How do you store your Phantom 4 / Adv/Pro with equipment on flights?
791 6 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DjiDroneDude
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Community,
It´s me (again). After seeing the spot for the Phantom 4 Pro (Plus) and various reviews I fell in love with it. Seeing that it could be interesting having a Phantom, not a mavic (which I liked more at first), I had this question: How do people store their phantom when they take it with them onto trips. And, because this forum and it´s community is so awesome, I decided to post it right here. So now for you guys:

How do you store your phantom when you fly somewhere? Do you store it as hand-luggage? When, then in what? Or do you pay for extra baggage? Is there a way to store the phantom without letting it occupy a whole (big) backpack?

Thanks in advance for every single answer,
- DjiDroneDude
2017-8-31
Use props
alimranyasin.gm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600177 ft
Malaysia

This is my review of phantom 4  Pro plus that we used for live broadcasting on TV.  DJI need to do the following ASAP in order not to cause dissatisfaction on the output of transmission and content.

1. I encountered problem and failed to eliminate 30 feet altitude and 50 feet distance after several attempts.
2. A bit panic to disable iosd display over hdmi output. Swipe not recommended.  Problem again when we record on sd card.  The record counter appear on screen hdmi. Hdmi screen should 100% clean. Broadcaster don't want this.
3.I also use inspire 1 for live transmission.  I found that 2.4g is very vulnerable to magnetic interference caused by mobile and wife.  When we cover events lots people use mobile phone on the same frequency.  I hope DJI can release update that enable inspire 1 to switch to 5.8G transmission to avoid interference.  My inspire trendy grounded due to thus

Dr Megat Al Imran Yasin
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE COMMUNICATION,
University Putra Malaysia.
2017-8-31
Use props
alimranyasin.gm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600177 ft
Malaysia

Sorry some  errors  on spellings
IMG_20170828_090806.jpg
FB_IMG_1504180469800.jpg
2017-8-31
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

The batteries must go in carry on, they can not go in the hold. I wouldn't trust the hold handlers not to smash/bash/steal my Phantom, so I carry that in carry on too.
To that end, I have 2 cases, 1 hard shell I use for day to day flying, 1 soft compartmentalized ruck sack specifically for Phantoms, that is big enough to carry everything I need for flying overseas, but fits within airline carry on size limits.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend to use the original package.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

alimranyasin.gm Posted at 2017-8-31 08:32
This is my review of phantom 4  Pro plus that we used for live broadcasting on TV.  DJI need to do the following ASAP in order not to cause dissatisfaction on the output of transmission and content.

1. I encountered problem and failed to eliminate 30 feet altitude and 50 feet distance after several attempts.

May I know what's the version of your current firmware and APP? Please make sure the beginner mode has been disabled and logged in your DJI account.
2017-8-31
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

I use the Manfrotto D1 backpack to bring my drone on flights with me (you can read about it here). Technically it is a few mm too big for carry on luggage, but I have never had an issue with it and I've been on numerous flights, both long and short haul.
You should deplete your drones' batteries below 50% and it is good practice to have them in a lipo battery bag, which you can pick up for cheap as chips on Amazon. You have to take your drone & batteries as carry on with you, you're not allowed to check it in.

Other than that you can always check with your airline before you fly to see their procedures, but I've never had to do that. Must have been on over 10 flights or so this year with my Phantom and never once had an issue. Always good to be prepared though.

Hope this helps.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules