircraft Main Board        1        176.00        176.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        288.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        288.00

2. At t=912s, relative height=144m, unit recorded external impact, then rolled over and fell.
So I hit something at 144m in the air?  That never happened.

3. User rolled right until impacting with large building.
Then I hit a large building?  No, I've never even flown it around buildings.  And I landed it after all that?  I don't know whose data you are reading, but it sure ain't mine.  But now I've got a $288 ransom to pay.  

Incident date:2017/10/04
I wasn't even in possession of it at this time, it was in the mail to DJI!!! It was in the UPS store October 3rd.

Incident GPS location:41.8915071 -87.6119574
This is in Chicago, I live in Louisiana and have never been there in my life!!!

Thanks DJI scammers.

2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-13 14:59
DJI Care Balance:        

You have my sincerely sorry for your situation. I had checked your case, the drone was at the UPS store on October 3rd. I will forward your case to the designated department to look into. Will have someone to contact you soon. Feel terribly sorry for this case, please don't pay for the repair at the moment.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-10-13
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25791 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-13 20:01
You have my sincerely sorry for your situation. I had checked your case, the drone was at the UPS store on October 3rd. I will forward your case to the designated department to look into. Will have someone to contact you soon. Feel terribly sorry for this case, please don't pay for the repair at the moment.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

lol, i'm honestly just reading these threads for comedic value.  May I inquire about getting a technical support job at DJI?  Is the pay good?  I would love to work at a company that has absolutely no idea how to operate but still pays me.
2017-10-14
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-13 14:59
DJI Care Balance:        

Man you are getting screwed lol

I am too, badly, so the laugh is out of disbelief.
2017-10-14
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

To top it off, I initiated this complaint while it was still in the 14 day return period and they refused to honor it, although it has been them screwing me around for the past month and a half.
2017-10-14
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-14 09:12
To top it off, I initiated this complaint while it was still in the 14 day return period and they refused to honor it, although it has been them screwing me around for the past month and a half.

Do you still have the drone?

If so, try this...

Try turning off the obstacle avoidance sensors. then turn sport mode on and off and on....basically you are just testing to see if sport mode will work with obstacle avoidance off.    I have a phantom 4 pro...however, DJI is all messed up.  They suck at overall communication in general....including FIRMWARE upgrades.  

On my Phantom 4 Pro...if I have obstacle avoidance on and I manually switch to sport mode...it warns me that obstacle avoidance will no longer work.  

I think you're running into a problem here between these two options.  I dont own a spark, so I'm not sure.

BTW, the reason why they reported a crash in Chicago or whatever is because they shipped you back someone elses drone that they refurbished and they didn't clear the flight log..  They are allowed to do this per their contract though.  99.9% of the time you avoid sending it into DJI because you will get back someone elses broken drone that they didnt fix right.  I have a thread a couple below this one and this just happened to me...
2017-10-14
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

No, I don't have the drone, I sent it to them on the 3rd.  So it is not data from my drone they used, it was someone else's, as the incident the referred to was the day after I mailed it.
2017-10-14
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

Created at:        Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 7:19 PM (Delivered after 64 seconds)

Subject:        CAS-1101337-C9K7Z2 CRM:0674000001613

Dear customer,
Your concerns were addressed to a supervisor's level.
A member of our supervisor team will be in contact via phone within 24 hours of this email. (excludes weekends and holidays)
We thank you for your patience while we look into your request.
Thank you for your support of DJI!
DJI North America Supervisor Team

Dependable as ever...
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Madwand Posted at 2017-10-17 16:31
Created at:        Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 7:19 PM (Delivered after 64 seconds)

Please allow some time to our supervisor to review your case, your patience will be highly appreciated.
2017-10-17
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

So what you're saying is when you say 24 hours, you don't really mean 24 hours.  I'm so sorry for not knowing that.  Do you realize I started this case in AUGUST?  I think I've been plenty patient.

But they did call and said they are now starting the diagnosis over again and they are puzzled over how they could have used the wrong person's data.
2017-10-18
Use props
Madwand
Second Officer
United States

So 4 days ago I got the "corrected" diagnosis I had requested.  I'll bet anyone reading this would be shocked if DJI provided the correct information at this point. No luck, they sent me the exact same wrong information with a discounted price for being so incompetent. That's great, but I'd like to know what I did to need repairs.

Oct 19, 2017, 5:16 PM
Dear Customer,

You repair service of SPARK has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via Paypal.

Invoice

Customer:        'xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Case No:        CAS-1060303-J2F0H0
DJI Care Balance:       
Quote Date:        10-19-17
Remarks:        [Non warranty Repair] User stick command error FLY008 1. Unit was in P-GPS mode and was responsive to RC input; 2. At t=912s, relative height=144m, unit recorded external impact, then rolled over and fell. 3. User rolled right until impacting with large building. User then landed unit. Incident date:2017/10/04 Incident GPS location:41.8915071 -87.6119574 Conclusion: User stick command error. Impact in air is the root cause of user issue. [Non warranty Repair]

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Aircraft Main Board        1        176.00        176.00
Gimbal and Camera Module        1        112.00        112.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        288.00
Discount:                        -72.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        216.00

So I called immediately and told them they were still using wrong information and at this point I have no confidence they are charging me for MY repair. I went ahead and paid it because I'm never going to get my drone back if I don't. I still haven't gotten a reply, but I assume that's because I paid and they have no reason to explain themselves now.
2017-10-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules