Camera won't focus after update (was already at current fw)
2485 14 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bandwidth01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4780 ft
United States

At home I did the update released 08/22.  
Using an iPad and also made sure the DJI Go 4 app was updated.  
Went out to the field to fly and had wonderful flight on 1st battery.

Swapped out the battery and go message about versions out of sync?  
I thought I had swapped out the batteries at the house to make sure everything was in sync.
After it did the update the camera would not focus.  Still not sure what update it was doing.

In The Field (nothing below worked):
* Did the whole tap to focus thing
* Toggled Auto/Manual Focus
* Switched to Manual Focus (manual focus not working)
* Switched BACK to Auto Focus
* Turned everything OFF/ON
* Tap to focus
* Switched to Manual Focus (manual focus not working)
* Switched back to Auto Focus.
* Turned everything OFF/ON
* Tap to focus
* Turned everything off and swapped battery
* Toggled Auto/Manual Focus
* Went home with SAD face

At Home (nothing below worked):
* Refreshed the firmware even though it was current
* Reset Camera Settings
* Recalibrate the IMU

I think the ONLY thing left is to contact DJI.  Bought drone last Saturday so I am thinking I might return/exchange if they will let me.

Any other last minute suggestions???

Thanks,
Scott
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, you mean that the camera can not switch to MF and it forces to switch back to AF, right? Or you can switch to MF but the focus is not working. Could you please record a video for this case and some original photos from the SD card, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here? Appreciate your assistance.
2017-9-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed this as well, after upgrade, camera will not focus unless I'm close to an object?
2017-9-1
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has happened to me and also a friend's Mavic. It would not auto focus when tap to focus is used. When switching to manual focus you get the slider but there's really not that much change when the slider is moved. I also noticed that he slider is way shorter than it normally is when working fine, meaning it doesn't travel as much. Ours got fixed after a restart of the aircraft.
2017-9-1
Use props
Bandwidth01
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-1 03:42
Just to verify, you mean that the camera can not switch to MF and it forces to switch back to AF, right? Or you can switch to MF but the focus is not working. Could you please record a video for this case and some original photos from the SD card, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here? Appreciate your assistance.

Here is the link.  It's like the focus is stuck.  Before take off it looks like it is focused on the grass.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sxaw8 ... ky_0K2kiANgp0a?dl=0
2017-9-1
Use props
Bandwidth01
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-1 03:42

Did you see my Dropbox link?
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Bandwidth01 Posted at 2017-9-1 06:53
Here is the link.  It's like the focus is stuck.  Before take off it looks like it is focused on the grass.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sxaw8psoews3y72/AACXmBCGORsky_0K2kiANgp0a?dl=0

Thanks for the info, it looks like the focus is stuck, I've forwarded these original images to our engineers for analysis, will get back to you soon.
2017-9-1
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

Did you try switching from NTSC to Pal and back (or vice versa) to see if it works. Something like this happened to me once and I did this.
2017-9-1
Use props
Bandwidth01
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-1 22:39
Thanks for the info, it looks like the focus is stuck, I've forwarded these original images to our engineers for analysis, will get back to you soon.

Thank you.  Since my Mavic was only 6 days old, I was able to exchange it.  New Mavic firmware updated and ready for first flight.  I do have one more quick question in regards to this.  I updated my firmware at home with the DJI Assist App.  My first flight went great but when I put the 2nd battery in, I got a prompt to do an update that something was out of sync.  How can I prevent that from happening in the future?  Should I do firmware update with battery 1 in the Mavic and once completed, put 2nd battery in and do firmware refresh??
2017-9-2
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Bandwidth01 Posted at 2017-9-2 04:09
Thank you.  Since my Mavic was only 6 days old, I was able to exchange it.  New Mavic firmware updated and ready for first flight.  I do have one more quick question in regards to this.  I updated my firmware at home with the DJI Assist App.  My first flight went great but when I put the 2nd battery in, I got a prompt to do an update that something was out of sync.  How can I prevent that from happening in the future?  Should I do firmware update with battery 1 in the Mavic and once completed, put 2nd battery in and do firmware refresh??

put 2nd bat in after update and it will auto update again. it will say not compatible slide to update. no need to refresh and nothing you can do to not have to do it.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Agree with GroTToFlyeR, just insert the second battery into the drone, then you'll get a prompt if the battery needs to be updated.
2017-9-4
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I'm sorry for that, some hardware issues may happen to the lens module,  so my suggestion is transfer the drone to us, and we will find the root cause and fix it.
2017-9-7
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Using DJI GO 4 version 4.1.8 (Android) and FW .1000, I also had a focus problem with one of my Mavics.
While flying the Mavic in normal P-mode, all of a sudden the image went completely blurry, but focusing was then impossible.
I landed my Mavic, switched it off, then switched it back on, let it take off, and miraculously the focusing issue was cured, for the moment.
It happened again later on ... same procedure, same fix.
With every bug fixed in new versions of DJI GO 4 and/or firmware, DJI introduces new bugs...
2017-9-7
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

It's telling you that the firmware of the battery (yes, the batteries get updated sometimes too) just slide to update (it takes around 1 minute, so you can do it on the field if necessary)

Remember to warmup your batteries before flying in Winterfell, Winter is here
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi, our engineers replied you in post 12#, please check it.
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules