Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I2 Night Operations
854 3 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

Hi folks!
It happened I had to work with I2 for night video services.
The same location, same wind and weather conditions; during the day and during the night the I2 has very different flight behaviour.
I used GPS with very good signal both during the day and the night.
During the day, nothing to say. It's the I2: amazing machine.
During the night, I noticed frequent drifts both during hovering and flying; especially when hovering in position and slowly starting to fly forward, most of the times it flow diagonal so I had to repeat the video recording many times in order to get desided path.
Also, I noticed random changes of altitude depending on the floor surface when flying at about 5 meters from the ground.
Is that normal?
What's the explanation of such behaviours?
Ciao
Paolo

2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Canistraccioil, I think it is normal. When you fly within 10 meters above the ground, the aircraft stabilizes itself by GPS signal, the compass and vision system. Vision system is associate with the light closely, when it is dark outside, the lens of vision system is blind and cannot find its own position, then the drone may drift.
You can try to fly higher or turn off the vision system.
2017-8-31
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 01:52
Canistraccioil, I think it is normal. When you fly within 10 meters above the ground, the aircraft stabilizes itself by GPS signal, the compass and vision system. Vision system is associate with the light closely, when it is dark outside, the lens of vision system is blind and cannot find its own position, then the drone may drift.
You can try to fly higher or turn off the vision system.

Ciao Mindy, thank you for reply!
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

canistraccioil Posted at 2017-8-31 01:51
Ciao Mindy, thank you for reply!

You are welcome.
2017-8-31
Use props