Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Inspire 1 v2.0 odd issues
1037 6 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhoppes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

So I've had some really odd issues here and looking for advice:

First, out of the box the thing wanted to fly backwards... I determined the sticks were calibrated as if they thought the back stick was 18% back.  It took me about 4 or 5 times to calibrate it before it "stuck" and would remember it through a controller reboot.

Once that was taken care of the Inspire 1 has been flying OK except for the following issues:

1) MAX DISTANCE:
Despite un-installing and re-installing the app, restarting things, turning the max distance setting on/off/changing it I can't get beyond 1,600ft.  Sometimes it is limiting me to about 150ft, even though the setting is set to 3000m.  

2)  CONTROL ISSUES
When the controller signal to the drone gets weak, say if I was in a bank making a turn, the drone will go into a spin  even if I leave off the control until it regains the RC signal or loses it completely.

3) COMPASS ERROR
When traveling at a high speed (around 22MPH) I will sometimes get a compass error flashing on and off between "GPS" on the top of my screen.

2017-8-30
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

We are having control issues as well. Because the RC and HD signals are complete garbage now, we often find ourselves "over-steering" back and forth trying to align the camera. It has been a bit embarrassing in front of other people.
2017-8-30
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.3
United States

My issue isn't an over steering issue - it's just that if I'm in a turn and the signal starts to drop off the bird goes all crazy rather than just staying put like the Phantom does.
2017-8-30
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-8-30 18:45
My issue isn't an over steering issue - it's just that if I'm in a turn and the signal starts to drop off the bird goes all crazy rather than just staying put like the Phantom does.

That's weird. Are you seeing this through the FPV cam, VLOS or from gimbal cam?
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mhoppes, please try the suggestion in your previous thread post by Donnie, he is quite knowledgeable.
Here are some suggestions from my experience:
1. Have you updated your APP to the latest version? Does this issue happen when you change another battery or randomly?
2. Please make sure the GPS signal is strong. It would be better if you could change another RC for test. Or please check the Sensitivity and Gain in Main Controller Settings-- Advanced Settings, you can try to reduce the sensitivity of Yaw movement limit.
3. When the compass is interfered significantly, A-mode will be enabled though multiple satellites are detected. Please calibrate compass before the flight when you change a new place every time.
Hope these suggestions may help you.
2017-8-31
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.3
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-30 19:11
That's weird. Are you seeing this through the FPV cam, VLOS or from gimbal cam?

The gimble cam (so it could be the gimble spinning, I haven't observed the bird itself)
2017-8-31
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 01:40
Mhoppes, please try the suggestion in your previous thread post by Donnie, he is quite knowledgeable.
Here are some suggestions from my experience:
1. Have you updated your APP to the latest version? Does this issue happen when you change another battery or randomly?

1) The app is updated.  Yes, it seems incredibly random.  It does not seem to matter which battery I use.

2) I've got 14 GPS receivers being seen by the aircraft.  Why would adjusting the sensitivity or yaw affect what the aircraft does if the controller signal gets garbled?  It should stop moving, not start performing odd maneuvers.

3) I have tried calibrating the compass again and will test this evening.  Why would flying at a high rate of speed affect the compass though?
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules