Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI please fix Android app (crash log attached)
1964 12 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ciesnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 238750 ft
Germany

Since version 4.1.4 (4.1.5 and 4.1.8) the android app crashes on my phone on second launch after installation. The last version that works for me is 4.1.3.

The first time after installation it works - I can fly.
But, on the second start of the app, if the app is connected to the RC, the app crashes right after the version check - every time.

Here is the crash log (this should help you to identify the bug):

=====        Device Info        =====
manufacture:bq
product:bardock
model:Aquaris X
version:1.4.3_20170809-0848
android version:7.1.1
sdk version:25
=====        App Info        =====
versionCode:1025605
versionName:4.1.8
=====        Crash        =====
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=2; index=-1
        at dji.logic.album.manager.b.c.j(SourceFile:262)
        at dji.logic.album.manager.b.g$3.handleMessage(SourceFile:191)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
        Suppressed: java.lang.Throwable: HERE SDK Version: 3.4.0.165
                at com.nokia.maps.MapsEngine$l.uncaughtException(SourceFile:369)
                at com.alibaba.sdk.android.trace.b.uncaughtException(SourceFile:46)
                at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1068)
                at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1063)

2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

What is your mobile device? Any error message from your app? Please try another mobile and see if it can work better. Thanks.
2017-8-31
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-31 18:42
What is your mobile device? Any error message from your app? Please try another mobile and see if it can work better. Thanks.

The mobile device is listed in the crash log above. The crash log is copied from the DJI folder on my android.

There is an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=2; index=-1 somewhere in your code which DJI can catch and fix easily for sure.

I already reset my phone to factory settings and tried it again and it happens every time with all versions since 4.1.4.

I know that it does not occur on the phones you recommend - but this is a rather lame excuse as it is clearly a bug.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please wait patiently, once we locate the problems, we will let you know. Thanks.
2017-9-1
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-1 00:13
Please wait patiently, once we locate the problems, we will let you know. Thanks.

Okay, in the meantime, here is another hint for the developers:

I removed the SD card from the Spark and the app stopped crashing!
So, it has something to do with the contents of the SD card that are being loaded by the app at startup causing it to crash. The SD card is not empty. There are some previous recordings and photos taken with the Spark.

I put in a brand new SD card and the app does not crash anymore on my phone. (app version 4.1.8)

Please inform your developers to check the album loading code - there seems to be code that fails on certain conditions causing the app to crash with no message given to the user. Maybe it is a corrupt photo or video on the SD card - but still, this should not cause the app to crash and render useless.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ciesnik Posted at 2017-9-1 00:57
Okay, in the meantime, here is another hint for the developers:

I removed the SD card from the Spark and the app stopped crashing!

Already transferred. If there is any new info, please inform us. And thanks for your kindly reminder.
2017-9-1
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-1 01:05
Already transferred. If there is any new info, please inform us. And thanks for your kindly reminder.

Just an additional information: The iOS app did not crash with the same SD card - only the Android app did crash. So, it is only related to the Android version.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

ciesnik Posted at 2017-9-1 01:15
Just an additional information: The iOS app did not crash with the same SD card - only the Android app did crash. So, it is only related to the Android version.

I see. Thanks for the detail. I will add it in the description.
2017-9-1
Use props
djiuser_ZXl4xiS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56010 ft
Germany

From my first guess, I'd say it's either related to the pictures (due to the album being mentioned) on your sd-card or offline maps (due to issue stemming out of the here maps engine).
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

ciesnik Posted at 2017-9-1 01:15

Ciesnik, can you provide a complete crash log or the original text? Thanks for helping.
2017-9-5
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 01:28
Ciesnik, can you provide a complete crash log or the original text? Thanks for helping.

Here you can download the original crash log from the DJI folder on Android:
http://ciesnik.de/crash-2017-09-06-09-50-31.txt

I will also try to strip down the exact file on the SD card which causes the app to crash and post it here.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ciesnik Posted at 2017-9-5 23:51
Here you can download the original crash log from the DJI folder on Android:
http://ciesnik.de/crash-2017-09-06-09-50-31.txt

Thanks for the update.
2017-9-6
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.3
Germany

Ok, I got it. Extract the contents of this zip to new fresh SD card, put it in your Spark, and the DJI GO 4 app 4.1.8 wil crash right after the version check.

It is a broken video file that causes the crash on Android. However, it does not cause a crash on iOS:

http://ciesnik.de/SD_contents.zip
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules