7879 20 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Captain
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

This video shortly summarises what information I could find about the new DJI Mavic Pro Platinum.

What do you guys think about it, is it worth it?

2017-9-1
Use props
fansc245b207
New
Flight distance : 53353 ft
United States

I recently lost my Mavic Pro to the Atlantic Ocean (Long Story) and was set to buy a replacement...and then a friend sent me an article posted on theverge.com covering this new and slightly updated version so yeah I'm on board for this. Though, I will say that had I not lost the original - I wouldn't purchase this as a replacement (as nice as the updates are)
2017-9-1
Use props
Kenneth R.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201850 ft
Bulgaria

No Henrik, it is not
2017-9-1
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

I'm tempted to buy a Mavic as my second aircraft, so yeah the Platinum would interest me. For the moment it's out of stock, so sometime down the road.
2017-9-1
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

long answer,...no not for me.
short answer,.....no
2017-9-1
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Old milk on a new nice colored bottle !!!

Missing soon a new set of props, so hope (probably in vain) the new type is coming in free trade.  

Regards Leif.
2017-9-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Old wine on a new bottle. NO!
2017-9-1
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I won't purchase a Mavic Platinum only because it is not much of an improvement over the Mavic... I love the silver colour though !

I will instead purchase the new propellers for the Mavic Pro when then are instock
2017-9-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc245b207 Posted at 2017-9-1 06:11
I recently lost my Mavic Pro to the Atlantic Ocean (Long Story) and was set to buy a replacement...and then a friend sent me an article posted on theverge.com covering this new and slightly updated version so yeah I'm on board for this. Though, I will say that had I not lost the original - I wouldn't purchase this as a replacement (as nice as the updates are)

For £100...absolutely! Why wouldn't you buy it if you are replacing the lost one...I certainly would!
I am temtped to change my Pro and its only a couple of months old. That said, I probably won't unless something happens to mine...genuinely hope nothing does obviosuly! Had one scare with it already up a 25ft tree!
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Different people have different opinions on it. We have optimized the propellers and ESC which enhance the flight time and decrease the noise. And the good thing is that the new propellers can also compatible with Mavic Pro. Anyway, thanks for the attention to it. We will also keep moving on for optimizing or releasing drones.
2017-9-3
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

It is not worth that money if there was no improvement on the quality of the footage.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansc245b207 Posted at 2017-9-1 06:11

Sorry to hear about your loss. Had you reported this case to our support team? Did it lose because of the pilot's error or the drone itself? I suggest contacting us by sending an email to support.us@dji.com if you have any questions. Thank you.
2017-9-3
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
Japan

No it is not worth better buy 1 more battery & increase your flight time by 20+ mins
2017-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not for a replacement, but if you are buying a first Mavic maybe
2017-9-4
Use props
djiuser_vi3TNn3
New

Spain

Not a good deal to replace if you got one already. The only changes are ESC, propellers and colour. And the only technically relevant it's the ESC. Rest it's exactly the same. Propellers are not the cause of the noise. Motors are the ones injecting decibels...
2017-9-28
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it worth it? do bees love honey...of course it is. It may just be my second MP on standby.  
2017-9-28
Use props
323 Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 761621 ft
United States

I don't see much of an improvement to make the jump. I will instead like many people here purchase the Props to reduce the noise and because they look cool..
2017-9-28
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

As a first Mavic then yes .... for me as an existing owner of the Mavic Pro then 'no' .... it does not represent enough of a leap forward to warrant selling the MP and buying the MPP.

Like others though I will try a set of the new props on the MP and see if there is sufficient improvement in flight time/noise levels but I doubt it.
2017-9-28
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-28 08:11
As a first Mavic then yes .... for me as an existing owner of the Mavic Pro then 'no' .... it does not represent enough of a leap forward to warrant selling the MP and buying the MPP.

Like others though I will try a set of the new props on the MP and see if there is sufficient improvement in flight time/noise levels but I doubt it.

That is my way of seeing this question.
2017-9-28
Use props
Warren Treon
lvl.1

United States

Not at all, I was told it would be shipped out on the 25th of September but was later told it was delayed! I understand that delays happen, but they waited until the day before the release to tell me, after I had dropped $1,300 into the drone! A little disappointed tbh
2017-9-28
Use props
Warren Treon
lvl.1

United States

Not at all, I was told it would be shipped out on the 25th of September but was later told it was delayed! I understand that delays happen, but they waited until the day before the release to tell me, after I had dropped $1,300 into the drone! A little disappointed tbh
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules