Parts fell out of my X5S camera.
914 9 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

When I took off the lens over my table, three small gold-colored pins fell out.  Had I switched lenses outside I may have never seen them, but the tablecloth caught them.  I don't know where they came from, but they are not the lens contact pins as they are all still there and are larger.  Nothing off the lens seems likely either.

Camera still works fine, but I don't know what these are or if it is stuff left over from the factory when they were assembled?  My guess is they are some sort of rivets or maybe pads to solder wires onto circuit boards as they are very small and maybe plated for soldering onto.

Cause for concern or not?

Mystery pins out of X5S camera.

Mystery pins out of X5S camera.
2017-8-31
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

they look like the body pins that are on the camera that make contact with the metal on the lent to transmit information. are all the pins in place on the camera where you screw in the lens?
2017-8-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

fans589cba4b Posted at 2017-8-31 19:37
they look like the body pins that are on the camera that make contact with the metal on the lent to transmit information. are all the pins in place on the camera where you screw in the lens?

Yes, all the pins are present in the camera, and it works.  That's what I thought too at first.  These look to be much smaller in diameter than those too.  Maybe 2mm long as the Scotch Tape is 1/2 inch wide.

I'm hoping they are stuff left over from a sloppy assembly - I hope!  Someone from DJI may know what they are, and if they are important or not.  Would be nice to see an exploded diagram of the camera to see what they are.

I would have missed these out in the field.  Luckily it was over a table and I felt one hit me and then the other two fell out.  I thought it might be brass shards off the bayonet of the lens or camera mount, but doesn't look like it is.  Looks like little gold pin heads.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for this situation, we are confirming with our engineers, I will keep you updated soon. Thanks.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Can you please post the picture of PIN contact here and the serial number as well? We will help to double confirm, thanks.
2017-9-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-1 02:10
Can you please post the picture of PIN contact here and the serial number as well? We will help to double confirm, thanks.

Mindy, here is a photo of the contact pins (They all seem to be there.).  Only serial is on the stick-on tag that I found on the main gimbal arm and attached in the other photo.

It might be the three loose things that fell out are maybe the lens contact pins?  Someone got sloppy and left some loose ones behind?  It seems to work, and focus too with the hand wheel on the RC too so contacts must be good.

X5S contact pins.

X5S contact pins.

Tag and serial.

Tag and serial.
2017-9-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Mindy, and idea as to what is happening with this?

2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-3 21:26
Mindy, and idea as to what is happening with this?

Sorry for the late response, these pins are most likely the contact PIN, but we see the contact is perfect, please don't worry about it and keep us updated in time if there is anything wrong in the future.
2017-9-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-3 23:23
Sorry for the late response, these pins are most likely the contact PIN, but we see the contact is perfect, please don't worry about it and keep us updated in time if there is anything wrong in the future.

Thanks Mindy!

I'll chalk it up to leftover debris from the factory on assembly.  I don't think they damaged the sensor being loose in there ... or so I hope.

Think I'll go shake the X4S camera a bit now too.  Rattle control at work.   
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-4 07:58
Thanks Mindy!

I'll chalk it up to leftover debris from the factory on assembly.  I don't think they damaged the sensor being loose in there ... or so I hope.

No worries, there are no other parts would install the same PIN. Please keep us posted if there is further question.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules