Active Track Tractor... 2nd Video Close call?
1187 11 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi I was flying in my local field and Tractor came along to cut the grass all over the field, so thought i would try active track on it.. short video...

Take a look at this video, i was active traking the tractor and decided to use the circle whilst tracking the tractor and then the spark started to fly closer then above tractor i thought it was getting lower so paniced and brought it higher and home towards me... do you think if i left it , it was trying to get above then carry on circle or do you think there was an error.. i checked flight record and the altitude still was at 30m although it didnt look that high..

2017-8-31
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

Looks great, nice work :-)
2017-8-31
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

looks like it stop going down
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

When your drone got close to the tracker, did you get any message from your app?
2017-8-31
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No nothing no message
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

If there is no warning message, then you don't need to worry. But I would not recommend you come too close to the tracker. Have a nice flight.
2017-9-1
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did not fly it close to the tractor. It was all done automatically with active track. The only time I took control was when I thought It was going to hit the tractor
2017-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

First one looks very good.
Second one indeed strange behaviour.
What did the flight log say?
2017-9-1
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-1 02:43
First one looks very good.
Second one indeed strange behaviour.
What did the flight log say?

Thanks
checked the flight log and nothing abnormal, says it was in active track until i took control and sent it to home. I think that if i left it maybe it would have adjusted the track and carried on as normal.
I also had active track on the tractor again before this one and it stated to fly backwards when the tractor got smaller away from spark and i had to take control but now think that it lost its subject and thats why
2017-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-9-1 02:48
Thanks
checked the flight log and nothing abnormal, says it was in active track until i took control and sent it to home. I think that if i left it maybe it would have adjusted the track and carried on as normal.
I also had active track on the tractor again before this one and it stated to fly backwards when the tractor got smaller away from spark and i had to take control but now think that it lost its subject and thats why

You are probably right. It looks like it lost track.
2017-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-9-1 02:48
Thanks

It just lost track , try's couple of seconds to get back on track, can't, so just hovers , this is all quite normal, you must also remember when spark flew over tractor, tractor is almost same colour as grass, so gets a bit more difficult.
But that's all very normal, and some nice work, good job.
2017-9-1
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-1 03:10
It just lost track , try's couple of seconds to get back on track, can't, so just hovers , this is all quite normal, you must also remember when spark flew over tractor, tractor is almost same colour as grass, so gets a bit more difficult.
But that's all very normal, and some nice work, good job.

Thanks
For nice comment and input
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules