NEW DJI Mavic Pro Platinum + Video to Compare the Noise!
2618 11 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trekz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

https://www.wetalkuav.com/11656-2/
2017-8-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Wow, sure sounds quiet, especially compared to the Phantom!
2017-8-31
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

Big improvement for keeping it stealth!! I just wonder how long it'll take to get back in stock...??To get the new propellors.
2017-8-31
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check with your local apple store, they carry newer DJI products.
2017-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is quite good
2017-8-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is NOT worth buying another MP. If they updated the camera and made better obstacles protection maybe and I say MAYBE!
2017-8-31
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

HOWEVER ...the graph also shows A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN dB/SPL at around 700 Hz.  This appears to be 2x LOUDER (+10 dB = twice the percieved volume!!) than the old props!!!!!!!!!   Not sure how telling this graph is in reality as most of the reduction comes at around 1200 Hz and much higher frequencies.  High frequencies are highly directional....i.e. you may not hear these anyways if the sound is upwards or parallel to the ground.  Lower frequencies will be heard all around the drone.....this may be more MARKETING than anything.  Only actual testing in person would confirm if there is any net benefit at all.
2017-8-31
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-8-31 20:21
HOWEVER ...the graph also shows A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN dB/SPL at around 700 Hz.  This appears to be 2x LOUDER (+10 dB = twice the percieved volume!!) than the old props!!!!!!!!!   Not sure how telling this graph is in reality as most of the reduction comes at around 1200 Hz and much higher frequencies.  High frequencies are highly directional....i.e. you may not hear these anyways if the sound is upwards or parallel to the ground.  Lower frequencies will be heard all around the drone.....this may be more MARKETING than anything.  Only actual testing in person would confirm if there is any net benefit at all.

I read the graph as showing that the new props model are 10dB lower than the old model/props - not the other way around.  That spike seems to show that the existing Mavic Pro with existing props has the spike at 70Hz but that the new model/props does not have the spike.

What isn't clear and, you're absolutely right, needs to be tested in real world conditions is the extent to which the new props are the sole contributor to this and how much is related to the ESC's on the new model.  I'm hoping that, when it comes to noise, the props are the main contributor and that the ESC's on the new model contribute mainly to the slightly longer flight time.
2017-8-31
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

MDJ Posted at 2017-8-31 23:52
I read the graph as showing that the new props model are 10dB lower than the old model/props - not the other way around.  That spike seems to show that the existing Mavic Pro with existing props has the spike at 70Hz but that the new model/props does not have the spike.

What isn't clear and, you're absolutely right, needs to be tested in real world conditions is the extent to which the new props are the sole contributor to this and how much is related to the ESC's on the new model.  I'm hoping that, when it comes to noise, the props are the main contributor and that the ESC's on the new model contribute mainly to the slightly longer flight time.

Look at the SECOND hump on the graph; 700Hz...new props are +10 dB higher than old ones (you are correct at the FIRST hump on the graph).  Concerning also is that this corresponds with the normal hover RPM of the Mavic.  This new bent prop-tip is quite common in advanced heli designs (although I doubt the Mavic's props are supersonic as helis are   ).  A theoretical improvement for sure but we'd have to experience it to judge if it is actually noticeable.   I agree with you about the noise of the motors vs the props being the main factor in noise performance- for UAVs I'm sure this is the next step in innovation (if they can fix/lower this noise).   Another big concern for me with these new props is how they may fair in crashes/prop impacts to objects etc.  I've found the current props are very good at resisting damage.  The new design puts notches in the exact locations where prop impacts ocurr- and I suspect that this will create a susceptibility for the props to more easily be cracked at these locations due to the notch-effect/weakening of the prop tips.....I hope not.  Eager to try them out and rule out marketing hype!
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It has been reduced by up to 4dB (60% noise power), the comparison is very noticeable.
2017-9-3
Use props
fans59d4c2ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214436 ft
Switzerland

Is it me or 4dB isn't that much... I mean a conversation is around 60dB, remove 4dB and it's still loud... I'm really awaiting a video comparing noise.
2017-9-6
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can tell thyou difference even with that dude rabbiting on and on...
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules