When will the DJI made Spark ND filters come out?
2581 26 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansec8cb96b
lvl.1
United States

I fly a lot in the day and where it's sunny, so I'm thinking about getting some ND filters to improve the video quality. I know that right now, I can pick up some PolarPro filters, but I want to make sure things are safe, compatible, and won't mess with warranty, so I'd prefer to go for the DJI ones.

I cant remember how long it took for them to drop the Mavic filters, so does anyone have a timeline on when I can expect the Spark filters? Thanks!
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

We still not have ND filters of spark, but we can transfer your suggestions to our engineers and see if it will come out in the future. Thanks for your support.
2017-8-31
Use props
rarevfx4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

I'm sure there won't be any Filters directly from DJI since the drone and its camera are not designed for a use with filter.
It's the same with the Phantom 3 Standard. The camera of the P3S didn't have a filter mounting options like the Phantom 3 Pro so DJI didn't come up with Filters for P3S while other manufacturers like PolarPro made some stick-on filters.

I think there wont be filters from DJI for the Spark.
2017-8-31
Use props
fansec8cb96b
lvl.1
United States

rarevfx4 Posted at 2017-8-31 23:19
I'm sure there won't be any Filters directly from DJI since the drone and its camera are not designed for a use with filter.
It's the same with the Phantom 3 Standard. The camera of the P3S didn't have a filter mounting options like the Phantom 3 Pro so DJI didn't come up with Filters for P3S while other manufacturers like PolarPro made some stick-on filters.

Hm, interesting...thanks for your input. I guess I'll have to reassess my options.
2017-9-6
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I was thinking of getting the PolarPro filters design for the spark
2017-9-6
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-6 08:54
I was thinking of getting the PolarPro filters design for the spark

I recently got the PolarPro Filter set for the Spark and am happy with them.  The are super light and easily attached/removed.  They even came in a nice little case.
2017-9-6
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-9-6 09:00
I recently got the PolarPro Filter set for the Spark and am happy with them.  The are super light and easily attached/removed.  They even came in a nice little case.

did you get the 3 or 6 filter kit?  have you noticed a difference in your pictures/videos?  If so, can you share non edited pictures with filter and no filter.

Thanks
2017-9-6
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

NDs mostly useless for Spark because of software 3rd axis stabilization. You'll get a horizontal motion blur.
2017-9-6
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

Any obstruction to panning up and down with the camera gimbal ?
2017-9-6
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

I Bought this on eBay... going to test tomorrow...

filters

filters
2017-9-6
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for supporting our brand!

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-9-6
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

JMX46 Posted at 2017-9-6 13:18

Hi JMX46,

Our Spark filters do not interfere with gimbal movement.  They are guaranteed to be fully compatible with the Spark gimbal.

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-9-6
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarProSupport Posted at 2017-9-6 14:37
Hi JMX46,

Our Spark filters do not interfere with gimbal movement.  They are guaranteed to be fully compatible with the Spark gimbal.

Let us know how they are!
2017-9-6
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

I also bought myself the PloarPro Cinema Series Vivid Collection.
ND16/PL is enough for a bright sunny day.

Really dig them!!
No Gimbal error anymore.

Here are some example images, i have to say i only bought them for video.
Without ND:
With ND:

Heres a Video which shows the gimbal behaviour when flying in sport mode with the nd attached:
The gimbal works even in sport mode, wouldnt recommend using it while flying difficult maneuvers. Best is to read the video description for all info.

Ill release some cinematic shots as soon as it stops raining here in germany.
2017-9-6
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

Pashi Posted at 2017-9-6 12:59
NDs mostly useless for Spark because of software 3rd axis stabilization. You'll get a horizontal motion blur.

just... no
2017-9-6
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

Ok. Explain why.
2017-9-6
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

just because you don't get horizontal blur when using a ND on the Spark. The digital stabilized axis has nothing to do with a filter on front of the camera.
2017-9-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-9-7 00:12
just because you don't get horizontal blur when using a ND on the Spark. The digital stabilized axis has nothing to do with a filter on front of the camera.

I am also finding it hard to think of a reason why an ND filter would interfere with digital stabilization.
But if somebody can show some video with / without ND filter that shows this side effect...
2017-9-7
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

PolarProSupport Posted at 2017-9-6 14:37
Hi JMX46,

Hi Oliver,
Can you recommend any good dealers in the UK for your filters. So far I have only seen the 6 pack of filters, which I don't need. I just want the 3 pack Polariser ND 8 and ND16

Thanks

2017-9-7
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

rarevfx_officia Posted at 2017-9-7 00:12

I talking about motion blur caused by long shutter. NDs didn't affect digital stabilization straight. Digital stabilization working bad with long exposure like 1/50 because of image blur. If you don't believe me, just shake your Spark in hands  at noon and at dusk even without any filters. You'll see horizontal blur in low light conditions
2017-9-7
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Germany

Pashi Posted at 2017-9-7 03:18
I talking about motion blur caused by long shutter. NDs didn't affect digital stabilization straight. Digital stabilization working bad with long exposure like 1/50 because of image blur. If you don't believe me, just shake your Spark in hands  at noon and at dusk even without any filters. You'll see horizontal blur in low light conditions

Creating motion blur is the reason to purchase a ND filter for drones. The slow shutter creates that blur and thats correct and realistic.
The digital stabilisation still works great even in Sport Mode with 1/50 shutter, since it stabilize based on the whole image and the motion blur will mainly appear on the ground - which is about 30% or less of the image. The far away horizon is still fix and not blurred.
2017-9-7
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

JMX46 Posted at 2017-9-6 13:18

None to my knowledge.  The gimbal operation isn't affected by the filters.  
2017-9-7
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

jksphoto Posted at 2017-9-7 01:01
Hi Oliver,
Can you recommend any good dealers in the UK for your filters. So far I have only seen the 6 pack of filters, which I don't need. I just want the 3 pack Polariser ND 8 and ND16

Hi jksphoto,

I'd be happy to!  We have a retailer locator on our site that shows all of the retailers in any given area:

PolarPro Retailer Locator

Calumet Photographic Edinburgh is the first one that comes up when I search "UK", but there are others.  I hope this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-9-7
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

PolarProSupport Posted at 2017-9-7 14:33
Hi jksphoto,

I'd be happy to!  We have a retailer locator on our site that shows all of the retailers in any given area:

Hi Oliver,

Thats great, thanks very much for coming back to me

Jasper
2017-9-7
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

jksphoto Posted at 2017-9-7 23:56
Hi Oliver,

Thats great, thanks very much for coming back to me

You're welcome!  Please feel free to message us or email support@polarpro.com if there is anything else we can help you with.

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-9-8
Use props
fans9a18442a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1882618 ft
Hong Kong

I bought the one why eBay too but it won't work when taking pano. It stuck when taking picture 2 out of 9. Anyone using polarpro work well when taking pano ? Also, where can I buy if I am in Hong Kong ?
2017-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Pashi Posted at 2017-9-7 03:18

I did see some shots on YT with ND filter that gave very nice results.
Since the purpose of these filters is to create a little motion blur I am having a hard time believing the digital stabilizer will interfere.
Still, if somebody can show otherwise while flying it would be a great piece of advice
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules