Android app crashing
976 5 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Traildad
New
United States

I know this has been brought up before in this and other forums but it has still not been addressed.  My DJI Go app crashes in my Samsung S7 when I am in Active track mode.  The screen goes black and I have to close and reopen the app.  This is very annoying.  I keep LOS so I am not in danger of losing my drone but this ruins shots and is just a pain.  I have the latest firmware and latest edtion of DJI Go.   

Dear DJI......you have had several posts on this latley.  It seems like a lot of us are having this problem with the android version of DJO Go.   Would you please address this issue.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Does the APP crash in Active track mode only? Have you enabled the airplane mode on your phone?
Could you please provide the details below for further analysis?
1. Operations before and when the Android device crashes
2. Aircraft model
3. Android version number
4. DJI GO app’s version number (shown under Settings of Me in the app)
5. Crash log, ( You can find it in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH)
2017-8-30
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also am hoping the DJI GO 4 app for Android will be updated with a note that says, "fixed issues with app crashing on Android 7.x devices. I am using an older spare Android device with Android 6.0 because my Moto Z2 Force (and the Moto Z Force before it)  and Nvidia K1 tablet with Android 7 have app crashes every few minutes.

Please don't give up on the Android users. We need your help and Apple is not a viable option for us. That would be like switching from DJI to Parrot. Not happening without a fight ;)  .
2017-8-31
Use props
Traildad
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-30 23:36
Does the APP crash in Active track mode only? Have you enabled the airplane mode on your phone?

Here are the answers to your questions:

Does the APP crash in Active track mode only?
-----------so far this is the only mode that seems to crash the app

Have you enabled the airplane mode on your phone?
----------------I have airplane mode……it was not activated at the time

-----------initial takeoff in GPS mode, start video, switch to active track profile mode, identify target (rider on bicycle), tracked target for ~200 yards moving at ~10mph on level ground with no obstructions, moved slider to change orientation of drone to target,  App fails black screen.  Close and restart app it acquires signal and boots up ~ 2 minutes.

2. Aircraft model

------------------Mavic Pro

3. Android version number

4. DJI GO app’s version number (shown under Settings of Me in the app)

---------------------------------DJI GO 4v4.1.5 (21-gpPhone)

5. Crash log, ( You can find it in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH)

I can’t find the location you are asking for.
dji-files.jpg
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Traildad Posted at 2017-8-31 09:26
Here are the answers to your questions:

Does the APP crash in Active track mode only?

Could you please enable the airplane mode, see if it is better? If it is the same, please click the NATIVE_CRASH, see if you can find the crash log. Please upload the log to the Dropbox, then provide me with a link to download it.
2017-9-2
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-2 00:53
Could you please enable the airplane mode, see if it is better? If it is the same, please click the NATIVE_CRASH, see if you can find the crash log. Please upload the log to the Dropbox, then provide me with a link to download it.

I would like to test the app for you but unfortunately unless DJI sends me a Mavic to use as a guinea pig beta drone, my $1000 UAS is not testing anything for DJI. It is the responsibility of DJI to provide a reliable app to use with Android 7.x as well as the upcoming 8.x for that matter.

I can tell you this... the last time I flew with my Moto Z Droid Force was early August. The device was not in airplane mode. It was connected to 4G. I was not using active tracking. I suspect the compass calibration went "crazy" at a similar time to when the drone lost signal within 20 feet of me...

Since then I employed an Android device with Android 6. I calibrate the compass pre-flight  when I rrive to any location. I tried DJI Go 4 on three Android 7.x devices and all had issues with app crash. This has been happening since I first flew in April 2017.

I picked up an Android tablet with 6.0 for use with DJI Go 4... DJI, please test and correct the bugs for Android. Pretty please.

I apologize again for not being wiling to voluntarily test the app with Android 7.x for you at my own risk and expense.
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules