New Osmo+ Firmware Released (31/08/2017)
107037 107037 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Asidhowz Posted at 2017-9-6 11:52
Believe it or not after spending half an hour trying to connect to the Osmo as the app thinks it's the Inspire 1 I i finally recorded a static video of a book and the micro movement is clear, closed the app but forgot to download the high res version so here is the low res taken from my phone, the movement is quite clear, now again I'm cannot connect to the Osmo+ it's in a connecting/disconnecting cycle, WiFi is connected, the app will not... Sick if it really.. this thing is an absolute pain to use, my MAVIC is a joy..
https://youtu.be/45hf6azZUfk

The issue has been reported to our engineers for attention, I will come back you once there is update, sorry for the trouble caused and appreciate your patience.
2017-9-6
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.2

Iran

I really want to love this thing but it's just crazy how bad it is really, the WiFi problem and also the movement renders it useless, I wait in hope for some sort of stable firmware! I just hope it's not the hardware that is the problem..
2017-9-7
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.2

United States

Osmo+ just does not want to connect, and if by some miracle it connects it most often crashes out fully to android desktop, can someone please confirm if this is firmware related because on top of the other known problems this device is pretty useless.. Here is a quick screen record..
thanks

2017-9-8
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.2

Iran

Any news on this problem?
I just noticed when I go to the gimbal attitude settings, I can see the values change in small increments, I double tap the trigger to centre the gimbal but the gimbal will not fix and stay stationery, please help us solve this issue as its a major problem
2017-9-9
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.2

Iran

Also for the last few few times I can connect I have to force close any apps running, turn off data, connect to Osmo wait ten minutes and then eventually I can connect, this is not acceptable for a device costing this amount of money, please advise..
2017-9-9
Use props
KC5LAF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased an OSMO + yesterday, it worked fine, then I did the new firmware update, and now it disconnects from my device every time i hit the record button, it will continue recording for a few seconds, then stops the recording.  I trouble shot it for hours last night until the I finally gave up at 2am this morning.  I went and returned it for another OSMO + today but am afraid to install the new firmware as I don't want the same thing to happen.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I know connection problems are a large issue with the DJI Go app, but I didn't have any issues until after I updated to this firmware on the OSMO +.
2017-9-9
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

The last 2 firmware made osmo totally unusable. The previous one with corrupted file, this one with unstability (that's the worst for a product that should be the best stabilizer on the marketplace) and disconnection problems. DJI Please fix the problems without introducing new bugs in the next firmware!!!!
I'm back to 1.4.0.70 (AGAIN), but with the infinite focus problem.

2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Believe it or not after spending half an hour trying to connect to the Osmo as the app thinks it's the Inspire 1 I i finally recorded a static video of a book and the micro movement is clear, closed the app but forgot to download the high res version so here is the low res taken from my phone, the movement is quite clear, now again I'm cannot connect to the Osmo+ it's in a connecting/disconnecting cycle, WiFi is connected, the app will not... Sick if it really.. this thing is an absolute pain to use, my MAVIC is a joy..

Osmo+ gives it a focal length ranging from 22mm to 77mm, did you record video in 22mm or 77mm? Please help us to clarify, thanks.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

donachy78 Posted at 2017-9-10 23:28
The last 2 firmware made osmo totally unusable. The previous one with corrupted file, this one with unstability (that's the worst for a product that should be the best stabilizer on the marketplace) and disconnection problems. DJI Please fix the problems without introducing new bugs in the next firmware!!!!
I'm back to 1.4.0.70 (AGAIN), but with the infinite focus problem.

The issue has been reported to our engineers for attention, may I know if there is stability issue with the firmware V1.4.0.7 ?
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Asidhowz Posted at 2017-9-9 14:47
Also for the last few few times I can connect I have to force close any apps running, turn off data, connect to Osmo wait ten minutes and then eventually I can connect, this is not acceptable for a device costing this amount of money, please advise..

Did you also install DJI Go 4 in your mobile device? If so, please make sure the DJI Go 4 has been closed completely, besides, what is the model of your mobile device?
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KC5LAF Posted at 2017-9-9 15:08
I just purchased an OSMO + yesterday, it worked fine, then I did the new firmware update, and now it disconnects from my device every time i hit the record button, it will continue recording for a few seconds, then stops the recording.  I trouble shot it for hours last night until the I finally gave up at 2am this morning.  I went and returned it for another OSMO + today but am afraid to install the new firmware as I don't want the same thing to happen.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I know connection problems are a large issue with the DJI Go app, but I didn't have any issues until after I updated to this firmware on the OSMO +.

If the infinite focus is blur, we still suggest to update the firmware to the latest version.
2017-9-11
Use props
jki
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 02:58
If the infinite focus is blur, we still suggest to update the firmware to the latest version.

Patiently waiting for a resolution to the gimbal instability problem...
2017-9-11
Use props
KC5LAF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 02:58

Fair enough.....Do you know if the devs/engineers have been able to recreate the problems?  That is the first step to getting a fix.  Is there a way to download/upload data that would help the devs/engineers see whats going on?
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

RcEaMan Posted at 2017-8-31 05:04
Should I update my osmo + with the new firmware eventhough I dont encounter any error with the fix of the new firmware update.

Firmware update is always a good idea. Of course if you have a project, you can always wait until you get done.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Did you reinstall the app?
2017-9-12
Use props
Meyertron
lvl.2
Chile

Also install this firmware and cause me the same fault as other colleagues, the camera vibrated up and down and to sound very ugly the engine. Any solution?
2017-9-12
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.2

Germany

I recorded the video at 22mm I'm using a Huawei p9 but also tried on iPhone 6 and Samsung s7, my girlfriend also has Huawei p9 and both phones didn't have the connection problems before
I uninstalled then reinstalled dji go etc
I do find that as suggested if I force close any open apps including dji go 4 for our MAVIC connection is ok, it takes time but does connect, the gimbal movement is ever so small and when in the gimbal attitude settings I can see the values change with no user input, the gimbal will never stay still and in fact can drift quite a bit over a few minutes.. many thanks
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

RcEaMan Posted at 2017-8-31 05:04
Should I update my osmo + with the new firmware eventhough I dont encounter any error with the fix of the new firmware update.

I always update the firmware as it can hep fix any issues in the software. Here is a link of what the firmware update entails: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... o_Release_Notes.pdf
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Asidhowz Posted at 2017-9-7 06:12
I really want to love this thing but it's just crazy how bad it is really, the WiFi problem and also the movement renders it useless, I wait in hope for some sort of stable firmware! I just hope it's not the hardware that is the problem..

What type of mobile device are you using? Refresh the Wi fi connection to the mobile device before using.
2017-9-16
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 02:08
The issue has been reported to our engineers for attention, may I know if there is stability issue with the firmware V1.4.0.7 ?

I would say "I'll be back to 1.4.0.7" I never had stability issues with 1.4.0.7

Unfortunately With this version of firmware 1.6.1.0 downgrade is not possible!!!!

DJI you can't release new bugged firmware and do not allow to downgrade!!! What are you doing???

please fix the movement of gimbal immediately and release new firmware that allows downgrade for any case!!!!
Here is what i get trying back to 1.4.0.7

========== 2017.09.16 18:34:01 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FC350Z_FW_V01.04.00.70.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.
2017-9-16
Use props
Tune345
lvl.3
Flight distance : 446138 ft
United States

i have been watching this thread carefully since it came out...i wanted to upgrade my OSMO+ so bad but i was afraid that this new firmware will introduce some new bugs and it won't let me downgrade. my fears came true...am glad i didn't upgrade..but at the same time i want to but then i don't want to wait another year for another new firmware....this is bad
2017-9-17
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 02:08

I sent you a private message with dropbox link to videos showing the problem.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

RcEaMan Posted at 2017-9-1 03:09
Thanks DJI Mindy. I updated the firmware. When you say calibration is it gimbal calibration or lens calibration because I can only see gimbal calibration in my app. I already reinstall the DJI App. By the way where can I find the included pdf file?

Mindy is referring to a gimbal calibration.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Can you provide more information on the mobile device by Wi Fi but the app is not? Are you saying this because it's not recognizing the Osmo Plus? Can you try logging out and logging back in again?
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

donachy78 Posted at 2017-9-19 06:47

Thanks, PM received, the videos have been transferred to our engineers for review, will keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-20
Use props
DroneMatt
New
Germany

Hi.

I just bought the Osmo+, mainly for time lapses. I figured it would be possible to use the zoom during a motion time lapse, but I can't zoom while defining the start, mid and end point of the time lapse movement.

It is really not possible to define different focal lengths while programming a motion time lapse?

Regards
Matt
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

donachy78 Posted at 2017-9-19 06:47

From the video, it seems you moved the gimbal and it still drifted when you stop moving. Please try to adjust or close the smooth track of Pan an Tilt to see if the problem will get optimized. smooth track.png
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneMatt Posted at 2017-9-20 21:28
Hi.

I just bought the Osmo+, mainly for time lapses. I figured it would be possible to use the zoom during a motion time lapse, but I can't zoom while defining the start, mid and end point of the time lapse movement.

Matt, sorry that zoom cannot be used during Timelapse.
2017-9-21
Use props
DroneMatt
New
Germany

Hi Mindy

and thanks for your quick response. It's dissappointing that zooming is not possible during Timelapse. Maybe you can suggest it to the development team for a future update.

Best regards
Matt
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneMatt Posted at 2017-9-21 04:05
Hi Mindy

and thanks for your quick response. It's dissappointing that zooming is not possible during Timelapse. Maybe you can suggest it to the development team for a future update.

No problem, the suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers, thank you for your support to DJI.
2017-9-21
Use props
LEVO Health
New
United States

Recently update my iphone 7+ to ios 11 and it completely bricked my OSMO Plus camera. Tried deleting and redownloading as suggested my support. When it did connect it wouldn't let me select the OSMO +, instead it changed to Phantom3, without an option to change.

With a new update it would make sense to update the DJI Go app and the firmware.
2017-9-21
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.2

Spain

DJI mark I have clearly written what devices I have tried, same problem occurs, gimbal moves other no user input on them all
2017-9-21
Use props
iC5G60wW6hBq
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 23:45
Please check the guide of lens calibration: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyty5tfwtot4bxh/OSMO%2B%20New%20Firmware%20lens%20Calibration%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Thank you for your reply,
I calibrated the lens and now the photo is much better.
Thanks and best regards.
2017-9-22
Use props
dwarfcow
New

United States

I recently took my Osmo+ on a fishing trip, unfortunately it was raining the whole time and i didn't get to use outside. Upon my return to civilization the new 1.6.01.00 update popped up so I downloaded it, only to have it completely brick the Osmo.  I now can connect in the app, but I have no video what so ever. In the settings it says the camera failed, as well as camera03 and camera 04 also failed.   I attempted to manually revert to the older firmwares only to get SD card errors and no progress. I now can't use the Osmo+ at all and it has sprouted 2 additional cameras (virtually at least). I'm very frustrated and disappointed.  I was planning on using it to shoot a wedding today, and gave up trying to fix the device after 4 hours when i had to leave to be the photographer/videographer.

Any ideas on how to recover this thing now?
2017-9-24
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-21 03:14
From the video, it seems you moved the gimbal and it still drifted when you stop moving. Please try to adjust or close the smooth track of Pan an Tilt to see if the problem will get optimized.[view_image]

Hi Mindy,
I will try, anyway I always used standard medium profile without any of these problems. Also there is one video where I am totally stationary and the osmo moves in the same way.
Also when I shoot a picture iwith long exposures (2/3") there is no way that the osmo stabilize the camera and the picture is blurred. Before this firmware I had no problem with long exposure pictures.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

donachy78 Posted at 2017-9-25 04:40
Hi Mindy,
I will try, anyway I always used standard medium profile without any of these problems. Also there is one video where I am totally stationary and the osmo moves in the same way.
Also when I shoot a picture iwith long exposures (2/3") there is no way that the osmo stabilize the camera and the picture is blurred. Before this firmware I had no problem with long exposure pictures.

Can you please show us the blurry pictures by long exposure? Sorry that I ask for pictures or videos every time, but we need them to locate the problem, your understanding will be appreciated.
2017-9-26
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-26 05:12
Can you please show us the blurry pictures by long exposure? Sorry that I ask for pictures or videos every time, but we need them to locate the problem, your understanding will be appreciated.

Don't worry I understand
I'll try to take some pictures and new videos to show you better the problem
2017-9-26
Use props
THOMAS J
New
Ireland

Looking at this thread it seems that there is in fact a number of issues with the latest firmware, why doesnt DJI just accept there is an issue , and advise everyone on the resolution date for next release .?
I've come here due to a focus issue and a lack of autofocus also. Having looked at recent video I shot after updating there is a visible "wobble" when you play back at time-lapse speeds.
not very good when  you are recording out in the field only to find the issues when you get back to base..

2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

donachy78 Posted at 2017-9-26 06:01
Don't worry I understand
I'll try to take some pictures and new videos to show you better the problem

Really appreciate your understanding.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

THOMAS J Posted at 2017-9-27 10:59
Looking at this thread it seems that there is in fact a number of issues with the latest firmware, why doesnt DJI just accept there is an issue , and advise everyone on the resolution date for next release .?
I've come here due to a focus issue and a lack of autofocus also. Having looked at recent video I shot after updating there is a visible "wobble" when you play back at time-lapse speeds.
not very good when  you are recording out in the field only to find the issues when you get back to base..

We are collecting info, not every problem is caused by firmware.
For you issue, have you opened Tripod Mode when take time-lapse?
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules