If I update my firmware will DJI Keep me from flying?
1068 5 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxmann74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745374 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've heard that  the latest firmware can make it to where if you are  within a restricted area (ie. Class D airspace) it won't let you take off. Is  this true?  I'd like to update my firmware but I don't want to be grounded by doing so.  

Any info would be helpful, thanks!

2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We suggest updating to the latest firmware, for the restricted area, you can apply for unlocking the drone in our GEO System: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-8-31
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Better be safe than sorry.
2017-8-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, you will be grounded! No don't update!
2017-8-31
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

I'm on 1000 version of software an I was in a Class D airspace yesterday. Could take off normaly, got warning on the screen that I was in a Class D Airspace.
2017-8-31
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

I've updated and Mavic is flying well.  I haven't noticed any additional restrictions affecting my flights.  I fly often in Warning and Enhanced Warning zones and I simply have to acknowledge them via the App at take off (no internet connection required at time of flight).  Or I unlock them via the GEO App, which I find works faultlessly.  

My only gripe with the new Firmware is I'm no longer able to access flight data in the Mavic (I think everyone is experienceing this issue).   For this reason only, I wouldn't have upgraded.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules