Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Kitty Hawk
3300 12 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thep4p
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374429 ft
United States

Hello drone peeps. I was wondering if anyone uses Kitty hawk app??
2017-8-31
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I do, and have done so for months. In my opinion the best all round drone software for me. I cna run check lists, set up flight records, examine flight data and control it all in the same package. Stores my flight data too so that all of it is available to the CAA (over here) or anyone else who wants to check my data. Highly recommended.
2017-8-31
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

PS I forgot to mention that it is linked in with the DKI SDK for flight control so in effect you are looking at a DJI screen when flying.
2017-8-31
Use props
thep4p
lvl.3
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-8-31 05:50
I do, and have done so for months. In my opinion the best all round drone software for me. I cna run check lists, set up flight records, examine flight data and control it all in the same package. Stores my flight data too so that all of it is available to the CAA (over here) or anyone else who wants to check my data. Highly recommended.

okay so u still use the dji go 4 app to fly your drone? I'm thinking this kitty hawk replaces that app dji go 4 app??
2017-8-31
Use props
Joshua Ziering
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind words about Kittyhawk! (http://Kittyhawk.io) We're building Kittyhawk to be the "one drone app to rule them all" ! It replaces Go for flying DJI Drones but will also replace your weather app, checklist app, airspace app, and flight logging app.

As you might have guessed, we take user feedback very seriously and are working to build a robust platform for both the individual operator and enterprise team.

Questions? Feature request? Suggestions? Just like to talk about drones? Use the "Call The Founders" button in our app and it literally rings the phone in our offices.

Thanks,

Josh Ziering
Chief Pilot & Co-Founder, Kittyhawk.io
2017-8-31
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Joshua Ziering Posted at 2017-8-31 12:23
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind words about Kittyhawk! (http://Kittyhawk.io) We're building Kittyhawk to be the "one drone app to rule them all" ! It replaces Go for flying DJI Drones but will also replace your weather app, checklist app, airspace app, and flight logging app.

OK end all be all means you get the potential for access or will get access (due to permissions or requirements) to a lot of personal data and info...what about security?  How is that managed, and do users have the ability to deny access to things they don't want you to link to or have access too?
Thanks
2017-8-31
Use props
SMacDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1700981 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes... highly recommending.
2017-8-31
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

thep4p Posted at 2017-8-31 06:11
okay so u still use the dji go 4 app to fly your drone? I'm thinking this kitty hawk replaces that app dji go 4 app??

No. Kittyhawk Flight Deck is the control software, and that uses the DJI software. Very convenient. I use it to fly all my drones and keep records.
2017-9-1
Use props
thep4p
lvl.3
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-9-1 03:22
No. Kittyhawk Flight Deck is the control software, and that uses the DJI software. Very convenient. I use it to fly all my drones and keep records.

thanks for the info  
2017-9-2
Use props
DronerKT
lvl.4
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-31 12:42
OK end all be all means you get the potential for access or will get access (due to permissions or requirements) to a lot of personal data and info...what about security?  How is that managed, and do users have the ability to deny access to things they don't want you to link to or have access too?
Thanks

Was browsing around for similar information about how Kittyhawk handles security. Looks like this blog post was added not long after your question, but thought I'd share since it was relevant to how Kittyhawk replaces the DJI Go app, as well as handles data and security much better. At least based on other things I've read about DJI sending data back to China. Pretty cool stuff they're working on. Can't wait to see how the instant LAANC authorizations work - no more calling towers!
2018-8-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

DronerKT Posted at 2018-8-2 11:19
Was browsing around for similar information about how Kittyhawk handles security. Looks like this blog post was added not long after your question, but thought I'd share since it was relevant to how Kittyhawk replaces the DJI Go app, as well as handles data and security much better. At least based on other things I've read about DJI sending data back to China. Pretty cool stuff they're working on. Can't wait to see how the instant LAANC authorizations work - no more calling towers!

Thank you, much appreciated!
I'll will check this out...
2018-8-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-8-2 14:57
Thank you, much appreciated!
I'll will check this out...

Aloha Genghis,

Where you been!  Good to see you back.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-2 16:12
Aloha Genghis,

Where you been!  Good to see you back.

Howdy
Actually, I've been here nearly everyday, but I have not had much to say and I did not prefer to get tangled up in any of the usual entanglements, if you know what I mean...just observing, learning, reading.

It's very good to hear from you!
How's the land of molten rock?
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules