Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Osmo+ Firmware Released (31/08/2017)
123Next >
14755 107 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
• Firmware : v1.6.1.0
• DJI GO App iOS : v3.1.15
• DJI GO App Android : v3.1.11

What’s New?
• Added Lens Calibration to DJI GO to fix blurring issues that could occur when cameras were set to infinite focus.
• Fixed an issue where videos could not be opened when recorded under multiple light sources.
• Fixed an issue where some frames were overexposed when recording in 1080p 60 fps.
• Fixed an issue where the camera would zoom in when tapping to focus.

Notes:
• Calibrate the gimbal using auto-calibrate after upgrading firmware.
• If the firmware upgrade fails, restart Osmo+ and DJI GO app and retry.

2017-8-31
Use props
RcEaMan
lvl.1
Philippines

Should I update my osmo + with the new firmware eventhough I dont encounter any error with the fix of the new firmware update.
2017-8-31
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9944 ft
Ukraine

It looks like I would be first to report.
2017-8-31
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Ukraine

Okay... DJI you done good with focus issue with this update. Well done
2017-8-31
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Ukraine

After lens calibration Osmo+ becomes reliable with infinity focus so far. I'll continue to test it for now.
Still have an issues with limited record time for max 30 min and so on, but with reliable focus, Osmo+ becomes usefull tool.
2017-8-31
Use props
OmarBojorquez
New
Flight distance : 105997 ft
Mexico

Just updated my Osmo+ and DIDN'T NOTICE ANY CHANGE. My Infinity Focus is still not working, I don't know if there's anything I need to do on my device to apply this "Lens Calibration", as I don't see any option in the menu. I updated both the APP and the DEVICE.

Thanks in advance!
2017-8-31
Use props
OmarBojorquez
New
Flight distance : 105997 ft
Mexico

this is with Infinity Focus
2017-8-31
Use props
eColumbia01
Second Officer
United States

The inifinity focus is fixed. Thanks DJI.
If folks cannot find the calibration setting, go ahead and delete the DJI Go app from your device and reinstall. I had this problem too.
2017-8-31
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1

OmarBojorquez Posted at 2017-8-31 14:17
Just updated my Osmo+ and DIDN'T NOTICE ANY CHANGE. My Infinity Focus is still not working, I don't know if there's anything I need to do on my device to apply this "Lens Calibration", as I don't see any option in the menu. I updated both the APP and the DEVICE.

Thanks in advance!

Dear Omar, together with firmware have an pdf, describing how to do lens calibration and you need to calibrate, b4 U see result. If you have no calibration option in DJI Go app, I suggest you to reinstall application- just delete it and install again.
Hope it will help you.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RcEaMan Posted at 2017-8-31 05:04
Should I update my osmo + with the new firmware eventhough I dont encounter any error with the fix of the new firmware update.

I would suggest to update to the latest version.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Smaxta Posted at 2017-8-31 06:28
After lens calibration Osmo+ becomes reliable with infinity focus so far. I'll continue to test it for now.
Still have an issues with limited record time for max 30 min and so on, but with reliable focus, Osmo+ becomes usefull tool.

Well, 30 minutes limit cannot be changed, sorry for that.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OmarBojorquez Posted at 2017-8-31 14:17

Thanks in advance!

Like Smaxta mentioned, there is a PDF about how to calibrate lens, please make sure the calibration is successful.
2017-8-31
Use props
RcEaMan
lvl.1
Philippines

Thanks DJI Mindy. I updated the firmware. When you say calibration is it gimbal calibration or lens calibration because I can only see gimbal calibration in my app. I already reinstall the DJI App. By the way where can I find the included pdf file?
2017-9-1
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 22:55
Well, 30 minutes limit cannot be changed, sorry for that.

May be sometimes... Together with active tracking ;) I'm optimistic
2017-9-1
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1
Ukraine

RcEaMan Posted at 2017-9-1 03:09
Thanks DJI Mindy. I updated the firmware. When you say calibration is it gimbal calibration or lens calibration because I can only see gimbal calibration in my app. I already reinstall the DJI App. By the way where can I find the included pdf file?

An pdf included in zip file with firmware update. Lens calibration you'll find on main viewfinder screen, under mic control in camera settings on the right (or top, if you're using vertical orientation)
2017-9-1
Use props
AmaVideo
New
United States

I tried updating my Osmo software  but the DJI assistant won't let me type in the box. its very frustrating
2017-9-1
Use props
AmaVideo
New
United States

I tried updating my Osmo software  but the DJI assistant won't let me type in the box. its very confusing
2017-9-1
Use props
RcEaMan
lvl.1
Philippines

Smaxta Posted at 2017-9-1 05:36
An pdf included in zip file with firmware update. Lens calibration you'll find on main viewfinder screen, under mic control in camera settings on the right (or top, if you're using vertical orientation)

Thanks again
2017-9-1
Use props
donachy78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

The firmware is totally unusable for me cause of unstability of the gimbal. The camera never stops to move, neither holding the trigger button to lock the gimbal. The gimbal always do minimal movement but noticeable in the video. Picture with long exposure (3-4 sec) are always unfocused cause of the movement!!! It's incredibile!!!!
I tried also with the osmo stable on the ground, it always move!!!
Maybe is just my problem but I did everything in the manual. Gimbal calibration, and camera calibration that is mandatory for this release.
2017-9-2
Use props
ShellPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Me also gimbal is never still, will move tiny amounts with no input.. and this new firmware and app my Osmo+ is not working properly at all
2017-9-2
Use props
JaydenWong
New

Hong Kong

I cant find the lens calibration in the app (i am using android phone) while I have checked that it is the newest version of the app already. could anyone provide help. My focus is not clear
2017-9-3
Use props
Tune345
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446138 ft
United States

Ahhh ! FINALLY !!!  haven't tried it because i just found it out and it's 1.20 am ...i have been waiting for months for this update i was really hoping somehow DJI will email me about it. What did i miss ? or there is no feature like that available...i missed 4 days
2017-9-3
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.1

Iran

The tiny movement of the gimbal has been a problem since the start, it's really poor that this problem remains, also connecting to the Osmo is really hit and miss, if your looking to wipe the Osmo out to capture footage, forget about it.. I have to spend an age just to connect, in the device screen it jumps between connected and disconnected and switches between the Osmo+ and the Inspire 1.. Im on Huawei p9 and a can confirm it has worked before the update
2017-9-4
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.1

Iran

*wip the Osmo out
2017-9-4
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1

AmaVideo Posted at 2017-9-1 08:18
I tried updating my Osmo software  but the DJI assistant won't let me type in the box. its very confusing

Dear AmaVideo, an Osmo+ can't be conected to Assistant. You need to unzip downloaded firmware and copy it to the root directory on SD card. After that, just restart Osmo+ and wait until leds will stop blinking red-green with the some beeping at the end of update. After that you may check update completed successful on SD root dir txt file, delete firmware files and restart Osmo. Voila! You're updated ;)
2017-9-4
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.1

JaydenWong Posted at 2017-9-3 21:08
I cant find the lens calibration in the app (i am using android phone) while I have checked that it is the newest version of the app already. could anyone provide help. My focus is not clear

Jayden, cheers. I wrote few day ago in this tread how to perform lens calibration- on main viewfinder screen, in camera menu, under mic control (need to scroll down). Procedure are well described in the pdf, included inside zip file with firmware upgrade. In case you have no lens calibration option in DJI Go app, people suggest to delete app from your phone and reinstall it again. Hope it will be helpful to you.
2017-9-4
Use props
Slendermouse
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37444 ft
United Kingdom

I have also just done the update and now have gimbal movement when there should be none.
Its hard to tell when your moving around with the Osmo+ but as soon as you try to use a tripod it makes the footage unusable.
It looks like you're on a ship, rocking backwards and forwards in a tiny circle.

Is there any way to stop this movement?

Thanks
2017-9-4
Use props
donachy78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

donachy78 Posted at 2017-9-2 02:42
The firmware is totally unusable for me cause of unstability of the gimbal. The camera never stops to move, neither holding the trigger button to lock the gimbal. The gimbal always do minimal movement but noticeable in the video. Picture with long exposure (3-4 sec) are always unfocused cause of the movement!!! It's incredibile!!!!
Maybe is just my problem but I did everything in the manual. Gimbal calibration, and camera calibration that is mandatory for this release.

Some answer from DJI Official about this problem???? It seems that is not only a problem of mine!
Before this update my Osmo was totally stable and I took a lot of picture with long exposure just holding it in my hand without any movement!!!
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AmaVideo Posted at 2017-9-1 08:18

Do you mean the firmware of Osmo Mobile? Osmo and Osmo+ cannot be updated by DJI Assistant 2.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JaydenWong Posted at 2017-9-3 21:08

Please refer to Smaxta's suggestion on 25#, please keep us updated if you find the lens calibration, thanks.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

donachy78 Posted at 2017-9-2 02:42

Could you please upload a short video about lens drifting? We need it for analysis, thanks.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ShellPhoto Posted at 2017-9-2 07:49
Me also gimbal is never still, will move tiny amounts with no input.. and this new firmware and app my Osmo+ is not working properly at all

Could you please upload a short video about lens drifting? We need it for analysis, thanks.
2017-9-6
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here is a quick vid, I reset everything, reflashed the new firmware and the micro gimbal movement is still there.. impossible to take stills with this movement especially long exposures
2017-9-6
Use props
iC5G60wW6hBq
lvl.1
Croatia

I installed new osmo + software and made the lens calibration, the picture is a bit better but the distance is still blurry. Should a calibration be made in photo or video mode?
2017-9-6
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Asidhowz Posted at 2017-9-6 11:14
Here is a quick vid, I reset everything, reflashed the new firmware and the micro gimbal movement is still there.. impossible to take stills with this movement especially long exposures

Waar o waar is this video?
2017-9-6
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Believe it or not after spending half an hour trying to connect to the Osmo as the app thinks it's the Inspire 1 I i finally recorded a static video of a book and the micro movement is clear, closed the app but forgot to download the high res version so here is the low res taken from my phone, the movement is quite clear, now again I'm cannot connect to the Osmo+ it's in a connecting/disconnecting cycle, WiFi is connected, the app will not... Sick if it really.. this thing is an absolute pain to use, my MAVIC is a joy..
https://youtu.be/45hf6azZUfk
2017-9-6
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Travelling around Iran and this Osmo+ being is wasted, joke shop
2017-9-6
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Reset everything, reflashed firmware, forced stopped everything and again, nothing
2017-9-6
Use props
iC5G60wW6hBq
lvl.1
Croatia

How to make osmo + lens calibration in photo or movie mode? In photo mode the frame is bigger in movie mode, is it normal? the infinite focus is still bad.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Asidhowz Posted at 2017-9-6 11:52
Believe it or not after spending half an hour trying to connect to the Osmo as the app thinks it's the Inspire 1 I i finally recorded a static video of a book and the micro movement is clear, closed the app but forgot to download the high res version so here is the low res taken from my phone, the movement is quite clear, now again I'm cannot connect to the Osmo+ it's in a connecting/disconnecting cycle, WiFi is connected, the app will not... Sick if it really.. this thing is an absolute pain to use, my MAVIC is a joy..
https://youtu.be/45hf6azZUfk

The issue has been reported to our engineers for attention, I will come back you once there is update, sorry for the trouble caused and appreciate your patience.
2017-9-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules