P2/Hero 4 Silver FPV Black Screen
1166 0 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lichy13
New

United Kingdom

Hey guys,

New Phantom 2 owner here! I've been flying smaller/racing drones for a while but wanted to dip my toe into aerial photography and make use of my Hero 4 Silver that I already had.

I bought the following bits of kit in a single package 2nd hand of someone who had just upgraded:

- Phantom 2
- H4-3D Gimble
- Black Pearl FPV Monitor
- ImmersionRC Transmitter

The drone itself flies perfectly, the gimble is fantastic and I'm very happy with the video footage I'm getting out of it.

My problems start when trying to get the FPV aspect up and running. The previous owner has followed this guide and was using a Hero 3 and had no problems with FPV at all. Either a loose connection has occured in transit or my GoPro settings are wrong/faulty.

I go through the process of turning on the Black Pearl, flicking through the channels until I get the solid black one (in this case, the transmitter is set to 6). I just go no video signal at all on the display.

I've tried turning different bits on at different times to see if the video will come through, but nada.

- I've checked and confirmed that the video formats for both the FPV monitor and GoPro are the same (tried both PAL and NTSC).
- I've tried many different resolution settings/fps settings
- I've tried resetting the GoPro to factory defaults
- I've visually checked the yellow video wire from the P2 to the transmitter
- I've unplugged the ribbon cable and checked for damage, all looks good

Now my questions!

- The transmitter gets very hot after 5 mins of being on, is this normal?
- According to this post, GoPro have disabled video out via USB with a recent firmware release, is this correct? here
- My GoPro is running version HD4.01.05.00.00 and according to this it hasn't changed in a year.
- I'm thinking of replacing the USB connector and ribbon, it's cheap.
- My main thinking is that this setup was working with a Hero 3 previously, so surely it's something to do with my Hero 4?! However, I've seen people all over confirming that the Hero 4 does work and works really well!
- I unfortunately don't have access to a different GoPro to test, but are there any other ways to test this cheaply? Perhaps a USB to HDMI cable I can plug into my TV?

I'm really hoping I'm just being very new to this and missed something obvious, but I'd appreciate any help at all. I have been pulling my hair out for days trying to figure this out!

Thanks

2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules