Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse Z3 Firmware Update
4908 7 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhoppes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

What do I have to do to get upgrade the Zenmuse Z3 firmware?  I've downloaded the firmware from the DJI website, but when I try to load it even though the camera is on 1.9 the aircraft just writes to a text file that the aircraft firmware is up to date so it aborts.

Is 1.9 the latest firmware for the Z3 gimble?

2017-8-31
Use props
davawt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi there, this web address will give you the latest firmware for the Z3, choose Inspire 1 zip - unzip when downloaded and make sure the sd card is formatted by the inspire camera, then put the bin file (only) onto the sd card and put into the camera slot - No Rc on,  just turn the Inspire on. it will then upgrade to the latest firmware  -V01.11.01.50 (Inspire 1) Hope this works for you as it did for me, bye davawt
http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-z3/info#downloads

2017-8-31
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.3
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-8-31 11:00
Hi there, this web address will give you the latest firmware for the Z3, choose Inspire 1 zip - unzip when downloaded and make sure the sd card is formatted by the inspire camera, then put the bin file (only) onto the sd card and put into the camera slot - No Rc on,  just turn the Inspire on. it will then upgrade to the latest firmware  -V01.11.01.50 (Inspire 1) Hope this works for you as it did for me, bye davawt
http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-z3/info#downloads

Except it won't.... if you've updated the aircraft firmware while the X3 camera was on.   With the Z3 on, the aircraft thinks its up to date.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The latest version of Z3 is V1.9.1.40.
Z3.png
2017-8-31
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 23:42
The latest version of Z3 is V1.9.1.40.
[view_image]

Thank you Mindy.  Regarding my other post about support -- why has this taken two days and countless e-mails/posts to get this answer???  This is what is so frustrating.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mhoppes Posted at 2017-9-1 03:34
Thank you Mindy.  Regarding my other post about support -- why has this taken two days and countless e-mails/posts to get this answer???  This is what is so frustrating.

You contacted our support by email right? There is jet lag so the email cannot be responded in time, like we locate in China and I cannot reply your post in time either, we are sorry for this and thanks for your understanding.
You can also contact online chat on workdays: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-1
Use props
davawt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-1 04:20
You contacted our support by email right? There is jet lag so the email cannot be responded in time, like we locate in China and I cannot reply your post in time either, we are sorry for this and thanks for your understanding.
You can also contact online chat on workdays: http://www.dji.com/support

Thanks again Mindy,
I keep learning new stuff from you, I think I should read before I reply,
and also wait a bit before writing reply. I am learning bit by bit.
Thanks again Mindy.
Bye
Dave
2017-9-11
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Just wondering why you need to upgrade your z3 firmware? I have just upgraded my I1 to take on X5. X5 was originally used on my Osmo, it is the latest firmware version. My AC is one version behind 1.11 ie 1.10. I was expecting to upgrade the camera FW in order to be compatible with AC. It ends up working ok and no need to upgrade the camera.

As a mater of fact, if you read the release note of Z3 latest firmware on #4 above, the upgrade does nothing to Z3 per se. Why don't you put Z3 on and see if it works. If so you don't have to worry about upgrading your Z3.
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules