P3A updated but now thinks it's a P3P. Please help.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PWingers
New
Flight distance : 3327 ft
United Kingdom

I updated my P3A a few months ago and since then it regularly seems to think it's a P3P on DJI GO so the camera doesn't provide any feed when it does this.
I wanted to buy Mavic so put my P3A up for sale and sold it and before I handed it over, I updated again to v1.18 and now it ALLWAYS thinks it's a P3P, gives no video feed, and needless to say, the buyer doesn't want it now

I'm led to believe that it's the camera/gimbal that reports what type of P3 it is to the DJI GO app so how can I correct this?

2017-9-1
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Uninstall the app and re-install. Also try to relink the two again. If it isn't seeing the correct aircraft in the app, it won't communicate properly. When everything is correct and the way it is supposed to be, your app should detect your correct phantom.
2017-9-1
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have a P4P and when I start DJI Go4 on my android device I'm being shown a spark on the "Enter Device" page. On the top left to the right where it says "DJI SPARK" there is a little grey arrow pointing down. I click on it, select P4P and I can connect to the drone.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to link RC without DJI GO app and check again.

a. Turn on both the aircraft and the controller. Hold C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller.
b. Then press the wheel on the right side of the controller
c. Use a tool to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 2-3 seconds, it will link soon.
2017-9-1
Use props
PWingers
New
United Kingdom

Susan
I will try that.
Thanks
Paul
2017-9-18
Use props
PWingers
New
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 20:18
I would recommend you to link RC without DJI GO app and check again.

a. Turn on both the aircraft and the controller. Hold C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller.

Susan,
I tried that and it made no difference. The problem started when I updated the software earlier in the year but if I restarted everything it sometimes came back. Since the latest software, it has gone completely and simply thinks it's a Professional all the time, so no video output.
What's more, I now have a new problem in that it just says the software needs updating all the time too, but that's probably because it thinks it's a Pro and I put the Advanced software on it.
I'm really disappointed because I can't be the only person with this problem and there's nothing on the website about it.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PWingers Posted at 2017-9-18 15:58
Susan,
I tried that and it made no difference. The problem started when I updated the software earlier in the year but if I restarted everything it sometimes came back. Since the latest software, it has gone completely and simply thinks it's a Professional all the time, so no video output.
What's more, I now have a new problem in that it just says the software needs updating all the time too, but that's probably because it thinks it's a Pro and I put the Advanced software on it.

Just to verify, the linking RC is successful, right? How about changing to another USB cable or recommended mobile?
2017-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

This is an odd reaction yo an update.

Are you certain, that you haven't loaded the Phantom 3 Pro firmware?

If not, then it's a real mystery, that this could happen.

Hopefully, you can get some assistance to fix the glitch.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-21
Use props
PWingers
New
United Kingdom

I'm fairly certain that I haven't loaded the wrong software. I tried reloading the software but it doesn't want to know now and just bleeps one short then one long over and over. I left it running like this for 45 minutes before turning it off.
Very disappointed with it. I wish I hadn't loaded the new software in the first place because it was fine before.
2017-9-21
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

PWingers Posted at 2017-9-21 07:59
I'm fairly certain that I haven't loaded the wrong software. I tried reloading the software but it doesn't want to know now and just bleeps one short then one long over and over. I left it running like this for 45 minutes before turning it off.
Very disappointed with it. I wish I hadn't loaded the new software in the first place because it was fine before.

I would suggest you try to give it time to try and finish. You are not doing yourself any favors by shutting it off. A corrupted install only causes more issues. I can only share with you that I had a similar experience helping a friend of mine. Can't tell you now what version it was or any real specifics, but here is the quick story. He had trouble trying to upgrade on his own, and after several attempts he brought it to me. I ended up downloading the correct firmware at that time, and started off fresh if you will. Formated sd-card, etc. Upon upgrading the aircraft, I turned it on and it made some very strange noises and lights were going crazy. After a short time and tired of listening to it, I took the aircraft and put it in my basement and left it there. After an hour I checked on it, and still strange things going on but I didn't touch it.....let it continue. No kidding, after 1 1/2 hours I checked on it again, and holy crap........all was perfect. making the D-DD sounds , light were good etc. No noises or anything. It has been flying perfect ever since. Now, I can't say I have the answer to your issues, but I did learn something myself on that one. I have never had anything like that on my own P3A, but I can tell you that is what actually happened with my friends. I just think maybe your installation is somehow corrupt. You have nothing to lose the way I see it. Charge up your battery, try it again, and leave it on. I hope you can get it figured out.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules