Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

2017-8-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Man that is a really cool place to play and fly! Is it man made?
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That's cool! Wanna get my motorcycle back tonight.
2017-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2017-9-1
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-31 20:03
Man that is a really cool place to play and fly! Is it man made?

Not it isn't man-made. Here's some info in it -

A prime example of Oklahoma's diverse terrain, Little Sahara boasts over 1,600 acres of sand dunes, ranging in height from 25 to 75 feet. The vast dunes have formed over time from terrace deposits, remnants of prehistoric times when the Cimarron River flowed over the entire area. Located south of Waynoka in northwest Oklahoma, the park offers amenities such as 86 RV sites with water and electricity, 143 tent sites, picnic areas and showers. Concessions are offered in the park seasonally, and groceries and fuel are available nearby.

The main attraction at Little Sahara is dune buggy and ATV riding across the sand dunes. Visitors can either bring their own ATV or rent one off-site by a private vendor. Either way, visitors will have a blast in this mini-desert atmosphere, known as one of the best riding spots for ATVs in the Midwest.
2017-9-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-9-1 06:12
Not it isn't man-made. Here's some info in it -

A prime example of Oklahoma's diverse terrain, Little Sahara boasts over 1,600 acres of sand dunes, ranging in height from 25 to 75 feet. The vast dunes have formed over time from terrace deposits, remnants of prehistoric times when the Cimarron River flowed over the entire area. Located south of Waynoka in northwest Oklahoma, the park offers amenities such as 86 RV sites with water and electricity, 143 tent sites, picnic areas and showers. Concessions are offered in the park seasonally, and groceries and fuel are available nearby.

Nice! ATV heaven!
2017-9-1
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 489400 ft
Ireland

Good location for a bit of active tracking.
2017-9-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oklahoma is a beautiful state.  I've had some wonderful times in it's diverse locations.  As a Missouri man I gotta say they're some envy to be had.  I just hope the fraking industry doesn't destroy it for future generations.  We feel your quakes up here sometimes.
2017-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like great fun! bikes and drones.
2017-9-2
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-9-2 05:32
Oklahoma is a beautiful state.  I've had some wonderful times in it's diverse locations.  As a Missouri man I gotta say they're some envy to be had.  I just hope the fraking industry doesn't destroy it for future generations.  We feel your quakes up here sometimes.

Ya know, it's crazy! I lived in California and never felt a single earthquake. Move to Oklahoma and it's like a daily event. Weird! It's a very unreal experience, much like a freight train is right outside your door.
2017-9-2
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you do have any issues with the sand, no problem !! Hire Canadians civil servants and, within two weeks, you'll suffer sand shortage !!!

2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules