Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Capturing stills from video .vs. camera photos
1592 4 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trailblazer5715
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1821880 ft
United States

Do any of you capture stills in post from your video editing software instead of taking photos directly with the camera? I have started using the freeze frame option in Premier Elements with good results and wondered if others do the same. This does require a higher shutter speed (not 2x frame rate) to minimize blur in the captured still shot. Any thoughts or experiences with this method? My AC is a P3P.
2017-8-31
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I do that on the P4 using 4K video, since 4K video gives full sensor resolution you don't loose anything except the taller aspect ratio.  If there is not much movement then the results are often better than jpg photos, although you don't have the raw option.

Also use it for panoramas, Microsoft ICE will create a panorama photo straight from the video, even a 2D grid one rather than just a single line of photos.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cool idea! Thanks for sharing with us!
2017-8-31
Use props
chainmon
Captain
Flight distance : 2624892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I capture images in post as well but only for viewing purposes. It looks fine on a monitor. The flle size is very small and my guess is print would not be very good much past a 5x6 print.
2017-10-8
Use props
chainmon
Captain
Flight distance : 2624892 ft
  • >>>
United States

chainmon Posted at 2017-10-8 07:46
I capture images in post as well but only for viewing purposes. It looks fine on a monitor. The flle size is very small and my guess is print would not be very good much past a 5x6 print.

typo 4x6 print
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules